Author Topic: The Lounge  (Read 159796 times)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: The Lounge
« Reply #920 on: November 18, 2009, 08:58:27 PM »
If it makes you feel better i thought Russo was using Maroon.

i can easily pick another color There are 14 to choose from, i think 1 should be free.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #921 on: November 18, 2009, 09:11:45 PM »
NO!  ALL MINE!!!!  :evillaugh
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #922 on: November 18, 2009, 09:23:25 PM »
NO!  ALL MINE!!!!  :evillaugh

If only he didn't have that buffalo gun i might be willing to argue with him.  :lol
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #923 on: November 18, 2009, 09:42:59 PM »
NO!  ALL MINE!!!!  :evillaugh

If only he didn't have that buffalo gun i might be willing to argue with him.  :lol

If you go with beige I'll use it on you too, that color hurts my eyes.   :P
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #924 on: November 19, 2009, 06:12:51 AM »
red seems untaken though it's a bit garish. purple also good an I don't think anybody is using orange though if your heart is set on brown russo don't mind changing
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
New Poll Open to Anybody--
« Reply #925 on: November 19, 2009, 02:04:41 PM »
I'm gathering opinions on the name of this Biker Gang I'm going to put into this upcoming Web Comic I'm going to do. I want you to choose your favorite from those choices presented. Please consider that this is a PhobiaVerse version of the Hells Angels.

Thanks in advance!
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #926 on: November 19, 2009, 02:06:09 PM »
Don't feel the need to wait on j0lt to respond to Flay before you post, unless you feel it will directly affect your actions-- j0lt will post in about 8-12 hours likely.
Current PbP Games

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: New Poll Open to Anybody--
« Reply #927 on: November 19, 2009, 02:51:20 PM »
I'm gathering opinions on the name of this Biker Gang I'm going to put into this upcoming Web Comic I'm going to do. I want you to choose your favorite from those choices presented. Please consider that this is a PhobiaVerse version of the Hells Angels.

Thanks in advance!

I picked Sons of Asgard but have a few variations to toss at you too.
Asgard's A-holes (just because you were a great warrior didn't mean anyone liked you)
Roll'n Thunder (must have loud pipes on them)
Bifrost Breakers (requires a bit more knowledge but cool none the less)
Niflhel's Valkyries (direct equivalent of hells angels  :D)

Oh BTW i love Norse mythology so this is one of those things that gets the brain going.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #928 on: November 19, 2009, 03:13:38 PM »
Don't feel the need to wait on j0lt to respond to Flay before you post, unless you feel it will directly affect your actions-- j0lt will post in about 8-12 hours likely.
Oooooh, trust me, I have time to wait.... probably gonna be able to post next late friday night, PST 10:45 maybe? Just as a heads up. No rest for the wicked, all that jazz....

By the by, the Dresden Files are fucking amazing, and I need to play World of Darkness. Now.

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #929 on: November 19, 2009, 03:49:02 PM »
Yeah, LOVES me some Dresden.

Mage and Demon were the only WoD games I liked personally. I like Monte Cooks d20 WoD MUCH better. The magic system in McWoD is unrivaled.
Current PbP Games

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #930 on: November 20, 2009, 03:31:51 PM »
Man, I've gone through the first 6 dresden in a week and a half, my bag has Dead Beat in it now. I've only played a short intro to mage to get the rules down, and apparently my roomies husband is making a vamp game. Now I need to read THAT 300+ pg rulebook too, lol.

In game though, we doing watch like last night?

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #931 on: November 20, 2009, 04:25:17 PM »
No reason not to for the watch. If everyone is done with the making camp posts, we can get rolling into the night. If you aren't sure where you are in the watch lemme know. If you would like to change your place in the watch rotation for any reason do so In-Character.

Yeah, I started reading Dresden back during the time I had the flu a couple of months ago. My girlfriend had been a fan years earlier, and owned the entire collection, give or take 2 she couldn't find (I graciously repurchased those missing titles for myself during my read through.) I love how everything just constantly builds. It's like a pressure cooker, and it the stakes ever-increasing ad to the tension. Love it!

In the Mage game I played a "reformed" ex-con car thief. He was one of those Euthanatos fate/luck/death mages. In a perfect illustration as to why playing RPGs in a all-access game store environment isn't necessarily the best choice for cohesive group experiences...

Another player, for no reason other than that he was bored and "felt like it" set a bomb on a car that was located relatively close to the group as we discussed our future plans.

The bomb blew up, injuring most of us, and killing the new player who had literally just finished creating his PC.

The party split up in different directions in order to hunt this other guy down who had in the meantime holed-up in his home.

With the Mage magic system I was able to fire my pistol into the guys front window, the fire from the combustion of gunpowder rode the bullet into the home, where my Luck powers allowed the bullet to ricochet into his very explosive chemicals. His house go boom. Another player was on the roof of a building in the alley behind his house with a high powered sniper rifle. Had I failed he would not have.

Good times.

The Demon PC I played with that same group is actually the same character as the Demon you guys have encountered tales of so far. Distilled into d20.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:41:27 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #932 on: November 20, 2009, 04:48:49 PM »
The one time I got to play mage i basically made Lou Kang. It wasn't a very good experience just because the storyteller was an ass. I basically got screwed the first time i used a spell because he didn't explain how powerful each number of success would make a spell. So in trying to kill a bum on a bench he decided i took out half of central park and almost killed the entire group. He had also already railroaded us into bargaining our souls away for nothing, we didn't get much of a choice since we couldn't just say no and walk away.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #933 on: November 20, 2009, 04:52:48 PM »
The one time I got to play mage i basically made Lou Kang. It wasn't a very good experience just because the storyteller was an ass. I basically got screwed the first time i used a spell because he didn't explain how powerful each number of success would make a spell. So in trying to kill a bum on a bench he decided i took out half of central park and almost killed the entire group. He had also already railroaded us into bargaining our souls away for nothing, we didn't get much of a choice since we couldn't just say no and walk away.
That's when you walk away in real life ;)

I'll be back tomorrow, guys.
I'm too sleep deprived right now to post anything useful IC right now, sorry.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #934 on: November 20, 2009, 05:02:22 PM »

Well i didn't walk away at that time, but the whole group quit the game by the end of the session due to his asshatery. I got my revenge about a year later though, he slept with my girlfriend at the time so i dumped her after i whipped his ass (i'm sure it is embarrassing to get beat by someone who is less than half your size) and got him fired (he was working at the same fast food place as I was at the time and it was more important to keep me than him).

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #935 on: November 20, 2009, 05:08:17 PM »

Well i didn't walk away at that time, but the whole group quit the game by the end of the session due to his asshatery. I got my revenge about a year later though, he slept with my girlfriend at the time so i dumped her after i whipped his ass (i'm sure it is embarrassing to get beat by someone who is less than half your size) and got him fired (he was working at the same fast food place as I was at the time and it was more important to keep me than him).

I guess sometimes revenge can be sweet...
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine