Author Topic: Star Wars: Prelude to Defiance (game thread)  (Read 13895 times)

jjpprob

• Noob
    • Email
Re: Star Wars: Prelude to Defiance (game thread)
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2009, 06:27:54 AM »
((That'd be Knowledge(Technology) I think, seeing as the appraise skill doesn't exist in the SWRPG. It's untrained, so it's +2))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:36:16 AM by jjpprob »

jjpprob

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2009, 06:47:40 AM »
((Oh, also, everyone gets 160 experience, which I've added to your sheets))

fix-chan

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2009, 06:52:37 AM »
Oh great, you're and idiot and disrespectful. They may be our enemies but they still deserve the same respect that any of our own would.

Mimi stalks passed him and towards the Security door. Then turns back to Lanrash with a sweet smile.

Seeing as how you just love smashing things why don't we just ram you big head into it.

Solo Phoenix

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • My deviantArt
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2009, 07:06:12 AM »
Q raises his voice to be heard amongst the argument

"I estimate that the door will soon be opened from the other side.  It is highly likely that there is some system for monitoring our actions here, and if so, also highly likely that reinforcements are currently en route.  I believe that the waste chute offers a possible escape."
Advice to gamer girls looking for love: The odds are very good, but the goods are very odd.<br /><br />They call it a clam for a reason.

fix-chan

« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2009, 07:12:29 AM »
Mimi sends a sharp look Q's way.

You wanna be part of this too, mate?

Solo Phoenix

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • My deviantArt
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2009, 07:15:39 AM »
Q replies to Mimi

"I wish to take no part in your personal conflicts.  My interest is purely the preservation of our lives"
Advice to gamer girls looking for love: The odds are very good, but the goods are very odd.<br /><br />They call it a clam for a reason.

Linley

« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2009, 09:20:03 AM »
Roll for appraisal of the damaged plasteel button: 6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2067257/  - 1d20+2 according to James.
((Well that sucked...))

---

Lanrash glares at Mini with his obsidian eyes. "Respect is earned. They have my respect. But they may also have things that will aid in the 'preservation of our lives'. So if you think that respect for their deaths is more important than respect for our lives..." Lanrash leaves the sentence hanging.

"Criista, check the bodies would you. Don't worry about sizing up clothes though; I have a feeling that our little princess would have rather too much to say, if she doesn't already."

jjpprob

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2009, 10:25:37 AM »
Examining the device, anyone could see the broken wires sticking out of the fractured case. Lanrash can't see any damage other than the case and those wires sticking out, though he could be wrong. As for what it does, Lanrash can't find anything on the device that would indicate its function.

fix-chan

« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2009, 12:22:43 PM »
Turning back to Lanrash

You know what, when become the last of your kind maybe you'll earn my respect. Until then you can tell it to the banthas, Shiny

Mimi stares at him for a second, violet eyes flashing with anger, before walking back to the chute.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:41:38 PM by fix-chan »

Linley

« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2009, 01:12:09 PM »
Lanrash turns and walks after Mimi, levelling the blaster at the back of her head and making 'pchew' noises and flicking the barrel upwards with each 'shot'.

As he walks, Lanrash turns to Criista."That chute is gonna be my way out of here and for the moment I need all the help I can get. Are you with me Criista? It'll be gun-fighting and back-watching the whole way. So if you're with me then I suggest we move out!"

Lanrash peers down the chute. Perception roll: 15
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2067449/

---
((Gome on GM! give Holly dark-side points!!!))

Mimi stares at him for a second, violet eyes flashing with anger, before walking back to the chute.

jjpprob

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2009, 01:24:18 PM »
((Linley, I lolled.))

Lanrash sees a few metres ahead of him, before it gets too dark to see any more. The chute goes down at a slant, and somewhere in the darkness there seems to be a reddish light. How far away this redness is, he can't tell.

((sorry for repeat description, james is lazy))

Criista nods. I'm with you! But what about him? He gestures to the resting Bothan. He wasn't useless in that scrap, we could make use of him.

fix-chan

« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2009, 01:25:36 PM »
((HAHAHA!! ;P))

I'd watch you're step if I were you Blood Carver

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:45:12 PM by fix-chan »

Thingus

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2009, 01:40:19 PM »
Jo'ro stretches, and feels twinges through his back. Then he puts on his best smile.

"Oh, I was, but not for lack of trying. Besides, I never clamed to be THAT good in a fight. But if you want to get further than this planet, you'll need somebody who knows how to find things, like ships, weapons and," he plucks at the prison garb, "clothes that don't stand out like a Blood Carver who's just got off a penal colony."

He gets to his feet and saunters over to Q by the grate. ((I think))

"What do you make of it?"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:49:24 PM by Thingus »

Linley

« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2009, 01:52:14 PM »
"Believe it or not, I know about all of those things," Lanrash says with what might be a grimace or a grin. "I'm not just hired muscle. I can pilot, hack and repair - albeit on a relatively basic level. As for the fight, your technique did not demonstrate a complete absence of competence. Nobodies' did. You're choice of rock was terrible though."

Lanrash looks at the "You, Q, is it? What's your thoughts on this chute? Do you think it's safe?"

--
((John - that's the closest you'll get to a Blood Carver compliment - i.e. constructive criticism. Feel honoured!))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:53:57 PM by Linley »

Thingus

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2009, 02:03:24 PM »
"For combat, I'm far more comfortable with a blaster pistol than with, say, a clod of dirt. And I'm a fairly accomplished slicer myself. People tell me I'm sneaky, too, but if someone told you that, would you believe them?"

--
((I am :D I loled at the 'choice of rock' too. ))

Solo Phoenix

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • My deviantArt
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2009, 02:43:59 PM »
"I am acting on the assumption that the waste disposal mechanism does not operate at all times, in the interests of efficiency.  The red glow I have observed may indicate some form of furnace or incinerator, but I do not believe it is bright enough to indicate current operation.  If someone who is capable of climbing the chute can investigate first, we can assess the situation further.  Jo'ro, please assist me in carrying the cover back to the chute.  If we cover it after our escape, it may delay the inevitable reinforcements in locating us."

Linley

« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2009, 02:53:19 PM »
"Sounds like we have a plan and that we're all in this together. For the moment. Criista, if you want to lend a hand with the grate, I'll be back in a second."

Lanrash pointedly ignores Mimi. He walks over to the last fallen guard and picks up the third blaster. He then heads over to the slain human prisoner. Carefully reaching out, he closes the prisoners eyes for the last time and then tears a strip from the prisoner's uniform, tying the cloth around his upper arm and knotting it tight.

He then trudges back to the chute and offers the blaster to Jo'ro.

"Is that respect enough for you, Mimi?"

jjpprob

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2009, 03:05:12 PM »
I'm hardly strong, but I'll do my best...

Criista follows Q to the grate.

fix-chan

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2009, 03:21:38 PM »
Mimi watches Lanrash and a hint of a smile appears on her face.

For now

Looking back at the shoot she considers for a moment.

I might be able to hold someone for long enough for them to see the bottom and find out what's happening down there but they would have to be light and I can't guarantee how long I would be able to do it for

Thingus

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2009, 03:48:21 PM »
"Thankyou."

Jo'ro takes the blaster, hefts it, and smiles. He then tucks it into the waistband of his prison uniform.

"Mimi, I'm probably one of the lighter ones here, so if Lanrash, Q and Criista handle the grate, I can check out the chute. Would it be easier for me to jump down, and you to pull me back up if needed?"