Author Topic: Faer Xun'gul  (Read 2900 times)

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Faer Xun'gul
« on: April 01, 2009, 06:58:47 AM »
She strode across the floor, swiftly and with grace but still pacing restlessly, no matter how her form could make such a habit of impatience look beautiful. It was excusable anyway; she had a short amount of time to insert her player and try and make the operation move smoothly. It wasn't just about keeping her underlings beneath her and pacified to prevent a backstabbing (socially or literally), like she'd done to achieve her position, or about trying to repeat the action against one of her higher-ups. This had a very real feeling of terror, or urgency and seizing the moment. And though she would so very much hate to lose her favorite pet in doing so, honestly speaking a Dread Fang, and one of his... nature, was really required to ensure success and safety. The predictions of a potentially dangerous agent, be it a city, tribe, monster, or an individual, were enough to set an already horribly teetering priestess stiff on the tip of that knife she was balancing on. She was great at predicting her troubles, playing her cards, calculating the perfect move from perfect variables of trouble. Any trouble she could not predict was an issue, and could have just enough of a rumble to tip that balancing-knife, and thus send her flailing straight down onto the sharp, lethal tip. She needed this trouble to be known to her. And if not known, she needed it to be ended. No politician or brute warrior, nor blank and unfeeling assassin, could be used for this task, though she had a small personal army of such folk at her disposal.

No, she needed to send this one, and her dark skin breathed easy as his jet-black form drew silently to the center of the room, the chain wrapped around his waist barely making noise. He moved like a swift smokescreen, and was even darker; a Drow of noble blood, but without noble connections, his heritage of darkness showed in the total blackness of his skin and in his matching hair and the schlera of his eyes. The red irises contrasted beautifully, leading into the yellow dots of his pupils, reflecting light perfectly enough to make his vision better in darkness and less weak in light than even most highborn drow. In the shadows, it was likely that the last, mysterious thing you would see of him would never be his form, or his armor (as black as his skin, if it was even possible to attain such a hue), or his serpentine chain wrapping round your ankle, then your throat. It would be the tiniest dot of the center of his eyes, and then all would go truly dark. This noir-tainted drow finally knelt at his priestess' feat, smiling with naturally yellow fangs of teeth, just as the priestess completed her rotation towards him. "Ah, finally. I have a task for you, Faer Xun'gul... do not disappoint me..." His only reaction was to close his lowered gaze, and smile, innocently and yet as sinister as his name...
Quote from: wezylithyx
Add Perform (weapon drill) to the fighter and swashbuckler lists of class skills

You totally just fixed these two classes. I had no idea it would be so simple.

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Faer Xun'gul
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 07:38:22 PM »
"You've been chosen for an elite mission one that I will not see go awry for me."As she speaks, your matron reaches and lifts your lowered head 'til you look her in the eyes, and she strokes your chin.

"You will be departing the city to another, along with those others that have been selected. You will play my hand in this... see to it that anything that might be a threat is eliminated. Discreetly, of course... Do what you are told, however, Faer, you know that whatever happens, you serve my will above all. Don't hesitate to take advantage of anything that will bring greater to yourself, or to me."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 07:19:17 AM by wezylithyx »
Add Perform (weapon drill) to the fighter and swashbuckler lists of class skills

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 09:57:23 PM »
Smiling, then bowing his head before standing and locking eyes with his mistress, he gently replies "Your will is expressed through me, as always mistress. I will depart immediately. Though, if I may ask, what is the threat in this city, or is this another of the mistresses gifts?" He was referring to her visions, which had so far gotten her to this high point in her House, and helped raise the status of the House to a level beyond many others in the city. They were not the greatest, but the House was still working. "And where exactly shall I be leaving from, and with what other Houses? I will pack lightly, with only the necessary equipment. I will not remain here more than twenty minutes, once you are done with me." Some might have found it amusing that this tall, broad chested and completely onyx-black drow was speaking so defensively, and yet so casually, to a drow much smaller than himself with gray skin and a frail figure. Bur he knew, as did many other Houses, that she was as much, if not more, to be feared than he was.

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 07:18:45 AM »
Your mistress smiles in return. "Your alacrity is one of many qualities I enjoy, Faer. However, you will not be departing quite yet. You will have a ceremony with many of the city's most powerful drow, and Matron Xarann will formally bestow this mission upon you and your future companions.

"To prepare you for your journey, I am preparing a ceremony to bring Lloth's blessings upon you, increasing your dark power.
"

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 09:13:53 PM »
Emphasized by the yellow-stained fangs - though his teeth more resembled rows of shark's teeth than sets of fangs, really - a smile burst over the face of Faer. It was a pleased look, but more one of utter awe-inspired accomplishment. "My mistress is so pleased with me, she would even ask the Lady of Webs to bless my being? My mistress, I am so very grateful for your kindness towards your loving servant. Tell me, what must I do? Bring a sacrifice? Shed my own blood? Conflagrate myself? Anything you ask, mistress, I shall provide for, I will deliver!" It indeed seemed a form of honest excitement, though he had such a terrible lack of an actual excited outburst that to an outsider he might have seemed as a puppet reciting lines. He approached swiftly and bowed deeply to his mistress, nearly to place himself at her knees (which considering his great size in comparison to her small, lithe form, was a feat); having done so, he rose and made a turning motion as if to follow her, physically or by order.

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 12:55:37 PM »
Your mistress reaches down and again strokes your face and hair. Oh Faer, you truly are my favorite servant. Your loyalty run in your dark blood, doesn't it? A pity I must send you off; a necessity in this circumstance, however. Now, go enjoy your last days in the city, in our home. The ritual will be ready in a half day; return to me then.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 08:47:43 PM »
"...As you wish, Mistress..." And with that, he had disappeared, swiftly sweeping down the corridor like a thin veil of smoke.

His time was half to be spent preparing, half to be spent killing time and keeping ones self in shape. The first half of the time, he took a meal in his quarters, warming his muscles, calling in one of the slaves to use as a masseur while he checked the condition of every joint and muscle. Though he wasn't one usually to make use of the slaves his mistress controlled, he had decided to utilize one to speed the time it would take to warm and examine his body. For the utility it provided, the slave was allowed to live; he dismissed it as soon as his armor was placed on, his cloak whipped around his shoulders, his chain whipped around his waist, and his boots polished black and fastened to his legs.

Without knowing just how much time he would have to spend in the Underdark, or around the many lethal denizens (and knowing blood would have to be shed), he decided to pick up a couple of supplies, stocking himself on sunlight pellets; a nasty trick for the assassin of Drow, and creatures of the dark. Once he was completely ready to depart, his waist-pack fastened to his belt, hidden beneath the flowing cloak he wore so very proudly, he decided to take his time to return to his mistress' chambers. He had no real appreciation for the city; it was nothing more than his prowling field, his marketplace, his training gymnasium. It served no other purpose than to store the bodies of the people he would have to kill, to make fear his mistress, to ensure he would be fed and supplied so as to do the bidding of the Spider Queen. He walked the city to remind himself of how it had been his start, how his life had been training within it's streets, it's dusky, soot-filled air, all so he could accept the mission he was to be charged with. Finally, the mission to lead his House out of the city and expand it into another. He was excited to finally be of some great use for his mistress and his House.

The long walk just barely filled all the time, and so he was finally striding down the hallway of the House again, killing the last few moments in his pathetic form until he would relinquish his flesh into another stage of utility, into a greater stage of being.

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 05:08:15 PM »
You are met by one of your matron's servants. The mistress summons you to the House Temple. he says in a raspy monotone.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 06:17:29 AM »
Nearly giggling with glee, in an ecstasy unbearable and invisible save for his demonic grin, Faer shot off, running (almost flowing) down the hall. Out the door, through the House courtyards, feeling the warm, humid air, not yet chilled in the Underdark's damned and dim light. Finally, he came to the second grandest building in the whole of the House grounds; the mistress' Temple to the Spider Queen. As he approached, there was noone at the door. At first puzzled, then finally confidant, Faer let himself in, pushing the grand doors aside and strolling into the well lit temple main room. "I am here, my Lady..."

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 04:37:20 PM »
As you enter the temple, you immediately notice the lack of faerie flame normally illuminating the entrance chamber. You smell the smoke of  burning ceremonial incenses, and a thick fog trails out of the main room. You can almost feel the latent energy in the air...  and you feel inexplicably drawn to enter the ritual chamber. As a stream of smoke wafts by your head, and you can no longer resist entering.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 06:51:15 PM by wezylithyx »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 06:50:39 PM »
Shivering, feeling like something was so very right and at the same time so very wrong, for the first time in a long while Faer hesitated. Finally, enticed by the magic that surrounded the mystery, he drew back into his animal-like persona, let his hand fall loosely next to the tie of the chain-belt he wore, just in case, and stepped through the door. Barely disturbing the fog, he silently tread along, slowly and softly as the smoke that trailed from the log-like sticks the temple used at it's altar. Breathing deeply he found himself as entranced as ever; the smoke tasted wonderfully as it smelled, and with every step, he increased his speed, resembling the smoke that surrounded him less and less the faster and deeper he went. Finally, he got control of himself, and in the center, knelt down out of habit. "I am here, mistress."

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 08:32:43 PM »
A break in the cloud reveals your mistress facing you with glazed eyes, as if she sensed your presence before you spoke. She is adorned in ceremonial garb, and her hands are held wide. Ah, Faer. You have arrived, she says with a wicked grin. Now the ritual can commence.

She begins to move her hands with divine flourishes and chant sacred incantations. The smog begins to thicken and swirl around you. You feel it lifting you up, and you lose control of your limbs. Your arms drift out slightly and your legs are pulled together. Xun'Neer unwraps about your waist, drifting out to form a perfect circle around your midline, tip to tip. An eerie purple haze begins to illuminate the thick black smoke, and as you watch it begins to coalesce into arcs of violet energy. They seem to get closer and closer to you, until they begin flowing into your chain.

All of a sudden, the arcs of purple shoot into your body! Your nerves scream as you experience excruciating pain. You feel raw power flowing into you, and you feel yourself expanding, and your chain seems to be doing the same. Your matron watches with wide and a gleaming, power-lusting smile. The pain is like being struck by lightning, and eventually you can handle it no more, as all fades to into stygian blackness.

...and you begin to regain conciousness, with no sense of how much time has passed.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 08:54:43 PM by wezylithyx »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 03:54:35 AM »
The first thing he does is reach towards his waist, trying to draw his chain. He feels sluggish at first, as if his frayed nerves are rebelling against waking, and he works to remember the ritual itself. Not much seems known; he did remember the smile on his mistresses lips... no, fangs. He saw fangs. Seemed to see himself in a snarl of pain, screaming like a tortured animal. Also with fangs... well, longer fangs than he actually has. Glowing eyes, his chain... where was the damned chain? He'd been patting his midsection all the time, missing his waist entirely; his nerves were still bad. Flinging himself up from where he rested, his hands now operable swung like striking serpents for his waist, where the chain was held for him. "Mistress? I apologize for my weakness, mistress! Was the ritual a success? Have I pleased you?" He seemed to be too nervous about his passing out, as no noble warrior should do, moreso than when and where he was. He took a look around, then returned his thoughts to actually drawing his chain; his hands had missed again, but quickly he was beginning to get total control back into his stunned, dizzied form.

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 06:09:51 PM »
As you collect your senses, you notice your mistress still standing in the same place of the temple floor, with the same smile on her face. You did excellently, Faer. Come let me look upon you. It is then that you notice her holding your chain out in front of her, spread out with both hands. It seems.... larger, and thicker. And you notice that feel somewhat larger, too... and stronger. You also feel as if your affinity with the shadow has increased. You recieved the following benefits:

+4 Strength, +2 Constitution.
You've gained the Powerful build trait. (Does not stack with jotunbrud, just expands upon it.)
You've also received Martial Stance: Child of Shadows as a feat.

Your matron awaits with your chain.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 04:57:30 AM »
Ah, that. He finally realized he wasn't dizzy at all, just getting used to himself. His body was still sleek, but if he flexed his muscles, he could feel them expand. He tried it out consciously on his arms, and realized at near fullness they had greater than average bulk, for a Drow. At the fullest flex, the muscles then seemed to pull taught and become compacted, still sleek, but unlike any living thing he'd seen. Ah, so this was the power of the ritual; it was a body-enhancing process; no wonder he'd been unconscious and in pain during the matter. Stepping forward, and seeing the shadow bend like smoke from beneath him, almost hiding even from himself, he smiled a smile of much larger, crocodile-like fangs. Getting over the pleasure, and feeling very odd, even emotionally, he stepped across to his mistress, put out his hand and felt his cold chain slip back through his fingers. Still, he could feel it hum and hear it hiss in the air as it swung idly; it was still his beloved creature of murder, faithful to its master as its master was to his mistress. He noticed his cloak; he swept across the floor to retrieve it, unable to believe his clothing and armor still fit his size, and glad it did. Now he was ready, he knew as he slung the cloak around his shoulders. He was not, until that point, but now he was correct in knowing he was.

"Thank you, mistress. This power... you have granted me a most wonderful tool, and I shall use it to horrific effect against your foes. May I inquire, has Xun'Neer received a similar treatment? She seems different, somehow. Larger. Like I am." He stepped back to his mistress, his body seeming to miss the light that reflected off the walls; he liked his new way of moving. As he closed the distance with haste, he fell kneeling at his mistresses feet, face down but smirking a smirk more evil than was usual. Of anything, he had become more beast-like.

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 06:17:20 PM »
Vryae nods. Yes, Faer... See for yourself.

As you handle the chain, you instinctively feel the changes.

It has increased to a large size weapon, now dealing 2d6 base damage.
You can wield the chain as if you had the feat Power Attack.
It has gained the ShadowstrikeMIC weapon enhancement.
2/day as a swift(mental) action you can increase the chains reach by 5 ft. for 1 round.
 (similar to Shadowstrike but without denying your opponents dex)

[spoiler]Unfortunately, I'm going to have to go with the MIC version of Sweeping, and it only grants you +2 bonus on trip checks. However, your bonus to trip stays at 16, since your strength just increased by 2. However, I'll let you keep the older version of Wounding if you'd like.[/spoiler]

The Matron Mel'Und directs a gaze that seems to pierce into your soul, and she slowly smiles with great approval. It is time, Faer. Go forth and do my will!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 07:21:20 AM by wezylithyx »