Author Topic: Heroic Origins: OOC Talk  (Read 39192 times)

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
Re: Heroic Origins: OOC Talk
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 03:06:48 PM »
:P
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 03:17:44 AM »
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 09:46:35 AM »
I've been thinking, and I'm not sure if my first proper character should have Vow of Poverty. My alignment may shift, and loot is an important part of the game.

Tiv, Male changeling battledancer 1
Medium Humanoid (psionic, shapechanger)
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (9 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30ft
Armor Class: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 Cha) Touch 16 Flat-footed 14 (+4 shield with force screen)
Base Attack/Grapple: +1
Attack: Unarmed strike +3 melee (1d8)
Full Attack: N/A
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Frightful Presence 20 ft.
Special Qualities: minor change shape, 2pp (force screen 2/day, manifester level 1st)
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +0 (+2 against sleep and charm effects)
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 18
Skills:
[spoiler]Appraise 0 (0 +0 Int)
Bluff 6 (0 +4 Cha +2 racial)
Balance 6 (4 +2 Dex)
Climb 4 (4 +0 Str)
Concentration 1 (0 +1 Con)
Diplomacy 4 (0 +4 Cha)
Disguise 4 (0 +4 Cha) (+10 minor change shape)
Escape Artist 2 (0 +2 Dex)
Forgery 0 (0 +0 Int)
Gather Information 4 (0 +4 Cha)
Heal 0 (0 + 0 Wis)
Hide 4 (2 +2 Dex)
Intimidate 6 (0 +4 Cha +2 racial)
Jump 4 (4 +0 Str)
Listen 0 (0 +0 Wis)
Move Silently 4 (2 +2 Dex)
Perform (dance) 7 (3 +4 Cha)
Perform (other) 4 (0 +4 Cha)
Ride 2 (0 +2 Dex)
Search 0 (0 +0 Wis)
Sense Motive 2 (0 +0 Wis +2 racial)
Sleight of Hand 3 (1 +2 Dex)
Spot 0 (0 +0 Wis)
Survival 0 (0 +0 Wis)
Swim 0 (0 +0 Str)
Tumble 6 (4 +2 Dex)
Use Rope 2 (0 +2 Dex)[/spoiler]
Feats: Dreadful Wrath(PGtF), Hidden Talent (force screen), Open MindedB, Weapon Finesse
Flaws: Cautious (Dragon #328, skill checks take twice as long, -2 initiative), Shaky (-2 on ranged attacks)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Languages Spoken: Common, Dwarven, Elven (Natural Linguist)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 05:13:34 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 10:13:42 AM »
I've been thinking, and I'm not sure if my first proper character should have Vow of Poverty. My alignment may shift, and loot is an important part of the game.
If you're okay with sticking with it for a bit longer, I have no problem with you retraining his feats at level up. Or would you like to retrain it right now?
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 10:20:12 AM »
If you're okay with sticking with it for a bit longer, I have no problem with you retraining his feats at level up. Or would you like to retrain it right now?

My character's stats have not played any part in the game so far, so I was hoping for a retcon.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 10:26:01 AM »
Sure. Go ahead and PM what changes you want to make :D
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Shigunaru

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • I am your "friend"
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 06:11:17 PM »
I'm sorry about the grammar of my last post, but is very late here... I'll revise it tomorrow. Just wanted to keep the ball rolling ;)
Posting guidelines. Read 'em. Use 'em. Love 'em.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2008, 07:02:03 PM »
Sure. Go ahead and PM what changes you want to make :D
I already edited it into my post above.
My work

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2008, 07:56:15 PM »
It looks okay to me. Why Kiai Shout, though? It doesn't seem that effective... :shrug
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 09:50:13 AM »
It looks okay to me. Why Kiai Shout, though? It doesn't seem that effective... :shrug
Can you suggest an alternative?
My work

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2008, 10:09:10 AM »
Is it still the same build plan?
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2008, 10:11:33 AM »
Can you suggest an alternative?

Look player's guide to faerun for a regional feat that does exactly that. Every time you attack, cast a spell or charge you get a 20ft fear aura. I don't remember the name though :S
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2008, 10:22:19 AM »
Is it still the same build plan?

Yeah. I don't think I can qualify for Dervish, though.

Rather than Kiai Shout, I could take Goad, Combat Panache (requires 8 ranks in Bluff, Intimidate and Perform) or Disturbing Visage (requires Quick Change, both can be taken as Cabinet Trickster bonus feats)

Look player's guide to faerun for a regional feat that does exactly that. Every time you attack, cast a spell or charge you get a 20ft fear aura. I don't remember the name though :S
Hmmm... Dreadful Wrath? Lower radius, and can only target a creature once/24 hours, but no HD limit, does not require an action, and can be used any number of times per day. That does look better.

EDIT: Incidentally, I'll be taking two fighter level as part of the build, and I plan to use the Hit and Run variant from Drow of the Underdark.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 05:43:50 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2008, 04:53:26 PM »
Also, I haven't been very active in the game, but I figure a changeling wouldn't want to draw too much attention to himself. Right now, he suspects that one of Silkur's rivals might have cast some kind of enchantment on the town, but he will not risk bringing this up with the captain around.

Whether his methods were magical or mundane, though, the main thing is that Tiv sees a powerful mastermind in the shadows. As someone disguising his true nature, he is paranoid wary of deception, but he may become more open if he sees Dusk walking around without hassle.
My work

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 11:11:06 PM »
Sorry it took me a couple days to update, everyone. I've been a bit under the weather and haven't been thinking straight. :P Anyways, I'm to however much rping each of you want to do, so if you want to rp the walk to the guild and any questions you have, that'd cool or if you just want a "Bob spends the time before dinner asking around the market about Silkur" that's fine too. Go ahead and roll gather informations while you do either :D  And if I missed something, don't be afraid to point it out :D
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 12:55:01 PM »
For the rest couple weeks i won't be posting as much, due to exams :/
Just to let you know.
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2008, 04:27:20 PM »
That's cool. Good luck on exams :D
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2008, 03:33:51 AM »
I think I'm going to move to making one post every day or every other day unless I'm the last post in the thread. I've been waiting for a couple people to post each time, but it's just moving so slow.  ???

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2008, 03:36:02 AM »
Oh. And the first one to PM em with the right reason why Malachi keeps pausing when he mentions dusk gets a special prize.  :D