Author Topic: Naberius: sacking your stats for fun and profit  (Read 38346 times)

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
Re: Naberius: sacking your stats for fun and profit
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2011, 11:59:29 PM »
While strong, I don't think Tainted Sorcerer or Tainted Scholar are as strong as people think at first glance. This is because you can't use their metamagic abilities to enhance a spell beyond the level you are capable of casting.

I'm not saying they aren't strong, they are, but when you can do things like the Incantatrix or Anima Mage, it's not that big of a deal. An Anima Mage effectively has infinite uses of his Vestige Metamagic by level 10 when Persistent Unfettered Heroism comes on board.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2011, 12:36:15 AM »
Wow... I've never really looked at that book... Those rituals are nuts... They just cost you some XP and a bit of gold for permanent, at-will magic abilities? WTF were they thinking?
You didn't see them in 'fun finds'?

Shadowwalking makes a pretty good shadowpouncer.  Obviously.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2011, 12:51:01 AM »
Without the "this ability does not work if you are immune to ability damage" clause, it's incredible as an undead.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Bill Bisco: Eloquent Elf

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2011, 01:37:19 AM »
Ritual of the Dark Flames: Another way other classes say "Screw you Warlock"  Ritual of the Dark Flames is yet another reason to be undead, yay!

Phoenix00

« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2011, 01:50:33 AM »
Ritual of the Dark Flames: Another way other classes say "Screw you Warlock"  Ritual of the Dark Flames is yet another reason to be undead, yay!
10ft range sucks and is not a replacement for a warlock.

It is a replacement for a 1 level dip into dread necro since the damage is negative energy that heals undead.  Do not 1 level dip into dread necro, instead 1 level dip into binder.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2011, 10:01:51 AM »
If you want to be fully literal, the "ritual of honest pain" only disallows spells from reversing your con loss.  Not Naberius.

Since the price is only two points of con (and nothing else), every necropolitan should have picked this up before undeadening.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Tr011

• preparing arcane spellcaster
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2011, 03:37:21 PM »
Some items would be nice. Like Profane (MiC)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2011, 01:03:00 AM »
Shadowwalking makes a pretty good shadowpouncer.  Obviously.
Except it doesn't work RAW even though the fluff is 100% spot on. Assuming a 1 shadowpounce / turn limit, I'd allow it.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r