Author Topic: Truly optimizing Invisible Spell.  (Read 7939 times)

Heliomance

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Truly optimizing Invisible Spell.
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 11:12:53 PM »
Depends... is his name Chuck? Because if so, he chucks an awful lot.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 12:35:41 AM »
Cast invisible invisibility on invisible invisible stalkers.

If the effects of Invisibility are rendered invisible, wouldn't the result be a visible creature?

Well, that's why you cast it on an invisible invisible stalker, silly.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

18DELTA

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 12:59:07 AM »
What book is this feat in?

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 01:00:34 AM »
Cityscape, IIRC...

18DELTA

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 01:02:18 AM »
Cityscape, IIRC...
I see.  ;) The book I dont have. :mad...yet.  :smirk Thanks.  :)

rubberduck

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • my stuff
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 12:25:14 PM »
How much wood would a woodchucker chuck, if a woodchucker could chuck wood?
[spoiler]
Some say it depends on three factors:

The woodchuck's desire to chuck said wood.

The woodchuck's need to chuck the aforementioned wood.

The woodchuck's ability to chuck the wood.

Others say:

He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

If he could chuck wood, the woodchuck would chuck as much as he could!

A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

A woodchuck would chuck all the wood that the woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would and should chuck wood. But if woodchucks can't chuck wood, they shouldn't and wouldn't chuck wood. Though were I a woodchuck, and I chucked wood, I would chuck wood with the best woodchucks that chucked wood.

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, then s/he'd chuck all the wood, s/he'd chuck and chuck and chuck and chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

It would chuck the amount of wood that she sells seashells on the seashore divided by how many pickles Peter Piper picks.

One quarter of a sycamore if you give him a quarter for every quarter of the sycamore he cut.

It might depend on how many female woodchucks were present. Or, it could depend on whether the woodchuck's mother-in-law was around or not. If she was, he'd be chucking all day. If not, he'd be watching the football game.

Some maintain that woodchucks could not and would not chuck wood at all.

It depends on how good his dentures are!

A woodchuck, would chuck, as much wood, as a woodchuck, could chuck, If a woodchuck could chuck wood. But unfortunately, woodchucks do not chuck wood.

About 5.72 fluid litres of wood

About as many boards as the Mongol hoards would hoard if the Mongol hordes did hoard boards.

Um....... 23????

Tons. More than you can count. Honestly. No one can chuck more would than a woodchuck.

If the woodchucks name was Maurice, then it could chuck all the wood that it wants to. However, if its name is Frank, no chucking would be for it.

Due to the average size of a wood chuck and the general density of wood (not including cork) if a wood chuck could chuck wood it would probably get through about 6.573 pounds per day, assuming the wood chuck is functioning correctly.

Using the formula: (W + I) * C where W = the constant of wood, which is well known to be 61, as agreed in many scientific circles. I = the variable in this equation, and stands for the word "if" from the original problem. As there are three circumstances, with 0 equaling the chance that the woodchuck cannot chuck wood, 1 being the theory that the woodchuck can chuck wood but chooses not to, and 2 standing for the probability that the woodchuck can and will chuck wood, we clearly must choose 2 for use in this equation. C = the constant of Chuck Norris, whose presence in any problem involving the word chuck must there, is well known to equal 1.1 of any known being, therefore the final part of this calculation is 1.1. As is clear, this appears to give the answer of (61 + 2) * 1.1 = (63) * 1.1 = 69.3. However, Chuck Norris' awesome roundhouse kick declares that all decimal points cannot be used in formulas such as this, and so it must be rounded to the final solution of 69 units of wood.

How Chuck Norris got involved

A woodchuck would only chuck as much would as Chuck Norris would allow it to, because the woodchuck shares Chuck's name. Therefore, Chuck must punish it and make it chuck as much wood as Chuck can. So, a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as Chuck could.

None cuz a wood chuck cant chuck wood! :P

Approximately 3.9675 pounds every 5.6843 seconds. So there.

2.865 lbs every 11.3686 Seconds?

About 15 pounds a minute.

i speak differently i say WHAT DOES YOUR QUESTION HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING! and btw its 84% lol
[/spoiler]

apart from that invisible spell is wonderful with summon monster and similar spells as well as all evocation conjuration spells

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 12:31:03 PM by rubberduck »
best online-comics i know: http://lfgcomic.com/ http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com
Looking for players? http://spielerzentrale.de/

me fail english? that's unpossible!
fear my new god! DARTH GOKUVERINE
poor literacy is kewl

rubberduck

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • my stuff
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 12:28:07 PM »
double post sorry
best online-comics i know: http://lfgcomic.com/ http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com
Looking for players? http://spielerzentrale.de/

me fail english? that's unpossible!
fear my new god! DARTH GOKUVERINE
poor literacy is kewl

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 02:42:58 PM »
I just had a thought: Can you disbelieve a shadow illusion if you can't see it?

I had this idea of a SCM that uses shadow illusion modified by invisible spell to shadow illusion up some Forcecages. Since you can't see it, you can't make a will save to disbelieve it, can you?

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 03:14:41 PM »
by that logic the forcecage doesn't work, cause they can't see it. isn't that half the point with shadow illusions?  :D
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 03:21:57 PM »
I just had a thought: Can you disbelieve a shadow illusion if you can't see it?

I had this idea of a SCM that uses shadow illusion modified by invisible spell to shadow illusion up some Forcecages. Since you can't see it, you can't make a will save to disbelieve it, can you?

Interacting with the illusion doesn't have to be visual.  If you're in a cage, you're eventually walk into the wall of the cage.  Then if your will save is high enough... you can convince yourself that there IS no wall.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Zombieboots

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Ska-ull
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 03:53:18 PM »
Invisible Summon Monster is super easy.
Huh, Invisible Summon Monster. Invisible Gate. Makes me wonder what choice sneak attacking creatures there are out there.

Isn't there a trick to "Gate" in you own party members?
Ah! Maddness. Thank you.[spoiler][/spoiler]

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009, 03:43:15 AM »
Though a summoned creature is an effect, a gated creature is not. The gating of the creature with or without its consent is the effect; the gate just would be invisible and the creature would appear from nowhere.

In a similar vein, I contend that spells without Effect lines, such as polymorph, alter self and fabricate, do not make the target invisible. The best that I could say is that if polymorphing into a dragon would be invisible, you'd look like yourself but have the statistics of a creature of your type polymorphed into a dragon. But as I said, I think that the spells aren't eligible.

Fabricating an invisible wall of iron into invisible weaponry, perhaps even into an invisible iron golem, is still valid, but not the fabrication itself. The items are not the effect, transforming the items is the effect.

This has some broken to it anyway, IMO. I mean invisible instantaneous spells (the aforementioned walls of iron/stone), invisible acid/solid fog (or most any cloud spell really), invisible simulacrum, and most especially invisible clone (as woodenbandman said in his OP) spring up as really good. A non-dispellable form of invisibility via invisible clone could be literally to die for as a rogue, although you'd be the invisible man...forever.
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
Invisible spell shenanigans
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2009, 08:16:46 PM »
Cityscape (p. 61) provides us with this pearl. Long story short, it makes all the effects of the spell invisible. This has been discussed before, but I could not find the old thread, so I started a new to see if we can get any decent combos.

This thing is a no-brainer for summoners, especially since it's +0 level adjustment. How about an Invisible Revivify? How does that work? BFC spells can be quite awesome as well and casting Polymorph with this should mean you can be any creature you want, but still look like yourself.

Any others?

Handy Links

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Invisible spell shenanigans
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2009, 08:18:23 PM »
Here is the old thread.

Mods, you know what to do. :p
 :sofa
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2009, 08:28:36 PM »
Threads were merged for being the same topic. Thanks, Prime32
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2009, 08:30:32 PM »
Thanks to both of you. Maybe I mistyped my search entry?

Handy Links