Author Topic: Info Thread  (Read 2176 times)

jjpprob

• Noob
    • Email
Info Thread
« on: April 24, 2009, 09:50:06 AM »
At the request of a bloodthirsty lizardmanthing, this thread is to ask for info that your characters would know IC, but which you don't know as a player. Post questions here rather than the Cantina thread.

Linley

Re: Info Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 09:55:39 AM »
As a matter of course, I've copied John's question (and the reply) re. droid factory from the Cantina.

Thingus:
What kind of droids are built on the production line, and do we see them entirely assembled? Also, do we know much about the paticulars of the construction line, like if the droids are checked for correctness before they leave our site?

GM:
All that a prisoner could discern for themselves is the assembly of the parts they work on. However, it's no secret among the prisoners that the facility builds construction droids. After a day's work, you leave your station with completed parts still there - they're removed by members of staff after you've left, and no quality checks are done in the time between completing a part and you leaving your station - any correctness checks that may be done, you've never witnessed. if there are any, they're done elsewhere.

Solo Phoenix

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • My deviantArt
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 01:03:27 AM »
What is covering the body-chute?  And how quickly do we think we could open it?
Advice to gamer girls looking for love: The odds are very good, but the goods are very odd.<br /><br />They call it a clam for a reason.

jjpprob

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 05:28:12 PM »
It's covered by a grate, which is fitted much as a real world manhole is. Thus, you could probably open it just as quickly as a manhole

Linley

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 05:42:39 PM »
Lol anyone know how to open a manhole cover? I'm sure you need a special key of sorts for that.

jjpprob

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 06:59:29 PM »
You do. Or a crowbar. But isn't that just a very very big key, in a way? Anyway, I think it's more just screws rather than keys. *shrugs*

Thingus

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 08:12:42 AM »
In RL, the key thing is just a way of lifting the cover; it's basically a portable handle. At least, I think it is.. Besides, why would you want to lock a manhole? (Apart from to prevent escape from a prison, ofc :P)

jjpprob

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 08:21:17 AM »
I think you're right - you probably can just lift a manhole, but I imagine it'd be quite tricky without the key. Though, chavs getting pissed, they pass a manhole at the same time as a poor nerdling, the sort they usually prey on...if I was the nerdling, I'd very much hope that manhole WAS locked...

Linley

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 12:29:12 PM »
So, have we established that the manhole-cover-door to the chute is unopenable without a crowbar, or is there a convenient, GM-made handle for opening it?
Do we need a spot check?

jjpprob

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 12:54:25 PM »
I wouldn't say it's unopenable without a crowbar - just that a crowbar would help. Anything you can manage to get underneath the panel that's strong enough to lift it would work, really. And as far as you can see, there's no useful handles. Whether that's because they aren't there or because you've not looked, you won't know until you DO look. I can't tell you teh results of a perception check before you roll it :P

Linley

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 09:11:58 AM »
Has anyone raised the alarm yet?
And what are the other prisoners doing? Anyone supporting our jailbreak?

jjpprob

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 09:14:20 AM »
Most of the other prisoners, other than the Twi'lek and the dead guy, are too afraid of the (apparently quite puny) guards. Nobody's raised any alarm, at least not as far as you can tell.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 09:16:33 AM by jjpprob »

Solo Phoenix

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • My deviantArt
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 01:31:48 AM »
Am I correct in assuming that Q has made it to the grating unobstructed?
Advice to gamer girls looking for love: The odds are very good, but the goods are very odd.<br /><br />They call it a clam for a reason.

jjpprob

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 06:00:01 AM »
Yes, Q's at the grate at the moment. So's Jo'Ro, though he was obviously more obstructed, and not in as good shape.