Author Topic: Zounds and Confusion - Game Thread  (Read 21951 times)

Krim Xephon

• Noob
    • Email
Re: Zounds and Confusion - Game Thread
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2009, 09:44:20 PM »
Krim seemed to be asleep... Standing up. It took him a few moments but he snapped out of it, jerking his head around quickly to take in his surroundings. "Hm? What? Adventure? Sure."

The_Assman

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2009, 10:47:58 PM »
That is everyone here, where do we begin Gnome? Who are our contacts?

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2009, 11:14:45 PM »
"Where you begin your investigation is up to you. As I mentioned before, I find the possibility of Riedra's involvement highly likely, but that does not rule out the possibility of a petty thief. Your initial contact, however, will be waiting for you at the Cannith bazaar being held later today in the Magewrights' District." The Zilargo gnome smirks. "I doubt he will have trouble picking you out of the crowd, but I will give him your descriptions nonetheless. You understand why I can't give you his description...Discretion is highly important in these matters, especially if you're caught stealing the item back. Wouldn't want to imprecate Zilargo, would we? Remember, the Cannith bazaar, Magewrights' District." The gnome indicates farewell and ambles off, humming quietly.

The_Assman

« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2009, 12:52:30 AM »
Christian pulls a map of the city of Sharn, looks it over, and begins to head in the direction that he percieves the Magewrights' district is, using local landmarks and where the flying ship was supposed to be enroute to.

Anderan

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2009, 10:13:24 PM »
Sage straightens his plate armor and then begins to follow Christian. Well then, my new friends, lets be off!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 05:23:35 PM by Anderan »

José

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2009, 11:28:39 PM »
Lucilius follows Christian with uncertainty, clearly lost in the slums of the lower city, muttering about a lack of elevators and everburning lamps.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2009, 11:39:09 PM »
The group follows in the wake left by Christian as he heads towards the Magewrights' District. As the group heads higher, the city becomes increasingly cleaner, populated, and modernized. Stairways give way to magical lifts, streetlamps are replaced by their magical counterparts, and the stonework looks almost polished. Lucilius gradually grows more relaxed in the affluent surroundings, and Krim seems to become more alert as the sound of hissing steam in the distance grows louder. A large crowd is gathered in the square, and impeccably dressed merchants are quietly demonstrating the finer points of their products to onlookers. Flashes of light occasionally burst forth from various stalls, and rather than the loud haggling that usually accompanies a bazaar, the crowd speaks in low, measured voices. It's almost unnerving to see such a well-behaved crowd. The large, brass-covered buildings of the craftsmen are visible in the background, glinting in a manner designed to catch the eye of customers.

[spoiler]If you want to buy something for some reason and forgot to before, ask a merchant about it. You might find a bargain.[/spoiler]

The_Assman

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2009, 05:28:01 PM »
Tell me if you see any red coloured Ioun stones. Red or rosy. Or those gloves that tricksters use to make their fingers fast. But with three fingers of course.

Anderan

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2009, 06:31:44 PM »
It appears that the shop over there is selling some Ioun stones. Sage motions to a small shop across the street Perhaps they will have what you are looking for?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 05:25:16 PM by Anderan »

José

« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2009, 02:02:13 AM »
Lucilius wanders amongst the merchandise, grabbing a sword here and there, testing its heft, its feel.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2009, 05:47:06 PM »
Seeing Christian's inquisitive eye, a hawk-nosed merchant beckons him over. "Ah, you're looking for these, I trust?" He opens a velvet box to reveal several gemstones of various colors and shapes. He takes one and releases it from his grasp, and it orbits slowly around his head. "Perfect quality. Not a flaw among the batch, as you can tell. These are ground to exacting standards from Riedran crystal, then polished with no fewer than seventeen grades of refining. Is there one in particular I can interest you in? You look quite strong, but I assure you, speed is never something to neglect. This particular crystal--the red sphere there--can help in that area. You can pay, I trust?"

While Lucilius is moving among the weaponsmiths, he happens upon a tent whose inside is filled with rack upon rack of every kind of blade imaginable. The smith notices Lucilius and his noble mannerisms and immediately heads over to the rack of bastard swords. "Wait right there, my lord, and I'll have the perfect blade for you." Sizing Lucilius up, he plucks blade after blade from the rack, hefts them, then replaces them regretfully. He eventually settles on a blade with several gems set into the hilt. "There we are. This little beauty can change itself into whatever sort of material you need. Cut through anything, like the hide of a demon--or a quori. Just smack it around once or twice, then it'll attune itself to that particular creature and you can slash away. Can I interest you, Mister...?

The_Assman

« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2009, 04:12:02 AM »
I am looking to be faster. Christian continues on with a rather long, tedious diatribe on the benefits of speed in combat... But I am low on coin, could you perhaps exchange the stone on credit for a good dooer?

If it wasn't obvious before, Christian never learned the value of a gold piece.

José

« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2009, 03:56:14 PM »
Lucilius tests the blade, then draws his own and compares the two. "Very nice quality, my good sir. Exquisite, almost. It has been a long time since I have seen a blade of such quality on display in a public marketplace. My blade, however, was custom manufactured to fit my needs, and has some...special features...of its own. I think I'll have to pass."

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2009, 08:11:01 PM »
"Credit? I don't know about that, there doesn't appear to be a Sivis gnome nearby, but...hmm. Perhaps you could indeed do something for me. This contract I have here is magical in nature and will enforce the instructions written on it. If you were to agree to perform one service, to be specified by me at a later date and completed in a reasonable timeframe, I would give you the stone right now." As the merchant speaks, the piece of vellum fills itself in with line after line of ornate black writing, before finishing with a flourish. "If you are remiss in paying your debts, however, I'd walk away. This contract will exact the penalty on you, and then I'll be free to extract my payment another way."

Lucilius hands the blade back to the merchant, who takes it, bowing, then wipes the sword down with a clean cloth and replaces it on the rack. "If there's nothing else, I must return to my work."

The_Assman

« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2009, 06:02:18 PM »
As long as this contract is reasonable and does not violate my code as a Kensai or betray my mission as a Crusader of Dol Arrah I will agree.
Christian takes and reads the magical contract, looking for specific details of the penalty and what can be asked.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2009, 06:08:23 PM »
The contract's penalty strikes the party that reneges on their end of the deal deaf, blind, and mute. Possible services include any nonhazardous task that lasts no longer than 10 days or a hazardous task lasting no longer than 3.

Anderan

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2009, 05:33:09 PM »
Sage wonders through the farmers market, interested in the local produce he wonders from booth to booth.

The_Assman

« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2009, 12:00:38 AM »
I agree, we have a deal.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2009, 12:12:57 AM »
As Christian and the merchant complete the binding details of the contract, the ink appears once again, inscribing the names of the merchant and the customer in the space at the bottom. With a complete lack of flourish, the contract sits there, and the merchant hands the box containing the ioun stone to Christian. "Don't worry about contacting me, I can reach you now that I have your signature. Thank you for your business, sir, and I only wish to add that if you die, you need not worry about the contract."

The_Assman

« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2009, 06:13:44 PM »
Christian thinks to himself, "I wonder who that agent is we are supposed to meet with is..." :pout