Author Topic: Looking for DM, players: The Fall of Sharn  (Read 79135 times)

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Looking for DM, players: The Fall of Sharn
« Reply #280 on: May 11, 2009, 12:05:20 PM »
My character is basically done. I have like... Skills, which i still can't figure out. Gestalt, curse you!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 12:49:14 PM by Generic_PC »
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #281 on: May 11, 2009, 12:32:59 PM »
Wondering what to spend the last 10,000 of my gold on.... decisions decisions.
You could donated to the me not killing you in my epic quest for balance fund.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #282 on: May 11, 2009, 12:48:57 PM »
Here is updated sheet. Still waiting for approval on Custom Items.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #283 on: May 11, 2009, 12:53:42 PM »
Here is updated sheet. Still waiting for approval on Custom Items.
Sudden Leap requires one other Tiger Claw maneuver as a prerequisite.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #284 on: May 11, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »
Wheres the fun in that? And wouldn't you just take the cash to buy more things to kill him with? :D
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #285 on: May 11, 2009, 01:19:41 PM »
Wheres the fun in that? And wouldn't you just take the cash to buy more things to kill him with? :D
Hey, My character my not give a *explative* about the law, but he honors the agreement's he's made.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #286 on: May 11, 2009, 01:45:06 PM »
Pretty much done, just need to fill in mundane gear and decide on 2 maneuvers...

So, what would you guys go with, Emerald Razor, Mountain Hammer or Wall of Blades?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 01:48:21 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #287 on: May 11, 2009, 02:14:15 PM »
So, what would you guys go with, Emerald Razor, Mountain Hammer or Wall of Blades?
Kill stuff? *deliberately misinterpreting the question*
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #288 on: May 11, 2009, 02:17:03 PM »
Kill stuff? *deliberately misinterpreting the question*
Now now, killing isn't always the answer, you can get a lot more answers out of torture that Speak with Dead.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #289 on: May 11, 2009, 02:27:18 PM »
Seeing as we've got little in the way of rogues proper(unless Agita picked up the skills), I guess the Kung Fu Lockpick has it's merits, as does Emerald Razor.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #290 on: May 11, 2009, 02:28:24 PM »
Seeing as we've got little in the way of rogues proper(unless Agita picked up the skills), I guess the Kung Fu Lockpick has it's merits, as does Emerald Razor.
Skills? I'm a Wizard, buddy. :D But yeah, I'd agree. With buffs, the number of times you'll be hit should be low enough to not really need WoB.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #291 on: May 11, 2009, 02:29:58 PM »
Pretty much done, just need to fill in mundane gear and decide on 2 maneuvers...

It depends. Each of those has a specific use. ER is offensive, MH can be used as a utility, and WoB is defensive. Which aspect defines your character most? Or rather, where is it weaker? They're all pretty good. I think coming down to it, I'd go with Wall of Blades if I knew my attack could get reliably much higher than my AC. Other than that, Mountain Hammer is fun for smashing through things, and if you're in the depths of the ruins, smashing through debris could be rather handy.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #292 on: May 11, 2009, 02:51:06 PM »
Seen as though we're starting at half-way to level eight, will we get half WBL between level 7 and 8 for our characters or just the 19,000 for a starting level 7 character?

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #293 on: May 11, 2009, 02:54:57 PM »
Btw Agita, you got room for the Minor Creation? Was hoping you had the skill points to sink into Craft(poisonmaking/alchemy), considering how few spells I have when they aren't illusion/transmutation
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #294 on: May 11, 2009, 02:59:51 PM »
Btw Agita, you got room for the Minor Creation? Was hoping you had the skill points to sink into Craft(poisonmaking/alchemy), considering how few spells I have when they aren't illusion/transmutation
I'll see what I can do. If I wasn't spending skill points for Mindbender entry, it would be no problem. As it stands, I have 8 skill points to devote to various stuff (after the mandatory Concentration, Spellcraft, Knowledge (Arcana), and Knowledge (Religion) to qualify for Divine Oracle). And that's with human as the base race.
Maybe I should get an Improved Familiar (something with telepathy - pity Pseudodragons are NG) and have it take Mindsight instead.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #295 on: May 11, 2009, 03:04:28 PM »
Alright, I'll reserve a handful of skill points for Craft(poisonmaking) till you can confirm that.

In other news, I seem to be maintaining maxed Disguise and Bluff. :D
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #296 on: May 11, 2009, 03:06:18 PM »
Seen as though we're starting at half-way to level eight, will we get half WBL between level 7 and 8 for our characters or just the 19,000 for a starting level 7 character?

Also Sin, Skin of Ectoplasmic Armour... will it work with polymorphed forms, yay or nay? It's ectoplasm that covers the skin, so my thought was it should be pretty able to cover anything... but i'll wait for your choice.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 04:03:44 PM by BowenSilverclaw »

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #298 on: May 11, 2009, 04:15:20 PM »
My sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=125253
Choose what will help you most, a bard's +75 shift in diplomacy might help you win the kings favor, but it won't help you clear out the rats in the tavern wine cellar.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #299 on: May 11, 2009, 04:21:38 PM »
My sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=125253
Choose what will help you most, a bard's +75 shift in diplomacy might help you win the kings favor, but it won't help you clear out the rats in the tavern wine cellar.
Yes it will, because you can get the king to have his guards do it for you. :P

Bowen, do you have any feats free for Martial Study? Might be something to consider if you can't make up your mind. If not, I'd go with WoB and MH in that case. Rays are nasty, and since there will be a lot of assorted rubble, punching through that might be great utility.