Author Topic: My kung fu is better than yours[World of Darkness]  (Read 2305 times)

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
My kung fu is better than yours[World of Darkness]
« on: May 21, 2009, 12:07:10 PM »
I'm really unfamiliar with this game but I'm still pretty good at it(i pick stuff up fast). I'm trying to make a character who is focused on drunken boxing, which mostly focuses on defensive fighting style and using the opponent's attacks against them.

From the expanded armory, I took:
2 dots finesse (knuckleduster)
5 dots in that kung fu variant that has a unique ending
4 dots in Aikido, plus that 2 dot merit for aikido
3 dots in Krav Magga

My next move, when I can afford a boost to stamina, is to increase my stamina to 3, take grappling 1, 2, and the DM will let me take Langshwert 2 as Grappling 3. DM also okayed Finesse for anything that uses a brawl check as a 4 dot merit, including grappling. What else can I add on to this? What I can basically do is boost my defense up to ridiculous numbers through that one ability to add your initiative to defense against armed opponents, the ability to add brawl to defense by spending a willpower. I can also take defense and begin a grapple with anyone who attacks me if I succeed on an attack vs. their damage, from Aikido 2(I think).

Just as a guage of the character's power, he is capable of tossing 21 dice of bashing damage in a round, but for some reason it's extremely rare for me to roll an appreciable number of successes. So far it's a fun character that doesn't exactly do anything unbalanced, and at the same time it's a really fun character to play because I can be drunk all the time and still fight.

Also: Can you combine the kung fu maneuver that adds attacks with the Aikido 4 maneuver that adds extra Shinonage or Grapples?

We're just normal humans, no conspiracies/contacts, all weapons are the same rather than having 9agains/crap.

I'm looking for a way to get this out to do more with defense. My main trick right now is Aikido3's thing that throws people Size + Brawl feet. That's extremely useful for controlling the battlefield, and I can throw them into damaging things. Once I get that grappling trick, I'll be able to take defense on my action and drop people to the floor rather than initiate a grapple (Aikido 2 + Grapple 1 or 2).

So what merits and stuff like that would you guys recommend? Sorry about the nonspecificity, I don't actually own the books, but I hope you guys understand me. I'm basically asking for what I should take in order to advance the cause of Drunken Boxing. I'm kinda looking at Qinna.

rubberduck

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • my stuff
    • Email
Re: My kung fu is better than yours[World of Darkness]
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 08:12:50 PM »
this is the very first thing i see in the min/max section thatis not DnD or at least D20 related.
and since i have no fu**ing clue about the system you're talking about here is something funny!
[spoiler][/spoiler]
best online-comics i know: http://lfgcomic.com/ http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com
Looking for players? http://spielerzentrale.de/

me fail english? that's unpossible!
fear my new god! DARTH GOKUVERINE
poor literacy is kewl