Author Topic: Stephen Lynch  (Read 3329 times)

tc_george

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Stephen Lynch
« on: April 23, 2009, 04:43:06 AM »
You BG's in 38 part three plugged Stephen Lynch's DnD song. Are you guys familiar with his music or was that your introduction because I am under the presumption that everybody listens to him, and it came off in the show as if you might not be fully versed in the Lynch. If you are not, I recommend youtubing Stephen Lynch at the El Ray. It's his live show that went to DvD. My personal favorites are Best Friends,Ugly Baby, For the Ladies, Lullabye, Love Song, When you're not home, Talk to Me, and Big Fat Friend. 
rawr

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
Re: Stephen Lynch
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 02:13:32 PM »
We weren't familiar with him, no.  The D&D song was our first introduction.  I will be sure to check those other songs out though!
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Slaughterhouserock

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Hail to the king, baby.
    • Horror Movie Fans
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 02:19:30 PM »
You BG's in 38 part three plugged Stephen Lynch's DnD song. Are you guys familiar with his music or was that your introduction because I am under the presumption that everybody listens to him, and it came off in the show as if you might not be fully versed in the Lynch. If you are not, I recommend youtubing Stephen Lynch at the El Ray. It's his live show that went to DvD. My personal favorites are Best Friends,Ugly Baby, For the Ladies, Lullabye, Love Song, When you're not home, Talk to Me, and Big Fat Friend. 

Agreed.  Lynch is pretty damn funny and the El Ray video has some of his best stuff in it.
The DM giveth and the rogue taketh away.
I have a 5 in Charisma and Diplomacy is a cross-class skill.  Hopefully I don't piss off too many people.

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 06:54:05 PM »
The hilarious thing, for me, about Stephen Lynch is that the first time I heard "Grandfather Die" was the day after my second grandfather died. Paradoxically, this did not make me depressed, sad, meloncholy, etc. Rather, I had to stifle my laughter so my parents wouldn't ask why I was laughing so hard. To this day, "Grandfather Die" makes me think of my grandfather.

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 07:12:58 PM »

I would have to add Craig and Beelz to that list of songs.  Also, I didn't realize he had a DVD, I'm gonna have to pick that up.
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

tc_george

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 09:37:25 PM »
Yeah meg he does lots of hilarious songs. I've seen him live. He's a master improvisational performer. If you go see him live it's never the same show twice. Which can be a problem because his CD's might not be the version of the song you like so you have to dig on youtube for one of the million live versions of the song out there. For instance, my favorite instance of "Best Friends" is his radio edit version because he uses letters for the profanity instead of curses, and the person he is singing with adds a pretty good punchline.
rawr

JonHook

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 02:21:38 PM »
Yes! Stephen is hilarious. I've got all of his albums and his dvd, and I've seen him 3 times in concert.  :D

I would have to add "Down to the old pub instead" as another excellent tune.  :lmao