Author Topic: How 'Bout That PHB2 , eh ?!  (Read 2908 times)

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
How 'Bout That PHB2 , eh ?!
« on: April 10, 2009, 05:39:51 PM »
How 'bout that PHB2 , eh !!

I can't wait for Arcane Power to come out, and get all tingle-ly for it, too.

:eh

Banor

• Curious George
Re: How 'Bout That PHB2 , eh ?!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 10:14:50 PM »
PHB2 was awesome, best thing is that it brought a whole lotta options. Goliath were always one of my favorite races and I look foward to play one. Shamans and Bards does look very nice and Sorcerer almost make me want to go pew pew blaster. Avenger is great but it really need some new powers to be more interesting.

Arcane Power gonna be probably a pretty nice book for what I've seen with excerpts but I'm not too fond of Arcane characters so my expectation are really on the Divine Power (where my personal favorite Cleric and Paladin will finally get some love).

I can't wait to see the released version of Hyrbrid Classes (PH3), now THAT's options ! This is exactly what was missing for 4e and I'm glad they made it quite balanced (still in playtest but on the good track)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 04:27:19 PM by Banor »

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 09:23:41 AM »
I'm in love with the Warden, especially Earthstrength. They also seem to have a lot of NAD-targetting powers as melee characters go.
I find Goliaths to be rather boring now, actually. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I fully disagree with WotC'S phobia of giving PCs Oversized, and am of the opinion that if any race is to get it, it should be Goliaths. It was prety much their whole schtick as a race in 3.5.

I'm also looking forward to AP... Hopefully, my pet Staffizard build will finally have better things to do with his feats than burn them on plusses to defenses.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 03:08:54 AM »
It seems to have made possible the first Arbitrary # of Attacks build.
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 05:45:12 AM »
Didn't tsuyo already post an infinite attacks chain (core, even) around here?
EDIT: Here. Apparently not his idea, though.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 05:47:42 AM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 02:05:10 PM »
If I'm reading that right, though, you have to keep hitting for it to continue. The Quicksilver one I posted is absolutely arbitrary; each attack is independent of the one before it.
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 04:02:40 AM »
Bard: Their Virtue of Cunning ability is absolutely incredible. If the party is a bunch of Kobolds or Goblins, then a Bard makes for the single best addition you can make. Their powers aren't too shabby either.

Barbarian: Holy Zen! Look at this class! It's a tank that works! It's a shame they toned down the Rage Strike class feature from what it originally was (it used to be an At Will class feature, easily broken).

Druid: Am I reading the Primal Guardian right? Does this mean they get Con to AC in Medium armor?

Feats: Martial Training is amazing for Heavy Blades and Rangers (Dex to attack with Scimitars! Dex to damage, yet again!). Weapon Expertise is goddamn useful, combining it with Implement Expertise is a must for Pallylocks or Swordmages.

Rituals: Never gave a ten-shit about rituals.

Magic Items: Haven't read that far yet.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 01:36:20 PM »
Druid: Am I reading the Primal Guardian right? Does this mean they get Con to AC in Medium armor?
There is no Medium armor anymore, only light (Cloth, Leather, Hide) and heavy (Chain, Scale, Plate).

Feats: Martial Training is amazing for Heavy Blades and Rangers (Dex to attack with Scimitars! Dex to damage, yet again!). Weapon Expertise is goddamn useful, combining it with Implement Expertise is a must for Pallylocks or Swordmages.
Weapon Expertise and Implement Expertise (or two WEs for weapons with multiple types, like a khopesh) won't stack as per the errata, AFAIK.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 01:54:40 PM »
There is no Medium armor anymore, only light (Cloth, Leather, Hide) and heavy (Chain, Scale, Plate).

This proves how little I play 4E. I forgot that.

Weapon Expertise and Implement Expertise (or two WEs for weapons with multiple types, like a khopesh) won't stack as per the errata, AFAIK.

They are goddamn quick this time!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 08:22:59 PM »
Y'know ...
1e through 3.5e is closer together, than 4e.
I thought I was having detail troubles, due to Old Guy + New Tricks problems,
but Sinfire has gone and made me feel better ...  :fu
I was enjoying being in the dumps about 4e.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 03:30:42 AM »
Come to think of it, is the -2 to attack anyone but the marker an inherent property of marks, or is it part of the class feature the defender uses to mark?
So if I mark someone with Student of the Sword or the Warden's Nature's Fury, will they take the -2 or not?

Dan2

• Honorary Moderator
  • Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 04:38:43 AM »
It is an inherent property of marks
(I believe it is the only inherent property to marks)

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 08:26:13 AM »
Indeed. Marked is a condition defined in the PHB alongside the others (dazed, etc...).
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 10:06:27 AM »
Indeed. Marked is a condition defined in the PHB alongside the others (dazed, etc...).
Okay. I was just checking since the respective class features of Fighter, Paladin, and Swordmage all said "marked enemies get -2 to hit on attacks that don't include you yadda yada", but the Warden's didn't.