Author Topic: Warforged Battlemechs?  (Read 6682 times)

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
Warforged Battlemechs?
« on: April 12, 2009, 11:20:55 AM »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Warforged Battlemechs?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 11:28:09 AM »
Are you looking to imitate mechs from a specific source, or any kind of giant robot?

For the "LAM", see if your DM will allow you to apply the lycanthrope template to a construct.

I suggest applying the Dragonborn templateRotD for flight or a breath weapon laser, taking the Dragon Tail and Prehensile Tail feats, and then putting an armbow on the tail.

I statted a few mechs before
[spoiler]

Cybuster, The Lord of Elemental

Warforged druid (Shapeshifter variant) 1/Scout 1/Dragonfire adept 18
Feats: Aerial Reflexes, Air Heritage, Dragonfire Strike, Enlarge Breath, Expeditious Dodge, Flyby Attack, Heighten Breath, Maximise Breath, Shape Breath
Flaws: Murky-Eyed, Shaky
Traits: Quick
Breath Effects: Cloud Breath, Five-fold Breath of Tiamat
Invocations: Draconic Toughness, Endure Exposure, Greater Draconic Flight, Instill Vulnerablity
Spells: Longstrider, Produce flame
Equipment: Dragon Spirit Cincture, Draught of admixtured (acid) breath, Masterwork Potion belt, +1 eager flaming skillful starmetal longsword (w/ lesser energy assault crystal of electricity, and wand chamber containing wand of lion's charge), +1 force shortbow, amulet of +1 valorous skillful natural attacks, +1 twilight plating of quickness, 2 gauntlets (w/ least energy assault crystals of acid and cold)

Cybird: Predator form
Cyflash: Endure Exposure, enlarged heightened Cloud Breath.
Akashic Buster: Predator form followed by charge with bite attack and dragonfire strike
Ranbu no Tachi: Activate wand of lion's charge, then charge enemy
Cosmo Nova: Instill Vulnerablity (acid), Draught of admixtured (acid) breath, enlarged maximised heightened Fivefold Breath of Tiamat shaped into a cone. (Note that this attack varies wildly in appearance between games)
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Lookatthis

Alteisen

CG Gorebrute shifter barbarian (lion totem, ferocity) 1/dragonfire adept 5/paladin of freedom 2/green star adept 10/fortune's friend 3
Feats: Entangling Exhalation, Combat Brute, Fortutitous Strike, Improved Sunder, Power Attack, Practiced Spellcaster (dragonfire adept), Quicken Supernatural Ability (breath weapon), Shifter Savagery, Unbelievable Luck (B),Victor's Luck
Flaws: Shaky, Vulnerable
Invocations: Draconic Flight, Endure Exposure, Energy Resistance, See the Unseen
Breath Effects: Cold Breath, Slow Breath
Equipment: +3 full plate, 2x masterwork spiked gauntlets, +1 quick-loading light crossbow, +1 impact brash lucky morningstar, necklace of +1 brutal surge valorous natural weapons (gore), Armbands of might, Helm of battle, Mantle of Second Chances

Teamwork benefits: Ranged precision, Spell barrage

Autocannon: Light crossbow
Revolving Stake: Full attack with morningstar
Heat Horn: Gore attack while shifting
Heavy Claymore: Breath weapon
Trump Card: Shift, enter ferocity and charge with a gore attack (activating brutal surge), using a quickened Entangling Slow Breath on the way. On the next round, charge again and make a full attack with the morningstar, taking advantage of Combat Brute.
Weissritter

CG Warforged Ranger (distracting attack) 4/Warlock 8/Cyran avenger 5/Hellfire warlock 3
Feats: Ability focus (eldritch blast), Endurance (B), Flyby Attack, Point Blank Shot(B), Practiced Spellcaster (warlock), Precise Shot, Quicken Spell-like ability (eldritch blast), Rapid Shot, Shape Soulmeld (strongheart vest), Track(B), Woodland Archer
Flaws: Non-combatant
Invocations: Eldritch line, Eldritch cone, Eldritch spear, Fell flight, Hellrime blast, Noxious blast, Repelling blast, Vitriolic blast
Equipment: +1 splitting exit wounds dragonbone footbow/warlock's scepter, +1 light crossbow, +1 shortsword, Bracers of archery, Greater chasuble of fell power, +3 distance swiftwing arrows

Teamwork benefits: Ranged precision, Spell barrage

Oxtongue Rifle E: Eldritch blast
Oxtongue Rifle B: Footbow
Oxtongue Rifle W: Footbow + quickened eldritch blast
For Alteisen Reise, take a level of fighter and another in fortune's friend. Trade Tower Shield Proficiency for Exotic Armour Proficiency (mountain plate). Replace full plate with mountain plate and add the shocking enchantment to the gore. Pick up Empower Breath.

For Rein Weissritter, take some more warlock levels and learn Greater Draconic Fell Flight. Get the Twin Spell-Like Ability feat and Eldritch Sculptor.[/spoiler]

Dragonfire adept is your friend
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 11:41:20 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 11:44:49 AM »
As I said, i'm looking for Battletech in particular.

I toyed with Templates inside the Spoilers, but just now realize:
That would no longer ba a 'Mech, just a Dragon with metal Plating attached.
I hate World of Warcraft, this one reminds me on "Deathwing" :banghead

Would it be antioptimized, if i removed Flight from any Build, but the LAM
and just went with really high/long Jumps(probably utilizing Tiger Claw)?

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 11:51:36 AM »
If you only need it to get from point A to point B quickly during combat, Jumping is good enough I think. Do realize that there's a distance limit, so you might want to pick up a level of Blade Dancer (OA) to ignore that.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:56:55 PM »
I toyed with Templates inside the Spoilers, but just now realize:
That would no longer ba a 'Mech, just a Dragon with metal Plating attached.
Actually, your type at the end is
Construct (dragonborn, living construct)
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

mans0011

• Curious George
  • Too much Aizen Hate to go around....
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 02:12:11 PM »
A few quick questions:

Where is the Shifter variant for druid?

Where is Lion's Charge?

Where is Dragonfire Adept?
OOC-well for that matter he could just ride on my sword, that's about 15' ;)
OOC - That's what SHE said!  But, otherwise, that works for me, if you guys are willing.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 02:20:32 PM »
A few quick questions:

Where is the Shifter variant for druid?
PHB2

Where is Lion's Charge?
There's a psionic version in the SRD which you can extrapolate from. The original is probably in the Spell Compendium.

Where is Dragonfire Adept?
Dragon Magic. It's like a better version of the warlock (note that DM also introduces the very useful eldritch glaive invocation for warlocks)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 02:46:38 PM by Prime32 »
My work

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 03:30:10 PM »
Yeah, the spell version of Lion's Charge is in the Spell Compendium. 2nd level Druid spell IIRC.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 08:05:07 AM »
Just in case:
Shifter Druid are 3 Racial Sublebels from Races of Ebberon. Prime32 referred to the Shapeshift ACF.

I fail to see, how this relates to the Topic, I started, tough.....

Edit:
Can't edit first Post, for some reason. To many large Spoilertags, i guess?
News: I decided against Soulborn for the Heavy, too much Investment,
         when Incarante 2 only costs me 1 BaB and basically gets the same melds.
         Law Incarnate seems to fit the Warforged, any good melds for other Alignments, I missed?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 11:05:59 AM by Ivory Knight »

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 10:50:52 AM »

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 09:20:13 PM »
Jump distance limited by height is, from what I hear, strictly 3.0.  For all jumping-related concerns in 3.5, including Warforged options, check under the Hood.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 06:11:39 AM »
The mech theme could be greatly enhanced by using a Stone Spitter Maug graft from FF - if only they did not do piddly damage :(.