Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 97765 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #520 on: June 10, 2009, 06:15:07 PM »
John signals to Max about entering the tavern to investigate what happened.

[spoiler]Will post more/edit after Neull// posts what Max is going to do :)[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #521 on: June 10, 2009, 06:26:03 PM »
Deciding the cow had enough attention for one day (and wondering how difficult it would be to make dry jerky out of it's meat before leaving; good for trading, eating, maybe the cannibals would like), he noted he was catching up to Kestrel and Max. Making his way to building 28, he noted the size, layers of dirt, and finally peering through the window, he noted the body. Turning to the other two, before max has a chance to enter, "This is odd; there was a bloated corpse, bloody and shot in one of the huts I found. Why is it only a few are left? Obviously something happened here. Perhaps only a few were in the village, the others off to Santa Boca for celebrations?...... I'm going to investigate the set of legs, confirm it's mortality..." Slowly and cautiously, Eisen steps into the bar, rifle forward and pointed at the mouth of the bar. Quickly taking in his surroundings, he makes his way towards the legs, circling around about ten or fifteen feet away until he could see into the bar, then if nothing alarming appears, moving up to the corpse barrel first.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #522 on: June 10, 2009, 06:27:39 PM »
John moves in after Eisen and takes up position next to the door opening, keeping his SMG ready to provide cover fire for Eisen if necessary.

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #523 on: June 10, 2009, 08:17:44 PM »
Eisen approaches the body Kestrel to his rear with his firearm at the ready.

It can be recognized as a male form, a villager by his clothes, laying sprawled in the sawdust across the wooden floor of the tavern. As incredibly filthy as the man is, covered head to toe in caked mud, and stains even darker than the caked mud. As still as he was, the man's chest rose and fell as he drew breath.

In addition to this man, you notice the strong scent of decay. The same smell that Eisen had sampled a few shacks earlier. This smell seemed stronger towards the rear of the building-- not from the man but from the vicinity of the toppled table and chairs. The harried buzz of a thousand flies droned away from that corner of the large open bar room.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 08:47:42 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Neull//

« Reply #524 on: June 10, 2009, 09:33:28 PM »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #525 on: June 11, 2009, 06:28:06 AM »
John stays near the entrance to keep a good overview of the entire bar room, ready to provide assistance when necessary.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #526 on: June 11, 2009, 07:33:06 AM »
Somewhat less than willing to examine the body, Eisen makes a quick overlook of it, just to see if he can see any bullet wounds. As he looks for this, he sees the man breathing. Without crouching to examine the man, Eisen moves to the door quickly, before the man can open his eyes. "Keep a watch on him; he might panic if this was nazis and he sees my uniform. I'll keep watch on the door.

Doctor, quickly would be better; I need your expertise."
Eisen has run back to the doctor, and has gone for the tavern before waiting for the doctor. Not wanting to skirt the village, each time Eisen takes the main road. On his way back, he keeps an eye on the outskirt of the village, listening for whatever might be watching...
[spoiler]
Listen: 24
Spot: 20[/spoiler]

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #527 on: June 11, 2009, 08:02:18 AM »
Grabbing his medical supplies from the mule, Dr. Loder hurriedly chases after Eisen, barely keeping up to see where he was going.  Upon seeing the mud-covered man, Loder quickly assessed his condition.

[spoiler]
Treat Injury = 28
[/spoiler]
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #528 on: June 11, 2009, 08:12:19 AM »
[[W-wait? What happened to that listen check I asked you to make doctor? a few posts back?
No. you're right. Go save this man. Never mind.
From your new current  location you would not get the chance to do that check any longer...]]
Current PbP Games

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #529 on: June 11, 2009, 01:40:49 PM »
RUSSO

"Si." The Kid agrees to Russo's request. After a moment he adds, "I like your mustache. When I grow up I want to have a mustache like Padre the Bartender has!"

Just a moment ago, you heard Eisen shouting for the Doctor, then you saw Loder disappear into the hut-- then reappear carrying his medical bag. He then ran off in answer to the call. The slow-witted porter, pokes his head out of the doorway Loder had just left. He spots you, gives you an enthusiastic wave of his hand and a smile.

Current PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #530 on: June 11, 2009, 01:42:29 PM »
Sgt. Kestrel switches positions with Eisen and keeps an eye on the man.

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #531 on: June 11, 2009, 02:00:17 PM »
After testing the mud-caked villager's vital signs and checking him over for any serious injuries, Dr. Loder looks up at the others with a serious look on his face.  "Whoever he is, he's clearly malnourished.  He's alive, but he doesn't seem to be responsive to any external stimuli.  Also, aside from the cuts on his hands and feet, these scratches on his arms and chest appear to be self-inflicted.  What in the hell happened to these people?"

Shaking his head, Loder stands up and walks over to Eisen.  "By the way, what was the shooting about, what was in that hut?"
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #532 on: June 11, 2009, 02:09:34 PM »
"I suggest we investigate this building some more, and if it turns out to be free of any hostiles we relocate everyone and all our equipment over here. This is the sturdiest looking building in town, and it would give us enough room to aid any injured civilians without having to split up between various buildings, keeping everyone and their equipment together."

After that Sgt. Kestrel walks over to the toppled over table in the back of the tavern to see if there is anyone behind it, wether they're alive or dead. He keeps his SMG aimed at the general area of the table just in case...

jacemachine