Author Topic: Apologies?  (Read 3992 times)

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
Apologies?
« on: April 13, 2009, 12:41:15 AM »
I just checked into the main page today to see if a new episode had been uploaded. And then I saw the update from April 10th.

Why?

I am deeply saddened by these events.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
Re: Apologies?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 02:07:28 AM »
I'm not going to get into the whole thing, but essentially:

1) At I-Con last weekend, at the very end of a very interesting, enlightening panel on the State of the Industry of Gaming, which included only the 4 of us (Me, Josh, Zeke, and Robert Bohl) led by Jamie Chambers and Cam Banks, Josh said some mean comments.  Later that night, as we were all packing up to go, he said a couple of other inappropriate things to Jamie.
2) Cam is friends with Fred Hicks, talked to his friend, and like a game of telephone, some details were left out and others were misconstrued.
3) Fred twittered that we should all leave podcasting and the gaming hobby for ever and refused to see any other side than what he thought was correct.

Some of the details have me frustrated, but what it came down to is that Josh has finally realized that his approach, while 90% on target and acceptable, is 10% of the time, not. 

We're going to work on actually, really, fine tuning a bit.  The same night at I-Con we presented a panel on the 7 Words You Can't Say While Gaming.  We are the ones pushing for not kicking people out and improving communication.  That is what we're passionate about.  We want to focus on these things and lessen the negativity that is occassionally there as well. 

So step 1 was an apology on Josh's part.  The rest is effort, applied by the 3 of us, and hopefully will only be noticeable in that the rest of our message is louder and less clouded by the overly negative. 
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 01:46:03 PM »
While Josh can come off as a bit of a jerk, to me it seems that it is due to his passion on the subjects he does talk about, he never seems to be doing so belligerently.  I hope things can be worked out between everyone as my interactions with the gameologists, Jamie, and Cam have all been positive in the past.

Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Zeke

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 02:01:43 PM »
That is our sincerest hope.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 09:47:05 PM »
It saddens me to hear that things went so far south.  I'm glad you three are planning on turning this negative event into a strength, though. :)
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 03:42:58 AM »
If I could, I'd hug Josh right now.

Not many people know how to apologize anymore.

And having him apologize... It was just really big of him.  :)

<3

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

MotG

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 12:08:36 PM »
When Fred said that I almost sarcastically tweeted something about Josh, but then thought better of it.  Now I'm glad I didn't.  Somehow it's not funny if it turns out to be true :(

Anywho, I have no idea what happened or what was said, but I do know the hobby (rpg podcasts) would be poorer without Josh in it.

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 01:13:11 AM »
See, if someone sent me a message like that, I'd tell them to get bent.

She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 04:03:05 AM »
Sometimes you need a kick in the pants.  Or the nads.

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 02:18:15 AM »
See, if someone sent me a message like that, I'd tell them to get bent.

exactly, same here. The only time I apologize for offending someone is when they're a close friend and it was an accident.

Robert Bohl

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Misspent Youth
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 11:31:07 AM »
Well, you're very manly then.

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 08:15:09 PM »
umm.. was that facetious? seriously, I can't tell if you were being sarcastic.

But, by way of elaboration, I kinda offend people just by existing, so... It's pretty impractical to try to not offend people.