Author Topic: Breath Weapon Totemist?  (Read 5465 times)

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
Re: Breath Weapon Totemist?
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 04:21:48 AM »
Manticore belt does not give you a bonus to hit.  So you're calcs are off, Sinfire.

Yeah, the idea was to use Lammasu Mantle for 1/round entagle, while winter maks provides a 1/1d4 round breath with a metabreath feat.

Nor does it get a bonus to damage from Essentia invested. So it's power just got cut down dramatically.

2-8 attacks as a standard action is still good.  You just need buffer support to make it really work.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 09:02:08 AM »
Manticore belt does not give you a bonus to hit.  So you're calcs are off, Sinfire.

Yeah, the idea was to use Lammasu Mantle for 1/round entagle, while winter maks provides a 1/1d4 round breath with a metabreath feat.

Nor does it get a bonus to damage from Essentia invested. So it's power just got cut down dramatically.

2-8 attacks as a standard action is still good.  You just need buffer support to make it really work.

Dragonfire Bard for Sonic damage works wonders for getting the extra damage into obscenity. It may be possible to use GMF with the belt, which provides another +5/+5.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 10:12:30 AM »
^Regarding that, check my post in the Tiers system thread. I contend that you can use spells to augment your soulmelds all you want, and you can even apply weapon focus feats to them as per weaponlike spells from C.Ar.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 02:35:43 PM »
^Regarding that, check my post in the Tiers system thread. I contend that you can use spells to augment your soulmelds all you want, and you can even apply weapon focus feats to them as per weaponlike spells from C.Ar.

I feel the same way about things like Legacy Items and Kensai. You can turn a soulmeld into a Legacy Item or Kesai's Signature Weapon at no additional cost. Every time you shape the soulmeld chosen, you get the same exact one.

It can actually be justified via background, unlike most normal Legacy Items.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 07:28:31 PM »

I feel the same way about things like Legacy Items and Kensai. You can turn a soulmeld into a Legacy Item or Kesai's Signature Weapon at no additional cost. Every time you shape the soulmeld chosen, you get the same exact one.

Or if the DM balks at that, make your incarnum focus yoru legacy weapon.  People already do it with the far less justifiable Heward's handy haversack.

How good is entagling ex at higher levels?

Anyoen want to suggest what the best metabreath feats are?

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 12:58:00 AM »

Mmmm.. Legacy Soulmelds... I can only imagine certain possibilities with that.  :D

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 10:53:19 AM »
Metalline Claws(or is this one shot down, by "Soulmelds are made of Incarnum, not metal")?
On that Account:
Does Metalline work with the Cold Iron Claws you get from binding Ipos?
Needs 12 effective Levels of Binder, no room for full Kensai, unless you blow a Feat on Imp. Binding.

How about using Eurynome's Maul as your Kensai/ Legacy Weapon?
If possible:
If you could manage Kensai 10 + binder level 19th, would this get you an +3 anarchic adamantine warhammer with the +10 worth of enchantments from Kensai on top of it?
Realistically, I think it stops at BL 15th + Kensai 5(6 with Favored Vestige)

Ankheg Breastplate + some Armor Enchantments?
What else would make a good fit for Legacy Item?

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 04:33:53 PM »
Metalline Claws(or is this one shot down, by "Soulmelds are made of Incarnum, not metal")?
On that Account:
Does Metalline work with the Cold Iron Claws you get from binding Ipos?
Needs 12 effective Levels of Binder, no room for full Kensai, unless you blow a Feat on Imp. Binding.

How about using Eurynome's Maul as your Kensai/ Legacy Weapon?
If possible:
If you could manage Kensai 10 + binder level 19th, would this get you an +3 anarchic adamantine warhammer with the +10 worth of enchantments from Kensai on top of it?
Realistically, I think it stops at BL 15th + Kensai 5(6 with Favored Vestige)

Ankheg Breastplate + some Armor Enchantments?
What else would make a good fit for Legacy Item?

MANTICORE BELT.  so you can get an enhancement bonus on the blasted thing.  Same goes for Winter Mask.