Author Topic: OOC & Houserules  (Read 11686 times)

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
Re: OOC & Houserules
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2009, 10:43:49 PM »
Done with my character, finally.
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2009, 04:48:49 PM »
I haven't posted in a while because I figured Hiekl wasn't on watch and it seemed like seemed like something might be happening during the night. Is there? Or should we move on to the next morning?

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2009, 10:07:21 PM »
I'm content to end things here, this campaign has gone past its sell by date. It was something to try, and now I have. It died of its own accord in any case, thanks for taking part.

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2009, 10:46:12 PM »
yup.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2009, 12:22:47 AM »
Damn
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2009, 03:37:35 AM »
Well, that's a shame. We had an interesting group of characters, and I look forward to playing with any or all you at some point in the future. But I also understand. Takanaki, it was clear from your OOC comments that you weren't having fun with the game. Running is a lot of work, so if you weren't getting your payout then I can hardly blame you for quitting. I'm guessing that the dynamic was that you were looking for the PC's to take more of an active role? If so, next time I would suggest encouraging the players to flesh out aspects of the world that they're interested in interacting with. That makes things easier for you and ideally creates a positive feedback loop in terms of player involvement.

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2009, 12:36:45 PM »
I'm not entirely sure what was expected of us...  but I have no regrets.  It definitely wasn't as flowery as Myth Weavers PBP, but I find that style a little annoying.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2009, 04:40:41 PM »
I just wanted to try things out, see how it might go. It was intended to be a testbed for my real life campaign which runs twice weekly, but in the end i've just ended up winging things like usual. I'm comfortable enough with the system to do that, but my style of DMing doesn't really translate too well to a forum. I'm too impatient, like to use visual aids, random chat, fast flowing things.... i'm not disappointed.

It was fun to try, in the future i'll stick to DMing offline/skype/irc though.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »
Well, shit, man. You got farther than I ever have. I much prefer to DM off the cuff rather than just have an asston of downtime and prep time.