Author Topic: CO Diary: Warblade  (Read 5481 times)

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: CO Diary: Warblade
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »
No, Bert, you're not the only one. I notice.

I just realized that Eladriel was saying that Robilar's Gambit requires combat expertise. I was AFB and I thought that he was talking about Stormguard Warrior. I don't really need Karmic Strike, because it requires 2 shit feats to get. Robilar's will be fine.

Build editing time...

EDIT: Hmm... Warblade bonus feats... Evasive Reflexes... Evasive Reflexes states that it "can be used in place of Combat Reflexes to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or special ability. I wonder if that means that you can take it as a warblade bonus feat rather than taking Combat Reflexes?

EDIT: I just realized that with the combo Wolf Pack Tactics + Robilar's Gambit + Combat Reflexes, you can get attacked, attack your opponent (hopefully successfully), and then move out of the square they attacked. Never get hit in melee again! Best part is that I can fit this into my build! YAY!

Eldariel

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 05:12:56 PM »
Just so the table is clear and no confusion remains:

Robilar's Gambit
Prerequisites - BAB +12, Combat Reflexes

Karmic Strike
Prerequisites - Dex 13, Combat Expertise, Dodge

Stormguard Warrior
Prerequisites - BAB +6, Martial Weapon Proficiency: Ironheart Preferred Weapon, Ironheart Aura, 2 Ironheart Maneuvers

Hmm... Warblade bonus feats... Evasive Reflexes... Evasive Reflexes states that it "can be used in place of Combat Reflexes to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or special ability. I wonder if that means that you can take it as a warblade bonus feat rather than taking Combat Reflexes?

By RAW, no - it may be used as a prerequisite instead of Combat Reflexes, but you may not take it in Combat Reflexes' stead. That said, naturally you could ask the DM; allowing it would seem rather sensible considering how narrow the Warblade Bonus Feat-list is in the end.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 02:10:09 PM »
Thanks for the help Eladriel but it looks like this campaign is dead. We were at another game and the DM of this game just fucking exploded and stormed away. We've all pretty much agreed that we don't want to include him in any more games.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 02:11:48 PM »
What happened? (if you don't mind me asking that is)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2009, 02:30:03 PM »
Well there's these 2 guys that can't stand each other. One guy is just a bit annoying to game with (he's otherwise a great guy), and the other guy is a dick and extremely difficult to game with. He also refuses to accept help and builds shitty characters.

So guy 1 questions an in-game decision of guy 2, he say "hey, why do you buy people drinks all the time?" and guy 2 just fucking goes off and says "BECAUSE MY CHARACTERS ARE NICE PEOPLE." There were some instances of explosive runes nearby, so he gets this crazy idea and tries to jump on guy 1's character and begin read the runes. That fails. Everyone was like "dude wtf."

Gets better: out of nowhere:
"Make a will save"
"What?"
"Make a will save"
"Why?"
"Make a will save"
"Dude come on, really?"
"Make a will save"
"Do you want to do this"
"Make a fucking will save"
"Come on, this is really-"
"PICK UP THE DICE AND ROLL THE GODDAMN WILL SAVE"
"FINE!"

*rolls, makes it.*

"Okay, you take 1 point of int and charisma damage."

"Okay, man. Make a will save."
"Oh come on, man, it's just 1 point!"
"No, dude, I'm ego whipping you. Make a will save"

*rolls, fails.*
*takes 12 points of charisma damage*

Now, I know his character. He has 8 charisma. He lies, and says he has 4 left, like he does frequently (but never when it matters, only on stupid shit). Fortunately for us, Schism is win. He gets ego whipped again.

Our 2 characters have a background, which I did out of pity for him because his characters kept dying, so he brought in another one (yet again). I at one point sacrificed my character (to be fair, I had a mechanical reason behind it) to some efreeti to rez him for free (he was an Avoral Guardinal  :banghead), and I had to kill myself. Which I did by activating a Sizing Extending spear right down my own throat.

And then I got this warforged graft (it's also a battlefist!). It switches between battlefist and bastard sword, and was a steal at 12k. It has a +3 enhancement bonus. It went directly up guy 2's character's rectum, after he stormed out. I picked him up with my ridiculously huge oversized hand, and I said "Why would you make me regret this? I thought I knew you... I guess I was wrong."

*Coup de grace*

We launched him off a catapult and into a swamp. Ass naked.

So I see this as a great victory for our group. We had much more fun.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 02:41:09 PM »
And fun is what it's all about :)

Why am I picturing your character using his character as a sort of sock puppet though? :lmao
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 02:43:20 PM »
Because that is an accurate description of what happened.

I'm a binder, and I am almost continually influenced by chupoclops and Tenebrous, so I have to act emo all day. It's fucking fun.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 02:59:12 PM »
Binders rule :)

Eldariel

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 01:01:55 AM »
A pity. I was looking forward to this game, to be honest - I have never actually seen a TWF Warblade in action. Does sound like a problematic group though. Mayhap one of you will DM in near future for another campaign?