Author Topic: Leadership ECL?  (Read 4574 times)

Runestar

• King Kong
Re: Leadership ECL?
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 09:14:15 PM »
Actually it does. Even if Leadership IS a useless feat, how do you skip it if the class is specifically built around the feat? Besides, you can't have two people at level 20. If you're level 20, then the cohort is 18 at max.

Draconic leadership gives you a dragon cohort whose ECL is reduced by 3 for this purpose. Incidentally, dragonwrought kobolds are dragons...

I can't recall offhand if you are allowed to go beyond the table in draconomicon though.

And in your case, even though the class does give you the leadership feat, I say just ignore what it does, save yourself the hassle of calculating its benefits right down to the last 1st lv follower and just throw in whatever npcs you want the party to face.
A clear conscience is the surest sign of a failing memory.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 05:12:36 AM »
And in your case, even though the class does give you the leadership feat, I say just ignore what it does, save yourself the hassle of calculating its benefits right down to the last 1st lv follower and just throw in whatever npcs you want the party to face.
I want them to face off against an entire army. Think, the final battle in Lord of the Rings.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Runestar

• King Kong
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 05:44:38 AM »
Then just plop the army down on the map. Who really cares if they adhere to the guidelines listed for leadership or not? I don't think the players are really going to care, unless you do something like claim that the cohorts won't give them any xp as they are a feature of a feat....
A clear conscience is the surest sign of a failing memory.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 05:45:50 AM »
It's a one-shot in a d20 tournament, so no it won't give them any XP. At least not enough that they'll gain a level before the final battle.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.