Author Topic: What is the Cohort anyway?  (Read 4183 times)

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: What is the Cohort anyway?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 07:05:53 PM »
Your explanations could use a little work :P

Will guys from the boards be able to submit articles?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 07:11:43 PM »
Your explanations could use a little work :P

Will guys from the boards be able to submit articles?
email zeke@brilliantgameologists.com

We will have a submission guideline up soon.  The idea is to have a "multi blog" where people who have ideas they want to share and create a discussion will be able to do so.
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 09:48:18 PM »
Though since Josh didn't specifically say so, yes, absolutely we are looking for people to submit articles for the cohort.
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

DaveTheMagicWeasel

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • If you optimize it, they will come
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 01:04:05 AM »
So, not sure if I post this or email it?

I'd quite like to start up a "Diary of a DM" thread (similar to Oaksparr's on the wotc boards, tho I don't claim to be that good a DM).  Basically, I'm starting up running an Iron Heroes game, incorporating Saga inspired houserules and 4e inspired monster design.  There's a lot of mechanical/balance issues implicit in that, so it'd help me to try and get some feedback on stuff I'm doing and maybe spark some interesting discussion.

heffroncm

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 01:37:27 AM »
I don't think The Cohort is the venue you're looking for.  It's more of an article outlet, for folks with more 'finished' ideas.

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 01:44:18 AM »
So, not sure if I post this or email it?

I'd quite like to start up a "Diary of a DM" thread (similar to Oaksparr's on the wotc boards, tho I don't claim to be that good a DM).  Basically, I'm starting up running an Iron Heroes game, incorporating Saga inspired houserules and 4e inspired monster design.  There's a lot of mechanical/balance issues implicit in that, so it'd help me to try and get some feedback on stuff I'm doing and maybe spark some interesting discussion.
What would be cool is to start a thread and then out of what you learn periodically write up articles for the cohort.  Do the thread wherever you think it would work best.  It could go here or in one of the other boards.  Based on how often you intend to post.  If you plan on posting a lot here would get you the most visibility, if you plan on once a week the Kitchen sink would give you more visibility.  So you do the Journal thing there and every so often a concise article for the cohort. 

Great idea btw
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009

DaveTheMagicWeasel

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • If you optimize it, they will come
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 01:50:42 AM »
Okay, I'll start it in the sink then.  Probably tomorrow tho.