Author Topic: A new campain setting  (Read 1532 times)

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
A new campain setting
« on: April 25, 2009, 11:08:51 PM »
I'm going to be running a long campain, and am making a new setting... I don't want to make this an "Oh shit the PC are of the railroad, i need to make something up they'll run into" situation. I'm currently thinking about a setting 1000 years after the races have been expeled from the mortal plane, into a series of demiplanes.

I was hoping people here could help me in the crafting of this campain setting...

The first question I have, is there any published information of interplaner ships?
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Re: A new campain setting
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 11:15:36 PM »
Closest I can think of that's 3.5 is the Astral Caravan power from the Expanded Psionics Handbook.

Now, if we're talking older editions, Spelljammer is almost exactly what you're looking for.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »
Closest I can think of that's 3.5 is the Astral Caravan power from the Expanded Psionics Handbook.

Now, if we're talking older editions, Spelljammer is almost exactly what you're looking for.

Close, I'm talking about travel between different demiplanes inside the Ethereal Plane, perferably in ship like things
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 05:03:48 PM »
There is the gate zeppelin from the planer handbook. I am of the opinion that everything is better with zeppelins so I recommend you give your players one of those. There are several other vehicles in the same section of the book (around page 72) that you could use that are similar in style but the zeppelin best fits what you need I think. Although there is the cheaper planer sailer it has the negative effect of requiring water to travel on, making it difficult to find a proper place to warp in.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:08:05 PM by Havok4 »

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 11:42:23 PM »
Most of my 3.5 campaigns take place in my own world where all the planes were separated into an infinite amount of demiplanes. Depending on the frequency of travel you want, it is either very fun or very annoying.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 11:43:17 PM »
I want to make it so that Planer Navigation, is something the Bard bothers to invest points into.