Author Topic: Negima / Enlightened Fist / Kung Fu Mage  (Read 7876 times)

Silent Wayfarer

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Negima / Enlightened Fist / Kung Fu Mage
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 03:12:51 PM »
ST: I think veekie was talking about Jack Rakan's Hero Of A Thousand Faces artifact. And I think it can call up just about any weapon Jack wants (notice he conjures a halberd and a hammer during the arena fight).

Negi's new pactio card, I have no idea how to duplicate beyond taking individual effects and reflavoring them (Ensis Exorcisans is probably some kind of counterspell / abjuration / etc, Haruna's artifact could be a beefed up Nolzur's Pigments).

And I did think of some kind of Warblade for Rakan's build (he's basically a pretty intelligent guy who acts like an idiot) though the magic blasts like Rakan Impact, I have no idea how to duplicate with a straight Warblade 20.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 03:23:14 PM »
ST: I think veekie was talking about Jack Rakan's Hero Of A Thousand Faces artifact. And I think it can call up just about any weapon Jack wants (notice he conjures a halberd and a hammer during the arena fight).

Ah, I misread him then.

Negi's new pactio card, I have no idea how to duplicate beyond taking individual effects and reflavoring them (Ensis Exorcisans is probably some kind of counterspell / abjuration / etc, Haruna's artifact could be a beefed up Nolzur's Pigments).

And I did think of some kind of Warblade for Rakan's build (he's basically a pretty intelligent guy who acts like an idiot) though the magic blasts like Rakan Impact, I have no idea how to duplicate with a straight Warblade 20.

For that, we need explosives. Lots of em.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Silent Wayfarer

• Email
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 03:36:10 PM »
Although, what amused me the most about that fight was ETERNAL NEGI FEVER, though that's probably some sort of godlike Eldritch Spear attack.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 06:36:47 PM »

Ah, I misread him then.
Ayep
Negi's pactio card, I've got a trick solution to it I guess.
Hes a sorceror right? So...wouldn't a Morphing magic staff containing all those spells simulate it? Since only Ensiens Excorsiens is an actually wielded weapon(Greater Dispelling?), the rest are all just spell effects. Imperium Graphicus is a modified Astral Construct(which you could probably convert to a spell anyway), Setsuna's daggers are essentially Cloud of Daggers/Bands of Steel, Konoka's fans are just Heals, etc, etc, etc.

For that, we need explosives. Lots of em.
Naw, simple, Lightning Throw. He just used Unarmed Strike for it.
Bloodstorm Blade dip may have been involved somewhere.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 08:24:59 AM »
monk1/wizard4/enlightenedfist10/abjurantchampion5 gets you 17 CL for 9th level spells, 14 BAB, and 11th level monk abilities

Alternatively you could go bard1/paladin17/monk2 with the able learner, devoted performer, initate of milil, asceitc knight, battle blessing, power attack, and divine might feats so you sing about how you're kicking the guys ass as you're doing it. I'd recommend the overwheling attack monk variant from UA/SRD for the power attack and improved bullrush feats to set you up for divine might and shock trooper.

Silent Wayfarer

• Email
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 01:41:12 PM »
monk1/wizard4/enlightenedfist10/abjurantchampion5 gets you 17 CL for 9th level spells, 14 BAB, and 11th level monk abilities

Illegal build: EF needs 3rd level spells to enter.

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 02:35:37 PM »

Illegal build: EF needs 3rd level spells to enter.

I'm pretty sure it was just a CL of 3, not 3rd level spells

Silent Wayfarer

• Email
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 02:55:43 PM »
I reread the class: it IS Arcane Caster Level 3rd. This pleases me. Thanks for the correction. :D

Question: how important is Hold Ray? Was thinking of making a CHA-based version, especially since Charisma-type ability boosts are fairly common and easy to get.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 02:59:02 PM by Silent Wayfarer »

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009, 06:07:03 PM »
I reread the class: it IS Arcane Caster Level 3rd. This pleases me. Thanks for the correction. :D

Question: how important is Hold Ray? Was thinking of making a CHA-based version, especially since Charisma-type ability boosts are fairly common and easy to get.

Pretty important if you have some rays in your spells known: ray of stuidity, enervation, antimagic ray.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009, 10:46:19 PM »
Plus, if you somehow got Spellwarp Sniper in, you can use it to punch people with a pretty large variety of spells. For your sanity's sake though, enter that with Spellthief and use Master Spellthief to keep the CL decent.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Silent Wayfarer

• Email
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2009, 11:32:29 PM »
Hmm. Spellwarp Sniper + Enlightened Fist opens up a bunch of interesting possibilities. But Spellwarp Sniper itself looks to be somewhat lackluster... plus, there's the whole matter of needing even more feats to get into it.

A thought which occurs to me is that running Duskblade 20 as a gestalt with ninjarabbit's build would fix just about every problem with that build, namely low AC, relatively low HD, low Fort save and it would also bring a lot of spell slots to the table for use with Versatile Spellcaster, Rings of Wizardry, Arcane Rejuvenation and Arcane Strike.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2009, 11:41:05 PM »
Hmm. Spellwarp Sniper + Enlightened Fist opens up a bunch of interesting possibilities. But Spellwarp Sniper itself looks to be somewhat lackluster... plus, there's the whole matter of needing even more feats to get into it.
Just a dip perhaps? Since you aren't interested in Laser Sneak Attack, simply getting the ability to turn an AoE into a ray and the ray into a touch and then a punch with the touch, could be good. Stacked on top of Greater Mighty Whallop, Superior Unarmed Strike, Haste, Lion's Charge and Arcane Strike, it's got a kick like mule, even if the BAB is low. Maybe slap some Martial Trainings on for a limited use bigger impact.

Of course, if gestalt was in play, the whole build would have been fairly trivial. Heh.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 11:44:00 PM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 10:23:48 PM »
So, how do these new finishing moves come into play?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]