Author Topic: Factotum of War Modified?  (Read 2693 times)

Silent Wayfarer

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Factotum of War Modified?
« on: March 28, 2009, 07:23:58 AM »
So the basic concept of the Factotum of War is that it's a gestalt Factotum 20 / Warblade 20, giving it tons of skill points/versatility. H and amazing martial prowess. However, I was looking at the build and I was wondering what it would lose by swapping out 5 levels of Warblade for Swashbuckler 3 and Iaijutsu Master 2, for INT to damage and AC and CHA to initiative, and overall, whether it would be a good idea.

Ideas, chaps?

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
Re: Factotum of War Modified?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 08:31:37 AM »
So the basic concept of the Factotum of War is that it's a gestalt Factotum 20 / Warblade 20, giving it tons of skill points/versatility. H and amazing martial prowess. However, I was looking at the build and I was wondering what it would lose by swapping out 5 levels of Warblade for Swashbuckler 3 and Iaijutsu Master 2, for INT to damage and AC and CHA to initiative, and overall, whether it would be a good idea.

Ideas, chaps?

Iaijustu Master 5 can be very mean if you're loosing 5 levels anyway.  CHA *TIMES* number of iaijutsu dice to hit.  Very breakable.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 02:06:06 PM »
Factotum 20 isn't all that necessary. The SLAs are nice, but a gestalted Factotum 8/Chameleon 10/IJM2//Warblade 20.

Great capstone, floating bonus feat to get a new maneuver every damn day, extra actions... Or go Factotum 11/Chameleon 9, for ignoring SR (though with CL boosters this is probably not that great, plus this build loses 2 CLs).

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »
I would almost never trade the last 5 levels of warblade maneuvers and dual stance for int to dmg and cha to initiative, especially since cha isn't a very important factotum or warblade stat. 

Swapping out the last 2 levels of factotum for something else is probably a good idea though - even a simple chameleon 2 would get the floating feat, wouldn't it?