Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98093 times)

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #900 on: July 28, 2009, 05:30:58 PM »
"We need to clear these three away so we can get to Richard! Damn Brits, always have to stand their ground instead of tactically withdraw..." Firing up the stairs at his foe, he twists himself around the corner still on guard to find himself pointing a gun at Bones. Certain the gunshot got his attention, Eisen tries to communicate with handsigns to trap them there with fire from both sides.

[spoiler]All's fine, actually like this better, just note my first level in gunslinger allows me to make attacks in threatened squares without provoking AoO.
HP: 26
Shots left after this action: 5
Standard Action: Fires at Cannibal_I, To-Hit: 11, Damage: 5
Action Point for To-Hit: 5, Becomes 16 to-hit
Takes a Five-Foot-Step to C-9, Readies an action to fire on any Cannibal that descends to C-10 (or otherwise becomes visible).[/spoiler]

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #901 on: July 29, 2009, 01:51:09 AM »
Loder heads into the boiler room.  Dropping the wood on the floor, he tells the Kid.  "Just start feeding the wood into the furnace and stay here!  I'm gonna get the others!"

Then he rushes up to C-12 and yells past Bones and Eisen, hoping the others can hear him.  "HEY!  Everyone get back to the furnace room, we can hold them off in this hallway!"
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #902 on: July 29, 2009, 05:54:15 PM »
Richard feels them closing in on him and it is starting to fray his nerves.  He shoots again, wondering how long he can keep this up.

[spoiler]
Hit: 10
Damage: 12

[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #903 on: July 30, 2009, 04:16:22 AM »
The first group of Cannibals makes their move:

Cannibal E, C, and G each fire upon Richard with  arrows, as Richard deftly dodges them!

Next up, RUSSO holds his action.

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #904 on: July 30, 2009, 04:19:16 AM »
Pingo takes a swing at the Cannibal at D-4 again.

[spoiler]Okay, I got out of bed last night to post this and rolled and everything, and you can see my last rolls and what night they were on but my browser awesomely crashed and I said fuck it and went back to bed, quite angry cause they were the only good rolls I've gotten so far. I have the link that shows my two rolls TO HIT, and TO SLAY, but if you say roll again, I'll roll again. Your call, really, your the GM. But I do have Invisible Castle Internetual proof lol
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/ragincajun2288/[/spoiler]
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #905 on: July 30, 2009, 11:10:23 AM »
[spoiler]
Pingo takes a swing at the Cannibal at D-4 again.

Okay, I got out of bed last night to post this and rolled and everything, and you can see my last rolls and what night they were on but my browser awesomely crashed and I said fuck it and went back to bed, quite angry cause they were the only good rolls I've gotten so far. I have the link that shows my two rolls TO HIT, and TO SLAY, but if you say roll again, I'll roll again. Your call, really, your the GM. But I do have Invisible Castle Internetual proof lol
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/ragincajun2288/

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2186776/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2186780/

No worries dude. Invisible Castle saves all-- That is why we sign into that bastard! You're all good.
[/spoiler]
Current PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #906 on: July 30, 2009, 02:49:38 PM »
As Pingo is fighting with one of the cannibals, John has his own problems to worry about.
Without blinking he unleashes a hail of lead into the room, targeting two of the cannibals.

[spoiler]Autofire on Cannibals B & F (I'm assuming I can still target F, although he'll probably have a cover bonus to his Ref save, if not, let me know and I'll just Burst Fire on B).

I don't provoke any AoO's due to the Gunslinger's Close Combat Shot ability.

Attack: 28
Damage: 12

After that, my move action depends on the result of this attack:
Option 1: I manage to drop both cannibals: I move into the room and use Bones' bed as cover so I can provide Pingo with cover fire next round.

Option 2: I fail to drop both cannibals: I scream like a madman to draw them away from Pingo (free action) and move to C9 and use part of the door for some cover (Tumble check to avoid AoO for leaving threatened square: 22

I figured I'd post these two option already to keep things rolling :)[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 06:36:56 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #907 on: July 30, 2009, 06:13:31 PM »
[spoiler]Refex Saves in response to Kestrels attack. Bullets tear into the room as the Sgt's Tommy gun lights the cabin up with a series of staccato flashes fueled by burning lead-- Both cannibals are hit, they stagger, almost falling, but not quite yet-- there is still killing to be done. Kestrel can see it in their eyes... but the wounds are bad. Kestrel felt confident that they could not survive the next barrage.[/spoiler]

INIT: 12
The second group of Cannibals makes their move:

Cannibal_A (D-5) attacks Pingo with a snarl and a spear. The cannibal manages to slash Pingo acros the arm, a sticky trickle of blood begins to flow down Pingo's arms. (-2 HP)
Cannibal_B (F-6) stabs at the sergeant with his short spear from the doorway-- miss
Cannibal_F (F-6) Assaults the sergeant from his increasingly damp position on the bed, stabbing around the corner with his spear-- miss

[spoiler]
A, B, and F's attacks (1d20+2=22, 1d6=2 CRITICAL THREAT (FAILS),1d20+2=15, 1d6=1,1d20+2=8, 1d6=4)

Critical threat confirmation. (1d20+2=6) Boo for me.[/spoiler]

Harrison Bones is NEXT... then the final group of Cannibals.
Current PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #908 on: July 30, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »
[spoiler] Don't forget me moving to C9 and using cover ;)
I'm willing to stay in my current position though if that's okay with you. I seem to have gotten their attention, and that way I'll be closer to Pingo...

EDIT: Edited previous post to fix url-tags.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 06:38:45 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #909 on: August 01, 2009, 12:56:54 PM »
Bones forfeits his action.

The last group of Cannibals moves...

Cannibal_K moves over to K-10 trying to get a better angle. He has no targets.

Cannibal_J has no targets.

Cannibal_I stabs at Eisen from his position behind cover above him on the stairs... a MISS. stabby at eisen from higher ground. (1d20+2=11, 1d8+1=6)

Cannibal_H moves along the side of the upper cabin (to J-18), rain pelting him. A shadow moving amongst the dark, but not hiding-- taking cover behind the support pole to the tarped roof-- he fires an arrow at Richard and misses. H attacks Richard (1d20+2=7, 1d6+1=2)

[This wraps up the actions of this round-- I need to write up the summary, then we'll start the next round. The summary will be written in about 2 hours, as I need to ride along to my roomies work, so I can take the car to get to MY work later tonight. Again, I am VERY sorry for the delays...]

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 03:34:17 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #910 on: August 01, 2009, 03:46:50 PM »
ROUND #4 SUMMARY
[spoiler]
18 Richard
Richard feels them closing in on him and it is starting to fray his nerves.  He shoots again, wondering how long he can keep this up. *Ka-BOOOOOM--!!!!*his shot echoes through the jungle once again, but once again another unfortunate miss--

...*Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum*... the drums continue from the jungle on either side of the river. They must be hungry!

18 Cannibals
Screaming their frenzied cry,"HOOOOOOooooOOOOoOOOoOOOOooowwwWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHH!"
The first group of Cannibals makes their move:

Cannibal_C looses an arrow, but misses as it whips past Richard's head and into the water behind the boat.

Cannibal_E mortally wounded from Richard's previous shot... topples from the roof, and falls to the deck next to Richard's feet. Dead. (Sorry, this guy actually died before this round-- I fucked up a bit-- sorry!)

Cannibal_G peeks out again from his cover, and fires a shot at Richard. The arrow whizzes past the stoic Brit with a whistle to vanish in the darkness and rain.

13 Russo
Holding action and awaiting a target.

12 Kestrel

12 Cannibals
This second group of Cannibals react;  in the midst of their screaming frenzy,"HOOOOOOooooOOOOoOOOoOOOOooowwwWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHH!"
Cannibal_A (D-5) attacks Pingo with a snarl and a spear. The cannibal manages to slash Pingo across the arm, a sticky trickle of blood begins to flow down Pingo's arms. (-2 HP)

Cannibal_B (F-6) stabs at the sergeant with his short spear from the doorway-- miss

Cannibal_F (F-6) Assaults the sergeant from his increasingly damp position on the bed, stabbing around the corner with his spear-- that results in a miss.

8 Loder
Loder heads into the boiler room.  Dropping the wood on the floor, he tells the Kid.  "Just start feeding the wood into the furnace and stay here!  I'm gonna get the others!"

"Don't worry Doctor Loder, I've done this before!!" the Kid calls over his shoulder, as he starts tossing cut wood into the boiler's still cold furnace. They'd be able to light it soon enough...

Then he rushes up to C-12 and yells past Bones and Eisen, hoping the others can hear him.  "HEY!  Everyone get back to the furnace room, we can hold them off in this hallway!"

7 Pingo
Pingo takes a swing at the Cannibal at D-4 again-- his short spear stabs him in the chest as his machete cuts Cannibal_A's arm clean off-- blood errupts from the stump, spraying across the cabin as the Cannibal whirls and falls to the ground-- dead.

3 Eisen
"We need to clear these three away so we can get to Richard! Damn Brits, always have to stand their ground instead of tactically withdraw..." Firing up the stairs at his foe, he twists himself around the corner still on guard to find himself pointing a gun at Bones. Certain the gunshot got his attention, Eisen tries to communicate with handsigns to trap them there with fire from both sides.

3 Bones
Staggers in place-- he's really really drunk. He stops to vomit out of a port hole. "BlaaaAAAAAAAARGH" *splatter* "Why, of WHY did was have to get attacked... when I'm soOOooo drunk! It isn't fair!" He slurs to Eisen.

1 Cannibals
["HOOOOOOooooOOOOoOOOoOOOOooowwwWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

Last Group of Cannibals...
Cannibal_K moves over to M-10 to get a better angle. He still has no target (he cannot see Richard to the south due to the rear double doors.

Cannibal_J has no target

Cannibal_I stabs at Eisen from his position above him, but around the cover of the corner,  on the stairs... a MISS.

Cannibal_H moves along the side of the upper cabin (to J-18), rain pelting him. A shadow moving amongst the dark, but not hiding-- taking cover behind the support pole to the tarped roof-- he fires an arrow at Richard and misses. H attacks Richard

Still the steady ...*Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum*... echoes through the night.

Just under THAT sound is a steady and heavy SNORING continues to come from Max who is passed out on the curved couch.  ZZZzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzZZZZzzzz....[/spoiler]

ROUND #5 BEGINS...

Map shows the locations of all parties after the events of Round #4.

Initiative order:

18 Richard
18 Cannibals
13 Russo
12 Kestrel
12 Cannibals
8 Loder
7 Pingo
3 Eisen
3 Bones
1 Cannibals

AND GO!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 03:49:59 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #911 on: August 01, 2009, 04:21:04 PM »
Richard lets out a dry chuckle and the cannibal falls to his feet.  The situation seems less grim now, and he feels infused with renewed vigor.  He turns and lets loose another bullet, this one at Cannibal H.

[spoiler]
Hit: 25
Damage: 17

Critical Confirmation roll: 6
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #912 on: August 01, 2009, 05:44:48 PM »
John holds his position and fires another burst of lead at the two cannibals in Bones' room.

[spoiler]Autofire on the 2 cannibals again.
Attack: 20
Damage: 13[/spoiler]

jacemachine