Author Topic: Infiltration and Security - Modern, Superscience, Future  (Read 1244 times)

Herbert West

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Resident Occultist
    • Email
Infiltration and Security - Modern, Superscience, Future
« on: March 26, 2009, 07:29:45 PM »
I was looking over all of my old 1st edition Spycraft books (only missing one or two now :D) and realised that D20 modern (and by extension Future) did not have decent infiltration or security system rules.

Now as someone who really likes their infiltration and devious security, I found that the Spycraft rules no longer cut it for me due to their incompatability with each other.

So I thought why not create a new system based off the Spycraft security system and then build an infiltration system up from there.

So my goals are:

-Create stats for passive (deterents) security systems (ie different types of doors, walls, locks, barbed wire).

-Create stats for passive (sensors) security systems (ie pressure, motion, moisture, temperature sensors and lasers).

-Create stats for active (human) security systems (ie monitored cameras, guards)

-Create stats for active (electronic) security systems (ie automated cameras, computer contolled camera robots)

-Create stats for defensive (aggresive) security systems (ie death laser grids, gun turrets, dogs, armed guards)

-Create some sort of system for computer security, how it controls electronic security, whilst also factoring in human elements (guards monitioring cameras etc)

-Link all of the above together in some sort of overarching system (ie rules for alerts, rules for patrols, rules for human factors)

-Create gear for the purpose of infiltrating these systems. (think Mission Impossible/Bond)

I thought of maybe stating all the security devices as having certain skill DCs for passing by them, spotting them, them spotting you etc like in spycraft.

Any thoughts ideas or criticisms welcome.
Herbert West
I\'m not actually American if you got that idea from the picture. I\'m just a stalwart supporter of President Cthulhu. He will come to England soon.

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
Re: Infiltration and Security - Modern, Superscience, Future
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 01:49:22 AM »
Interesting idea...  So it's basically a plug 'n play encounter builder focused on infiltration?
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Herbert West

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Resident Occultist
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 04:59:50 PM »
Thats exactly how I will now think of it! It makes more sense than "standardise infiltration rules" aim wise.

I would start coming up with things, but I have nothing idea wise atm due to school.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:01:36 PM by Herbert West »
I\'m not actually American if you got that idea from the picture. I\'m just a stalwart supporter of President Cthulhu. He will come to England soon.

Skip Sandwich

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 09:29:17 PM »
well, some of the things on your list already have stats, such as doors, walls, and locks, they just need more fleshing out from a infiltration stand point, for example, how noisy is kicking in a door versus picking the lock? how much harder is it to quietly open a squeaky door?