Author Topic: Wait, Half-Elves are actually good in this edition?  (Read 2700 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Wait, Half-Elves are actually good in this edition?
« on: September 29, 2010, 01:00:00 AM »
At least starting out.

Why, you ask? Because they're like humans, where they get to select one extra power at level 1. Unlike the human's extra at will from their class, half-elves get an at-will from any class as an encounter power.

So you can mix and match as you please.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Wait, Half-Elves are actually good in this edition?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 03:25:39 PM »
They also make good Warlocks too. Too bad Warlocks aren't as powerful as they are cool in concept.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Re: Wait, Half-Elves are actually good in this edition?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »
Half-Elf bards can fill every role after awhile.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self