Author Topic: I need help with this Telflammar Shadowlord, please  (Read 4009 times)

Rhig

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
I need help with this Telflammar Shadowlord, please
« on: March 24, 2009, 04:35:53 PM »
Hello, everybody.

Recently I have been toying around with the Telflammar Shadowlord PrC (UE page 36). I've seen some builds trying to make the best out of his shadow pounce by performing it every round while adding sneak attack damage to his full attack and then diving back into the shadows. Here's what I came up with:

CE Strongheart Halfling
Rogue 1/ Cloistered Cleric 1/ Warlock 6/ SA Fighter 1/ Telflammar Shadowlord 5/ Dread Commando 5/ Shadowdancer 1

Took Shadow Domain (ECS) and Travel Domain, which was traded for Travel Devotion.
feats:
racial bonus: Dodge.
1st level: mobility
cleric: Travel Devotion, Blind-Fight
3rd level: Two-Weapon Fighting
6th level: Weapon Finesse
9th level: Spring Attack
12th level: Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
15th level: Combat Reflexes
18th level: Greater Two-Weapon Fighting

So what do we have here? A character with +13 BAB that can make a total of six attacks during a full attack. It has a sneak attack of +5d6. It can use the lesser invocation "Flee the Scene" in order to teleport from hiding next to a flat-footed opponent, make a full attack of six attacks that are each enhanced with a bonus of +5d6 to the damage they deal, and then use the travel devotion feat in order to move back into hiding as a swift action (IIRC, moving as a swif action does not provoke AoO). This character can hide almost anywhere thanks to the Hide in Plain Sight ability it gets from the level of Shadowdancer.
Any suggestions on how to improve this character?

Edit: Oh, yes, I almost forgot - everything that is 3.5 material goes. This build is just for fun, so feel free to offer anything you can think of from any splatbook you can imagine.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 04:45:06 PM by Rhig »

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
Re: I need help with this Telflammar Shadowlord, please
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 07:15:56 PM »
2 levels of Totemist for Blink Shirt to Totem Chakra and 2 essentia into it is a 30 feet teleport as a move action.
Way more efficient than 6 levels of Warlock.
2 Levels of Swordsage total, the latter one taken at high enough level nets you another 2d6 sneak through Assassin's Stance.

Hrrm...you gave me an idea...
Rogue 5/Totemist 2/Telflammar Shadowlord 6/Assassin 9...
Wonder if I can make that work.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 07:22:12 PM by Shadowhunter »
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 07:17:32 PM »
2 levels of Totemist for Blink Shirt to Totem Chakra and 2 essentia into it is a 30 feet teleport as a move action.
Way more efficient than 6 levels of Warlock.
2 Levels of Swordsage total, the latter one taken at high enough level nets you another 2d6 sneak through Assassin's Stance.

Hrrm...you gave me an idea...
Rouge 5/Totemist 2/Telflammar Shadowlord 6/Assassin 9...
Wonder if I can make that work.

You may want to add some lipstick :eh

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 07:19:20 PM »
Huh? ???

+++EDIT+++

I can't belive I made that misstake.  :blush
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 07:22:56 PM by Shadowhunter »
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 07:20:35 PM »
A rogue is the guy that stabs people in the back, rouge is the stuff you put on your cheeks to feel pretty ;)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 12:31:59 AM »
Warlock's there so that his opponent is flat footed, and thus vulnerable to sneak attack. Though 2 levels of totemist + greater invisibility might be >> warlock.