Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98096 times)

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #700 on: July 03, 2009, 07:05:47 AM »
"Woah! careful Kestral! those things are ancient" Russo cries out looking rather wide eyed and panicked he moves hastily up to John with the box and attempts to take the knife from his grasp before he can hurt the ancient thing,

"You have to treat these things with respect, these belong in a museum, you can't just wave them around like that"
[spoiler]knowledge history:30!!! for checking out the knives learning what he can from the details and intricacies as well as any symbology present and maybe how old they are even though he was told a good few pages back[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 07:46:39 AM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #701 on: July 03, 2009, 08:31:30 AM »
"If you guys think these things can help us in battle, they'd better be just as good, if not better, than a standard issue combat knife.

Historical value won't help us when facing more characters like that Muta guy, a good blade will."
Kestrel explains to his namesake.

"Damnit!" John shouts as the stone dagger shatters upon impact.

"And this was supposed to help us in battle?" he asks, sarcasm clearly audible in his voice as he hands Russo the shattered remains of the dagger.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:04:24 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #702 on: July 03, 2009, 11:37:30 AM »
John is basically stabbing and cutting like with a normal combat knife, treating the post as if it were a normal enemy in close-combat

The stone dagger strikes the wood, but shatters in Sgt. Kestrel's hand. It seems that sacrificial dagger had never been intended for stabbing poles, and its extreme age only amplified that fact.

The group now has 3 priceless obsidian-bladed stone daggers now.

About this time Dr. Loder and Herr Eisen return from... where ever it had been that they had run off to moments earlier.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 11:42:35 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #703 on: July 03, 2009, 12:10:22 PM »
Loder trots up to the group in a slight jog.  "Max, what was it you had said about the sug--"

Stopping dead in his tracks, Loder's jaw hangs open in shock as he stares at the pieces of broken dagger currently resting in Russo's hands.  "Wh-- What have you done?!"
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Neull//

« Reply #704 on: July 03, 2009, 02:21:26 PM »
[[OOC: What about my knowledge rolls concerning the daggers?]]

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #705 on: July 03, 2009, 04:28:12 PM »
Russo stands there the handle in his grasp, he seems to have entered some form of shock...

"I-he- T-t-t-the... he....he broke-" he manages to splutter eyes wide, mouth agape in sheer horror from the look of him anybody would think somebody had just disemboweled a child.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 04:34:52 PM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #706 on: July 03, 2009, 04:35:07 PM »
"Yeah, sorry to ruin your priced archeological finding, Doc, but it doesn't seem to be quite the weapon it's cracked up to be." John shrugs.

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #707 on: July 03, 2009, 04:56:41 PM »
Richard spins around and glares at John.  "You!  Never touch anything I own again!  Why would you think that a knife made out of stone would be used to stab a pole?  You don't stab poles with knives you bloody fool!"
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #708 on: July 03, 2009, 05:07:24 PM »
"This one works just fine on wood, thank you very much." John snarks as he demonstrates his knife skills with his combat knife.

"You really think those stone relics are better than this basic knife if they can't even put a scratch on some old wood?" He continues as he steps away from the old post, revealing a number of deep gashes and cuts on the wood.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #709 on: July 03, 2009, 05:25:26 PM »
"You're not here to think, you're here to shoot things you bloody Yank!  Your thoughts on these knives are unimportant."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #710 on: July 03, 2009, 05:31:55 PM »
"Yeah, rational thought is obviously the specialty of you and your hoodoo experts, isn't it, limey?" John deadpans as he starts to make his way back into the Grateful Goat.

"I need a drink..." he mutters under his breath.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 06:07:07 AM by BowenSilverclaw »

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #711 on: July 03, 2009, 10:25:19 PM »
His eyes still on the broken pieces of dagger, Loder distractedly relates his discovery at the Dunning grave.  "Oh, uh...  Earlier when I had first found the grave, I had noticed some small white grains in his satchel.  After we were all back together and Eisen mentioned sugar, it clicked, so that's where we just went.  Sure enough, they were grains of sugar!  Just what exactly is going on here?"
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks