Author Topic: Gestalt Totemist  (Read 10819 times)

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Gestalt Totemist
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2009, 06:26:12 PM »
I want a flat increase. like Boots of Striding, but for Fly speeds.

So, a Belt of use-activated enlarge person...

Spell LevelxCaster Levelx1800
=1800, just like a hat of Disguise.

Can i "build" this custom item?
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2009, 06:34:05 PM »
Wow, what a wierd double post. Obviously i am an idiot.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:56:01 PM by Generic_PC »
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2009, 06:52:07 PM »
You know, a Belt of Enlarge Person use activated is only 1800. Assuming Sinfire will let me have that custom item...

I may. It may be limited in uses/day though (but as a Swift action, if I do limit the uses).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2009, 06:59:09 PM »
Well, get back to me on what you want that item to look like.

Now, i still don't have RotD, so i was wondering, does Dragonborn (Wings) base its speed off of your landspeed?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2009, 07:18:08 PM »
Well, get back to me on what you want that item to look like.

Now, i still don't have RotD, so i was wondering, does Dragonborn (Wings) base its speed off of your landspeed?

Quote from: RoTD

There you go.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2009, 08:19:09 PM »
Damn. I do need flight speed bonuses.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2009, 08:24:23 PM »
You're dragonblood, so picking up Draconic Aura: Swiftness (from Dragon Magic) would give you an increasing flight speed bonus (plus climb and swim speeds if you have it). The bonus is 5 x bonus, which starts at 1, becomes 2 at 7 (so +10 ft flyspeed).

Just one option.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2009, 08:35:22 PM »
Well, its my best option yet. Not exactly great, but it does increase with levels.

Unfortunately, Barbarian fast movement only works on land speed, but if i take the Slow flaw, i move 25' on ground. So, i guess i get another feat outta this.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2009, 08:40:49 PM »
The Speed of Thought feat from the XPH (must be psionic to take) increases all movement speeds by +10 ft in light or no armor.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2009, 08:41:07 PM »
Well, its my best option yet. Not exactly great, but it does increase with levels.

Unfortunately, Barbarian fast movement only works on land speed, but if i take the Slow flaw, i move 25' on ground. So, i guess i get another feat outta this.

There's also a feat from the Draconomicon that boosts your Fly speed by 20ft, but it requires a Fly speed of 100ft to begin with.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2009, 08:48:45 PM »
Wow. Both of those help a lot. The only spell I can see is haste, although technically Fly speeds me up as well. There are a couple of SpC spells that increase Maneuverability though.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2009, 08:59:10 PM »
The Improved Maneuverability feat boosts your maneuverability by one step. If you're average or above, you can now hover, which beats the Hover feat by a mile (unless you're large enough to cause tornadic winds).

You might also want to look at Flyby Attack. It's like Ride-by Attack, Shot on the Run, Spring Attack, AND that feat that allows you to cast spells in the middle of a move action, all in one.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2009, 09:02:34 PM »
Well, that does beat hover, since it is hover, but also good maneuverability, in one feat. Where is it, and it can replace Hover.

I think Draconic Aura might be the best idea though. It looks like it right now, although i'm looking through Draconomicon and Dragon Magic...

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2009, 09:10:06 PM »
Improved Maneuverability Improved Flight is in Complete Adventurer, p 110 (also, Savage Species, and about 5 other sourcebooks, but CA is the easiest to find; no prereqs but a fly speed, and it does exactly what it says on the box).

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2009, 09:24:14 PM »
Improved Flight is good. It'll be in the build rather than Hover.

There is an item in MiC, Wyrmfang Amulet, which treats all natural attacks as magic for overcoming DR. It costs 1350, worth it?

Is Manticore Belt+Fly-By Attack any good?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2009, 09:25:02 PM »
Improved Flight is good. It'll be in the build rather than Hover.

Is Manticore Belt+Fly-By Attack good?

Well, Manticore Belt does grant Flyby Attack when bound to your Waist chakra...

It's one of the best options for a Totemist.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2009, 09:26:12 PM »
But requires 2 chakra binds.

What about the Amulet?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2009, 09:42:21 PM »
But requires 2 chakra binds.

What about the Amulet?

The Amulet would help you overcome DR, and would be very useful.

It also grants you a Fly speed of 10ft/essentia invested (which maxes out at 160ft, clumsy maneuverability). If you think a feat slot is worth keeping a Chakra Bind open and losing out on an 80ft fly speed at 20th level (it's still considerably better than the normal fly speed you have at the level you get the Waist chakra), then go ahead.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2009, 09:52:31 PM »
Any other ways to overcome DR with my natural weapons consistently? i.e. No silversheen. i really don't want to be "sheening" 4 sets of claws every battle.

Just as an update, i currently have on the pay:

+1 Glamered Mithral Breastplate (6 AC, at least 6 dex bonus) 8050
"Belt" of Enlarge Person (Currently its at will) 1800ish.
Wyrmfang Amulet 1350

Leaves me with 5800 for other DR bypassing stuff, as well as stuff like Belt of Battle.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2009, 09:58:46 PM »
Any other ways to overcome DR with my natural weapons consistently? i.e. No silversheen. i really don't want to be "sheening" 4 sets of claws every battle.

Just as an update, i currently have on the pay:

+1 Glamered Mithral Breastplate (6 AC, at least 6 dex bonus) 8050
"Belt" of Enlarge Person (Currently its at will) 1800ish.
Wyrmfang Amulet 1350

Leaves me with 5800 for other DR bypassing stuff, as well as stuff like Belt of Battle.

Wands of various druid spells? I'm sure there's one that lets you overcome DR/Silver, and there's also Align Fang. If not, we'll just call it Transmute Fang, and give it that effect.

Edit: You don't really need the amulet if you are using anything but the Manticore Belt for damage. Soulmelds that gain an enhancement bonus to attacks/damage auto-bypass DR/Magic (IE Incarnate Weapon or Girallon Arms).

[spoiler][/spoiler]