Author Topic: Star Wars Saga - Paradox  (Read 5105 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: Star Wars Saga - Paradox
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 05:24:19 AM »
:lmao
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 12:01:54 AM »
BTW, tonight and most of tomorrow there is a marathon on TBS (HD) for all 6 movies.

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 10:31:10 PM »
Is there still room in this?

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 03:59:55 PM »
I'm always accepting
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 10:14:47 PM »
Always wanted to try Saga Edition rules...room for me?

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2009, 07:46:44 AM »
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 04:25:41 PM »
hey emisary, are you accepting? :lol

I am still into this; is the game anywhere near ready?

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 08:46:34 PM »
Just waiting on players.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Exileman

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 02:13:50 AM »
I'd Love to give the saga edition rules a good old kick in the tires.  I'm thinking a legacy era character.  Started off as a super battle droid in the clone wars that lived long enough to get "Misplaced" by his owners and develop sentience.  Has modified himself for personal improvements and now does "Organic Cleansing" missions.

dither

• Hong Kong
  • Breaking the ninth wall
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 12:51:26 PM »
Trandoshan soldier for me. Two-Weapon Fighting + Force pike. Oh, and his name's Drowski. He speaks with a pseudo-Russian accent. You'll like him. He hunts wookies for their pelts ... I mean, to pet them.

Assuming there's still the room for another character.  :D
"Stuck between a rogue and a bard place."

vanity
Read my webcomic!
Dither's Amazing Changing Avatars

[spoiler]
Quote from: Shadowhunter
Quote from: Flay Crimsonwind
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Dither's power level?"
It's over nine thousand!

Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Anklebite
Quote from: dither
Well blow me down! :P
A SECTION OF THE CAVERN HAS COLLAPSED!
dither, Miner, has died after colliding with an obstacle!
[/spoiler]

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
  • Nar dralshy'a - "Try_harder" (mando'a)
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 01:30:24 PM »
I'm in, a Republic commando gone merc- possibly  I'll get more details, when is the estimated time of starting?

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Alt   in SWSE PBP Across the Stars
Str 14(+2) Dex 17(+3) Con 14(+2) Int 14(+2) Wis 14(+2) Cha 9(-1)
Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »
is the estimated time of starting?

^This^

I'm interested, but also rather busy ATM :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 12:01:02 AM »
HOLY CRAP!!! When did this kick back up again? I'd almost lost hope. As I have stated many times, I am always accepting and I will start when everyone has submitted characters or at least is committed and has a solid character idea/build. I should warn you, I have only seen the movies and I still only have a rough grasp on the universe, so don't expect me to follow cannon or continuity faithfully.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

dither

• Hong Kong
  • Breaking the ninth wall
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 01:08:12 AM »
DROWSKI THE HUNTER
"I haff been hunting the wookie for a long, long time. I always catch my prey when I go looking. Sometimes in mittle pieces. Sometimes mittle pieces easier to catch!"

Male trandoshan soldier 5
abilities STR 19, DEX 16, CON 14, INT 13, WIS 14, CHA 9
(rolled: 14, 17, 14, 13, 14, 9; +1 STR/DEX @ 4th; STR +2 equipment bonus from armor)
hit points 68; bloodied 34 (30 + [rolled: 4+10+1+8] + 10 CON +5 Toughness)
defenses Reflex 22, Fortitude 19, Will 17
(+7 armor +3 DEX +1 class +1 natural armor; +5 heroic +2 CON +2 class; +5 heroic +2 WIS)
skills Endurance, Initiative, Knowledge (tactics), Perception
feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Melee Defense, Power Attack, Rapid Strike, Toughness (bonus), Weapon Proficiency (simple, advanced melee weapons, pistols, rifles)
talents Armored Defense (Armored Defense), Juggernaut (Armored Defense), Tough As Nails (Commando)
equipment Corellian powersuit (+7 Reflex; Max DEX +3; 10,000 credits; +2 equipment bonus to STR), forcepike (2d8 piercing and energy; 500 credits)
(more equipment to add later)

MELEE DEFENSE (2nd-level Soldier bonus feat)
Nonaction (during Standard-action melee attack); take a penalty (-1 to -5) to your attack to get a bonus (+1 to +5) as a dodge bonus to your Reflex defense.

POWER ATTACK (3rd-level feat)
Nonaction; take a penalty to your attack rolls (up to your BAB) to get a bonus to your melee damage equal to the penalty you take (-5 penalty = +5 bonus); double this bonus for weapons wielded in two hands. This damage can't be added against objects or vehicles.

RAPID STRIKE (4th-level Soldier bonus feat)
Nonaction; take a -2 penalty to attack to deal +1 die of damage with a successful melee attack.

Armored Defense (3rd-level; Armored Defense Talent)
Add your armor bonus or your heroic level to Reflex defense, whichever is higher.

Juggernaut (5th-level; Armored Defense Talent)
Worn armor you're proficient with doesn't decrease your movement speed.

Tough As Nails (1st-level; Commando Talent)
You can catch a Second Wind (one-quarter hp or Constitution, whichever is higher) one extra time per day (but no more than once per encounter).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:14:47 AM by dither »
"Stuck between a rogue and a bard place."

vanity
Read my webcomic!
Dither's Amazing Changing Avatars

[spoiler]
Quote from: Shadowhunter
Quote from: Flay Crimsonwind
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Dither's power level?"
It's over nine thousand!

Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Anklebite
Quote from: dither
Well blow me down! :P
A SECTION OF THE CAVERN HAS COLLAPSED!
dither, Miner, has died after colliding with an obstacle!
[/spoiler]

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 10:34:44 AM »
are these allowed http://www.fandomcomics.com/sourcebooks/ ? seeing how I am going to be an Ex-Republic Commando, there are some stats here that I would like to be able to utilize. If no that's okay.

okay this is what i have so far... i still haven't decided on what to do with my remaining creds yet.  i'll probably buy a swoop and a ship, and bank the rest.

RC-1224 (aka Alt) CL 5
Medium Republic Clone Male Human (TCW P91) solider 5
Destiny 5; Force 7; Darkside 2
Init +5; Senses low-light vision; Perception +11
Languages
Defenses Ref  20(flat-footed 17), Fort 21, Will  17
hp 80; Threshold 21
Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +7 (1d4+4)
Melee vibrodagger +2 (2d4+4)
Ranged [DC-15s] blaster pistol +8 (3d6+2) or
Ranged [DC-15s] blaster pistol + 8 (3d6+3) with Point Blank Shot
Ranged [DC-17m] blaster rifle +9 (3d8+2)
Ranged [DC-17m] blaster rifle +9 (3d8+3) with Point Blank Shot
Base Atk +5; Grp +8
Atk Options Autofire, Point Blank Shot,
Special Actions Coordinated Attack, Fatal Hit
Abilities Str 14(+2), *Dex 17(+3), Con 14(+2), Int 14(+2), Wis 14(+2), *Cha 9(-1)
TalentsFeats Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Coordinated Attack, Fatal Hit, Point Blank Shot, Skill Training (Stealth), Weapon Focus (rifles), Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Endurance +9, HMechanics +9, Perception +11, Pilot +10, Stealth +20, Survival +9, Treat Injury +9
Possessions [Mark III Katarn-class] clone trooper armor (+6 armor, +2 equipment, with helmet package, reflec Shadowskin (+10 to stealth) upgrade), utility belt, Bandolier, holster (concealed), DC-15s blaster pistol (unlimited ammo), DC-17m interchangeable blaster rifle, datapad, lectroticker, stealth field generator, mesh tape, security kit, syntherope, 6 powerpacks, knife, all-temp cloak, 2 frag grenades, 2 ion grenades, 2 stun grenades, vibrodagger built into left gauntlet of armorcredit chip

BackgroundDetails
*At 4th level took Dex, Cha for Ability Increases.
H
Phyical Appearance For the last few months Alt has let his dark hair grow out, nolonger the standard military crew-cut.  He developed alittle scruff over the last week as well.  His all-temperature dark brown cloak looks more like a gunman's duster, as it blankets his armored figure.  Underneath is found the black matte clone trooper armor that is well worn, but outstandingly maintained and fine tuned.  His helmet is slightly different then the usual clone commando unit.  His T-visor LEDs emit an ominous reddish hue rather then the standard blue.  His bandolier is strapped on over his left shoulder to his right hip.  Underneath the cloak and concealed to his right thigh is the thigh holster carrying his DC-15s side arm blaster.  In his hands is his mighty "Deece" (Dc-17m interchangable blaster rifle).

*someone may want to double check my stats, especially my defenses, i hope i did it right.

example of RC on wizards http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/CotFPreview2

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:25:36 PM by stevemfred »

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 06:12:22 PM »
Sorry, but no
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 06:18:18 PM »
@ Stevemfred: There are some official books that have options for Old Republic era characters, such as the SAGA Clone Wars source book.

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 06:29:37 PM »
i based everything off the official books, i was just curious about some minor details, but my character i put up should be right based off the books

[spoiler]