Author Topic: GenCon '09  (Read 26716 times)

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
Re: GenCon '09
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 10:46:49 PM »
I'm looking for one or two more roommates as well - not really a party crowd, since most of us are there for competitive games and we need to stay sharp.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 11:05:32 PM »
What games are you there for, PI?
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 11:14:38 PM »
D&D Miniatures.  Rumors of its death have been greatly exaggerated  Check it out.

Shoggoth

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 12:46:55 PM »
I'm super excited about this year.  The online registration software didn't completely fuck up this year like it has in previous years and I got everything I wanted.

My schedule:

With Smoak Comes Fire' sponsored by Wizards of the Coast     True Dungeon                    08/14/2009 02:00:00 PM    
If These Walls Could Talk                                                     Inspectres                    08/15/2009 12:00:00 PM    
Of Flames and Famine                                                             How We Came to Live Here    08/16/2009 09:00:00 AM     
Cthulhu Masters Tournament                                                     Call of Cthulhu                    08/13/2009 12:00:00 PM    
Buried Secrets                                                                     Unknown Armies                    08/14/2009 06:00:00 PM       
Race For The Galaxy Tournament Qualifier 1                             Race For The Galaxy            08/13/2009 08:00:00 AM    
Grey Ranks                                                                          Grey Ranks                    08/13/2009 09:00:00 PM    
Bedlam 301                                                                     Call of Cthulhu                    08/15/2009 07:00:00 PM    

I think I left room in there for a couple of the BG panels as well, and I plan to get over to the Games on Demand room at some point.
Still came that eldritch, mocking cry - "Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!" and at last we remembered that the demoniac Shoggoths...had no voice save the imitated accents of their bygone masters.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 01:13:52 PM »
Race For The Galaxy Tournament Qualifier 1                             Race For The Galaxy            08/13/2009 08:00:00 AM    
Heh. Best of luck. I haven't gotten the expansions yet, so I didn't feel up to joining this one, so you get my support. :P
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Shoggoth

• Email
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 08:24:02 PM »
Heh. Best of luck. I haven't gotten the expansions yet, so I didn't feel up to joining this one, so you get my support. :P

It's gonna be a free-for-all, I'm sure.  Maybe I'll be able to put together the blue machine?  Probably not.   ???
Still came that eldritch, mocking cry - "Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!" and at last we remembered that the demoniac Shoggoths...had no voice save the imitated accents of their bygone masters.

Dragon Snack

• Curious George
    • Dragon Snack Games and Entertainment
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 03:46:34 AM »
We're looking to split our room more to share costs- we've got 1 more bed up for grabs!
Would I have to be Zeke's love monkey again?

Yes, it's possible I may close the store for the week.  It IS Gen Con after all...
Visit my Message Boards (they're strangely familiar) and my Blog...

If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls

Dan2

• Honorary Moderator
  • Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 04:34:46 PM »
For the first time ever, I'll be going.

And I'm bringing 4 friends with me!

Blade2718

• Un4given Ghosts Scenario Paintball
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 01:44:36 AM »
My FLGS is trying to get a D&D team there, and I just MIGHT have the cash to do it.  PI, how many in your room?

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2009, 04:54:50 PM »
We're looking to split our room more to share costs- we've got 1 more bed up for grabs!
Would I have to be Zeke's love monkey again?

Yes, it's possible I may close the store for the week.  It IS Gen Con after all...

6 in the room, and the Meghan loomed, roll over, I'm crowded, so they all rolled over and one fell out...
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2009, 03:53:42 AM »
Why didn't you call me, Blade2718...?

There's always room on the floor.  I have including myself @ the Sheraton.  Why don't you room with the guys from your FLGS?

Anyway - Meg/Josh/Zeke, there will be epic partying, I assume?

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 01:50:59 PM »
Of course there will be epic partying!  When it gets closer we'll put out a schedule.

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Blade2718

• Un4given Ghosts Scenario Paintball
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 01:04:42 AM »
Why don't you room with the guys from your FLGS?
Smokers.

Vynar

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 09:06:02 AM »
For hotels, there is a group of us that have over reserved, so space is available to share or take off someone's hands.

How much to share Zeke's bed?  ???

One of these years I need to get the money to go though. Maybe next year.  :(

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »
I have my money situation mostly straightened out, by next year I'll have all my debt paid off save student loans and I will have more pocket money.

It's too late for 09, but I will be there Gencon '10.
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

The Lurker

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 02:19:28 AM »
I may actually go to Gencon this year.  I'll be on a budget (don't want to spend more than 250 bucks for the whole thing if I can; I went to A-kon for 150 or so with two thirds of that being merch), but I'll make it.  Hopefully with my brother.  I think my uncle should hook us up with a free room if we can pay for gas to get there.

dither

• Hong Kong
  • Breaking the ninth wall
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 01:36:04 PM »
I'm going to shoot for a much-more-full release of my board game/card game/roleplaying game for GenCon '10.
"Stuck between a rogue and a bard place."

vanity
Read my webcomic!
Dither's Amazing Changing Avatars

[spoiler]
Quote from: Shadowhunter
Quote from: Flay Crimsonwind
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Dither's power level?"
It's over nine thousand!

Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Anklebite
Quote from: dither
Well blow me down! :P
A SECTION OF THE CAVERN HAS COLLAPSED!
dither, Miner, has died after colliding with an obstacle!
[/spoiler]

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2009, 04:11:34 PM »
I'm going to shoot for a much-more-full release of my board game/card game/roleplaying game for GenCon '10.

So cool!

I may actually go to Gencon this year.  I'll be on a budget (don't want to spend more than 250 bucks for the whole thing if I can; I went to A-kon for 150 or so with two thirds of that being merch), but I'll make it.  Hopefully with my brother.  I think my uncle should hook us up with a free room if we can pay for gas to get there.

That's awesome!  Room is definitely the biggest cost, next is food.  If you can do both for ultra cheap, you may be in a good spot. 

How long of a drive would that be?

dither

• Hong Kong
  • Breaking the ninth wall
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2009, 04:22:43 PM »

So cool!

I'm certainly looking forward to it. I still have to find a decent printer for the cards though. *sighs* Someone who isn't going to charge me an arm and a leg. The "boards" are more like poster-maps that I can actually print at work. Printing and cutting the cards is an entirely different matter, however.
"Stuck between a rogue and a bard place."

vanity
Read my webcomic!
Dither's Amazing Changing Avatars

[spoiler]
Quote from: Shadowhunter
Quote from: Flay Crimsonwind
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Dither's power level?"
It's over nine thousand!

Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Anklebite
Quote from: dither
Well blow me down! :P
A SECTION OF THE CAVERN HAS COLLAPSED!
dither, Miner, has died after colliding with an obstacle!
[/spoiler]

The Lurker

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2009, 05:29:37 PM »
That's awesome!  Room is definitely the biggest cost, next is food.  If you can do both for ultra cheap, you may be in a good spot. 

How long of a drive would that be?
From Texas (DFW area) to indy.  Google says 14 hour drive.