Author Topic: The Lounge  (Read 160152 times)

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
Re: The Lounge
« Reply #560 on: July 07, 2009, 01:18:41 PM »
Haha, love the Han Solo reference you managed to sneak in, Jace :D

I do what I can!  ;)

Oh! check this out if you haven't seen it already!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzZBerSu0_k

and this one:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idCmreb2V9s
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:21:45 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #561 on: July 07, 2009, 02:00:41 PM »
We definitely need to start a campaign like that, that was awesome :D

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #562 on: July 07, 2009, 04:59:38 PM »
That would be a pretty damn intense game-- that's for sure-- Zombies really require called-shot rules to work well though-- it's just that I haven't really found any that I like enough.

Zombie games, IMHO, don't really have any lasting appeal-- unless of course the GM had a really good story behind it all-- but a zombie game for the sake of a zombie game-- it gets old...

I ran one tabletop for my Black Isle group. It was based off the adventure module that comes packaged with the ALL FLESH MUST BE EATEN Zombie Master's Screen. I converted it to modern. The players rolled up some basic characters, and off we went. The main issue that I had with my own personal boredom levels, was that it was the same encounters... again and again.

I think that if I was to do it all over again, I'd spend a LOT more time revising the scenario and the zombies alike--
Current PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #563 on: July 07, 2009, 06:12:49 PM »
I was going to say something completely different Bowen...and then I decided that Richard really doesn't like you.   :fu
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #564 on: July 07, 2009, 06:13:57 PM »
I was going to say something completely different Bowen...and then I decided that Richard really doesn't like you.   :fu

LOL!!!! I love it when character's don't really get along-- it creates such a beautiful story tapestry!
Current PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #565 on: July 07, 2009, 06:17:32 PM »

LOL!!!! I love it when character's don't really get along-- it creates such a beautiful story tapestry!

Exactly :D

And I can totally see where Dick's coming from, so keep doing what you're doing :)

And no, I won't refer to him as 'Dick' ingame :P

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #566 on: July 07, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »
I have enough problems with "Dave".   :P
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #567 on: July 07, 2009, 06:20:56 PM »
That wasn't me though ;)

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #568 on: July 08, 2009, 02:18:38 AM »
That would be a pretty damn intense game-- that's for sure-- Zombies really require called-shot rules to work well though-- it's just that I haven't really found any that I like enough.
I've been working on some that I'll post up later once I've worked out a few more details.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #569 on: July 08, 2009, 05:52:29 AM »
Haha, great minds think alike :P

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #570 on: July 08, 2009, 05:56:27 AM »
Alright, I've got the first rendition of my d20 Modern overhaul posted up, including a called shot rule.
You can find 'em here: j0lt's d20 Modern Revision
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #571 on: July 08, 2009, 07:55:48 AM »
I've been working on some that I'll post up later once I've worked out a few more details.

this is a set that I have been working with for the past three years, it works well it's just that little bit fiddly

CALLED SHOTS
Note:These rules are technically not only for guns, but as these rules will often come up in gun battles, I decided to include them in this thread.

When making a called shot against a target, one applies a bonus AC to the target based on the targets limb size. For a humanoid shaped character, an arm or leg is two sizes smaller than the character (and uses the appropriate size modifier), and the head, hands, and feat are three sizes smaller than the character (and use the appropriate size modifiers as well). For example, a medium sized humanoid character has tiny arms and legs (which grants them an AC bonus of +2) and diminutive hands, feet, and head (which grants them an AC bonus of +4). For creatures with odd shapes, the GM may make changes to this size-shift as deemed appropriate (though a GM should always keep balance in mind).

The effects of a called shot depend on the limb targeted. To determine the effects caused by a called shot along with the save type and save DC to avoid said effect see the table bellow.

Code:
Appendage   Save Type   Save DC            Effect On Failed Save
Arm      Will      10 + 1 per 2hp dealt over 10    Stacking -1 to attacks and skill checks that use the damaged arm

Leg      Will      10 + 1 per 2hp dealt over 10   Stacking 5 foot penalty to movement rate, and stacking -1 penalty to skill checks that use the legs.

Head      Fort      Damage Dealt          Drop to -1 HP (or 0 VP if one is using the WP/VP system. If a character already has 0 VP, then the attack instead deals +1 WP per weapon damage die).

Hand      Refl      20 + 1 per 2hp dealt over 20   Stacking -1 to attacks and skill checks that use the damaged hand.
Foot      Refl      20 + 1 per 2hp dealt over 20   Stacking 5 foot penalty to movement rate, and stacking -1 penalty to skill checks that use the feet.

Special: If a target fails its save against a leg or foot called shot by more than 5 points, the target also drops prone. If a target fails its save against an arm or hand called shot by more than 5 points, the target also drops any item held by that limb.

Any target that is immune to critical hits is also immune to the effects of called shots. A target with more than 2 legs gets a +1 bonus to saves, per extra leg (over 2), against the effects of leg or foot called shots.

Anyone making a called shot untrained takes an additional -4 to their attack roll. Characters may take the improved ranged called shot or improved melee called shot feats to alleviate this penalty.

NEW FEATS

Improved Ranged Called Shot
You are incredibly skilled at aiming at specific locations of a targets body with a ranged weapon. You are almost as likely to hit a target when aiming at a specific body part as you are when you aim at their center mass.
Benefit: You no longer take a -4 to attack rolls when making called shots with any ranged weapon with which you are proficient.
Prerequisites: Point blank shot, Precise shot, Far shot, Dead aim.

Improved Melee Called Shot
You are incredibly skilled at hitting specific locations of a targets body with a melee weapon. You are almost as likely to hit a target when aiming at a specific body part as you are when you aim at their center mass.
Benefit When making a called shot with a melee weapon with which you are proficient and have weapon focus you no longer take a -4 to attack rolls.
Prerequisites: Simple weapons proficiency, Weapon focus, Precise strike (d20 Urban Arcana).

Removing the Effects of Arm, Leg, Hand, and Foot Called Shots: Each time a called shot places a negative effect on a target, the target should mark down that effect with the amount of damage that caused that effect. When that amount of damage is healed, the effect disappears. A target that suffers from multiple effects must heal damage for each effect separately to remove the effect. Effects should always be removed in order of least amount of damage done to greatest.

though I do like j0lt's headshot by taking massive damage rather than just -1. makes a headshot more survivable which is always a plus
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:58:48 AM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #572 on: July 08, 2009, 04:20:19 PM »
Makes a headshot... more survivable....... ?.....

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #573 on: July 08, 2009, 04:25:27 PM »
Taking shotgun blasts to the face and loving it :P

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #574 on: July 08, 2009, 09:07:30 PM »
....yeah I should have thought that through a few times before posting it
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #575 on: July 08, 2009, 10:57:09 PM »
Behold Jacemachine, I Tommy have spoken  :lmao

So which campaign are you about to start running again?
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

jacemachine