Author Topic: Character Part 1.  (Read 1643 times)

gagnrath

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Character Part 1.
« on: May 21, 2009, 02:01:59 PM »
Allright this character is part of a two part series that has to do with the events of last session in my gaming group.  All books are availible though I can't use any vile feats.

The DM is a very opositional DM against players DM trying to kill the characters save for his psuedo girlfriend's character.  Rulings on ambiguities in the rules seem variable to what ever screws the players more at that point.  The campaign tends to be very very undead centric we need new characters because last session killed off most of the party with his monsters and the party rogue (me) finished off the last one that the arch lich didn't get.  At this point the pary rogue went to the uber NPC that sent the group out and used the evil artifact recovered.  (a modified orb of the wight from sord and sorceries Tome of artifacts. It was powered up to make it more beneificial to a greater number of undead and our research about it made it seem even more deadly upon trying to be destroyed.)

Yes thats right the sole party surviver sacrificed himself by cataclysmically destroying a pair of artifacts in the immediate vicinity of what is in his world eliminster out of his mind on PPC.  This was after he systematically ruled over a number of weeks various things in to nerf party members characters, so that he could kill off characters without playing his monsters intelegently.

Now thats the backstory as to why new characters characters are being made.   He hasn't decided as of today weather the next group will be at 10th or at 15th level. As of last reports he was also unsure exactly the outcome of 60D6 force damage to his vaunted shop of magic.

So if the shop is gone myself and half of the party has decided to play normal characters that are fun loving and good.

I am making a whisper gnome ranger with the gnome substituion level to up his wolverine animal compainion.

Unadjusted stats rolls

This guy is to be optimized for survival of anything.  The character will be standing right next to or behind the most loved sure to be elven cleric paladin or theif that the lady the DM is sweet on plays.  Doing damage is secondary. The ranger will be nuetral good.  Other than that anything goes need it at 10th and 15th level build wise.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: Character Part 1.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 02:04:15 PM »
Wow, this campaign sounds like a lot of fun...:eh

EDIT:
Other than that anything goes need it at 10th and 15th level build wise.

Man, I miss PI...

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 02:11:42 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 02:04:49 PM »
Your new character should be a Dungeon Master. And he should put lots of ranks into Perform(DMing).

Jedda

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 02:08:41 PM »
Your DM sounds a little nuts... that's neither here nor there though.

Are you planning to go straight ranger? twf/archery?

Take Natural Bond to buff your wolverine even more :D

gagnrath

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 02:17:18 PM »
Was planning archery simply to stay behind the most loved player.

The DM is very nuts.  Which is why the group is fraying constantly.

Sadly its a case of he has every 3.5 D&D book printed (literally) and won't let anyone else DM at his place. When members of the group play together other places and with other groups and other DMs we have alot of fun.  Heck its even ok playing with him outside of his main campaign and story line at low levels because he doesn't try to pull factors from every portion of the worlds worst DM thread.

Was also thinking about putting myself on woverine back simply to keep myself more removed from combat but if a build is good and survivable without that we'll go with that.  Looking for ideas, prestige class and feat trees at this point.

juton

• King Kong
  • Jack of all trades, master of nothing.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 07:34:07 PM »
I've run into this before, if the campaign won't be fun to play don't play it. If you're a rookie DM spend a little money and buy an adventure path, most of them you can use with just the SRD which you can access at (d20srd.org). It's different being the DM but it's still fun, and it frees you and your friends from that DM's tyranny. If he seems OK with you running a game invite him to join.

gagnrath

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 10:13:33 PM »
heh we all play in at least one other group besides his most beloved character.  Most of us DM from time to time though not on a regular basis.  This is a straight up protest to show that he is nuts and wrong before he can create anymore hate in the area.  He's actually fairly well known at the gaming shops in town as a horrible DM but because people who have the time to devote to run regular campaigns are rare. he's usually got a group that is about ready to quit his game.