Author Topic: Fandango Sued  (Read 1378 times)

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Fandango Sued
« on: March 21, 2009, 04:28:13 AM »
I found this amusing.  I got an e-mail saying that Fandango's parent company (Webloyalty.com) got sued apparently because they signed customers up for programs they didn't consent to.

Proof, not required reading: http://www.webmarketingsettlement.com/

...and here I thought they were just a shitty online ticket broker, and of course I canceled my account with them ~5 minutes after registering (required in order to buy tickets).

Just thought I'd post this here since we've got a lot of movie fans on the forum.  If any of you use Fandango, let this be a warning... DON'T.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Fandango Sued
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 07:38:17 AM »
I think I bought tickets from them once and they've spammed me ever since then for fucking YEARS.  If it weren't for friends insisting I'd have said screw it and took my chances at the ticket counter.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Re: Fandango Sued
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:11:11 AM »
I think I bought tickets from them once and they've spammed me ever since then for fucking YEARS.  If it weren't for friends insisting I'd have said screw it and took my chances at the ticket counter.
I hear ya on that.  The Dark Knight has a midnight showing and we just have to buy tickets in advance... crap, cutting it off here, I'm almost into mad-foam berranter mode.