Author Topic: What disturbs you?  (Read 13303 times)

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
Re: What disturbs you?
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 01:45:53 AM »
Well, actually it promotes traits that improve the breeding potential of the individual. Traits like the one you described promote non-fatness, cause all the fat ones get eaten (to the benefit of the non-fat ones) :p

Having broods of 12 chicks in one season does not increase the breeding potential of any one of those ostriges, but it does increase the chance of one of them living to breeding age.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 11:59:15 AM »
Bees, wasps, hornets, and yellow-jackets.  One of which was in my bedroom, another of which was in the shed where the wasp-spray lives.....    :censored :hide
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 12:04:22 PM »
alot of sprays just piss a healthy wasp off.

try liquid hydrocarbons, kills bugs dead.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 01:09:06 PM »
alot of sprays just piss a healthy wasp off.

try liquid hydrocarbons, kills bugs dead.

I prefer those electric fly swatters, cause you get to squish and zap them
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 01:54:09 PM »
I just bat them out of the air.  When they realize I don't fear their stings, they back off real quick.
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 01:55:01 PM »
The shear fact we're closer to having an atomic war than peace on earth, and that natural selection has been deadned from human sociaty.

Natural selection has been deadened, but natural selection isn't all it's cracked up to be.  By Natural Selection, I am a failure, and the dude that has 15 kids from 10 different women is a smashing success.

Natural selection favores traits that increase the survivability of the speisis, having a ton (pun intended) of fat kids following behind the herd in order to distract the preditors from our creme de la creme, then yes, yes it is.

I suggest you crack open a book on biology sometime.  You'll find you don't know as much as you think you do.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 01:59:27 PM »
The shear fact we're closer to having an atomic war than peace on earth, and that natural selection has been deadned from human sociaty.

Natural selection has been deadened, but natural selection isn't all it's cracked up to be.  By Natural Selection, I am a failure, and the dude that has 15 kids from 10 different women is a smashing success.

Natural selection favores traits that increase the survivability of the speisis, having a ton (pun intended) of fat kids following behind the herd in order to distract the preditors from our creme de la creme, then yes, yes it is.

I suggest you crack open a book on biology sometime.  You'll find you don't know as much as you think you do.

If your theory was true, than ants, and bees could never have evolved.

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 02:09:06 PM »

Explain how that even makes sense. 

And do it in proper English.  I am growing weary of the illiterate trying to explain biology to me. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 02:14:08 PM by CountArioch »

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 02:25:43 PM »
Needles, especially syringes. I've grown used to a lot through exposure, but having something thin and pointy pierce skin (or any part of the body, for that matter) is one of the few failsafe ways of making me wince.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 02:43:38 PM »
a quick distinction,

what disturbs me irl, and on film are different.

irl , nearly anything biological, i got no need to other peoples fluids... some family excluded.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 08:00:58 PM »

Explain how that even makes sense. 

And do it in proper English.  I am growing weary of the illiterate trying to explain biology to me. 

I'm not illiterate, this is my second languid.

If evolution favored the ability of a single to mate to as manytimes as possible, spesies that have collonies of hundreds of members only a handful of which can mate would not make sense.

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 10:20:30 PM »
Evolution doesn't "favor" anything.  If you have children that grow up to breed themselves, you are biologically successful.  If you have a trait that makes you create more viable offspring, then you officially win Natural Selection, the award is your species gets to keep going.

I don't understand why you are arguing this.

Furthermore, I roll to disbelieve that English is your second language.  You aren't typing like a foreigner, you're typing like you are sloppy, 14 years old, and not paying attention to what you are writing.  I suggest typing your posts into a word processor, set the language to English (Any dialect is fine, English shows an abnormal lack of variation between the various dialects), and check your spelling. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 10:24:26 PM by CountArioch »

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 02:00:32 AM »
Evolution doesn't "favor" anything.  If you have children that grow up to breed themselves, you are biologically successful.  If you have a trait that makes you create more viable offspring, then you officially win Natural Selection, the award is your species gets to keep going.
+1
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2009, 01:48:07 AM »
+1
But that reasoning, if I kill all your kids, you fail.  :smirk

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2009, 12:09:58 PM »
Yes. Coz I let you do it.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2009, 12:43:44 AM »
Having broods of 12 chicks in one season does not increase the breeding potential of any one of those ostriges, but it does increase the chance of one of them living to breeding age.

Yes, it does increase the breeding potential of each of those ostriches, because each has a higher chance of living to reproductive age.

If evolution favored the ability of a single to mate to as manytimes as possible, spesies that have collonies of hundreds of members only a handful of which can mate would not make sense.

Sure, they do, you just have to look at it correctly; creatures that cannot breed don't participate in evolution directly. They're equivalent to appendages of the ones that do breed, because they improve its own breeding potential (and thus it is beneficial for the breeding individuals to produce the nonbreeding individuals each generation).

But that reasoning, if I kill all your kids, you fail.

Evolutionarily? Yes. You would fail. Even if they were wiped out by a chance meteor strike, you never contributed to future gene pools. So you failed.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:46:12 AM by Bauglir »
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Graytigeress

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2009, 07:01:12 AM »
People who hurt kids.

Spiders.

In me the tiger sniffs the rose and watches butterflies!

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2009, 05:22:24 PM »
People who hurt spiders.

Kids.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2009, 06:32:35 PM »
People who hurt kids.

Spiders.

Kids who hurt spiders.

People.

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 03:10:39 AM »
Animal abuse.
Child abuse.
Abuse in general.
Injections/needles/bloodwork.
Bullying.
Hairy vaginas.

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.