Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 97781 times)

Neull//

Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #500 on: June 09, 2009, 09:37:33 AM »
Max also provides cover for Eisen

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #501 on: June 09, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »
[spoiler][I was going to apply concealment rules, which would have given you a %50 chance of striking your target due to full concealment, even with the Nat20... but I didn't feel like being a dick over this one.][/spoiler]

Richard takes this moment to rescale shack #11, he's looking around at the village to see if he can see anything new.

Eisen in the meantime, approaches the front hanging curtain, pulls it aside with the muzzle of his rifle at the ready. Looking inside he sees.

[spoiler]
This shack is similar to the others in that it is a single room home. What had once accounted as furniture is now largely splinters.

Eisen, there is a dead cow in this room. It lays in a heap on the dirt floor of the shack. Your shot must've struck it in the head, and thanks that it was a high-powered rifle... the cows brains have showered the insides of the shack like so much confetti at a ticker-tape parade. The dead cow lays silent.

The poor things must've wandered in and gotten trapped.
[/spoiler]

[listen checks please. Everyone.]

EDIT about cow.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:18:11 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #502 on: June 09, 2009, 12:34:33 PM »
[spoiler]
Listen (take 10): 11
[/spoiler]
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #503 on: June 09, 2009, 01:34:09 PM »
wondering just what the hell happened Russo looks outside

[spoiler] spot/listen check: 20,9 [/spoiler]
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #504 on: June 09, 2009, 01:49:42 PM »
Even though there doesn't seem to be a threat to the party at the moment, John nevertheless stays focused.

[spoiler]Listen: 21
Spot: 25[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Neull//

« Reply #505 on: June 09, 2009, 02:40:28 PM »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #506 on: June 09, 2009, 04:43:42 PM »
"Guys, I think I heard some sounds, and maybe some glass shattering..." John says to Richard, Max and Eisen.

"The shattering sounded like it was near the well, and the rest of the sounds were probably a bit further to the back of the village." he continues while indicating towards the general area of huts #16 and # 27, near the edge of the jungle.

He then turns around to silently make his way towards the area from where he heard the sounds.

[spoiler]Move along the north wall of hut #15 and stop/hide/take cover at the northwest corner to take a look.
Hide: 21
Move Silently: 17
Listen: 20
Spot: 19
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 04:51:15 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #507 on: June 09, 2009, 05:12:15 PM »
watching the birds take flight Russo glances around the tree line seeing nothing he returns his attention to those inside the shack, he takes a few nervous drags on his cigarette and coughs quietly a couple of times, the hastily inhaled smoke seeming to scour his raw lungs. feeling useless he moves over to the still jittery mules and takes the tarpaulin covered weapon down from the mule along with a box of large .30 ammunition.
uncovering the huge machine gun he wipes it down a little with the tarp and then begins loading the weapon's internal magazine, though based on an early model Browning M1917 the weapon had been modified extensively by Russo's good friend in Italy, a weapons merchant from spain who called himself Espada, then man was a genius when it came to anything metal and unhealthy to humans. the gun was much larger than its original design with an air-cooled barrel and breech and who knows what else under the casing so it now looked almost unrecognizable as a browning machine-gun at all, it has also been modified to fire from an aircraft (Russo's Vadette specifically) which made it a little difficult to fire manually.

Russo finished loading the weapon and made it ready for firing, this place gave him the creeps and he was damned sure he wasn't going to be caught unprepared this time, he propped it against a wall and began searching through his pack for the thing's tripod

[spoiler] crap! I forgot the thing's tripod stand in Russo's inventory! oh mister GM how much we love you here at camp Russo I don't suppose you might look the other way while I slip a tripod into a mule's baggage would you :flutter pretty please? [/spoiler]
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

jacemachine

• Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #508 on: June 09, 2009, 05:29:11 PM »
[spoiler]
oh mister GM how much we love you here at camp Russo I don't suppose you might look the other way while I slip a tripod into a mule's baggage would you :flutter pretty please?

I had been wondering all this time how the hell you were planning on firing it!  :lol
*sigh* I guess I can allow it. Rationally speaking, it would make sense that it would be treated as part of the weapon's kit--[/spoiler]
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #509 on: June 09, 2009, 05:32:53 PM »
[spoiler]
I had been wondering all this time how the hell you were planning on firing it!  :lol
Mounted on the back of the mule ofcourse :D

:lmao[/spoiler]

Neull//

« Reply #510 on: June 09, 2009, 09:10:40 PM »

Max waits for John to get to hut 15 in order to cover the area and then he follows him
Hide: 6
Move silently: 11
Spot: 17
Listen: 9
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2110397/

jacemachine