Author Topic: The Land with no Stars  (Read 36830 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: The Land with no Stars
« Reply #320 on: October 05, 2009, 03:19:26 PM »
[spoiler]Ok. Now, this is purely hypothetical, but would it be possible, while holding onto the blackspawn, to use it as a meat shield between me and the bloodhulks? Just sort of interpose the blackspawn to absorb any hits? It's not the best idea, just wanted to know if it would work. :D
 Honestly, I'm only grabbing him because he has a penchant for getting away from us. He hasn't really taken any significant damage yet, and I've only got a few more rounds of usefulness. I either can't waste those tracking him down, or can't waste them simply holding on to him hoping Bowen can kill him with a single breath attack (to which I am immune, thanks to his Endure Elements), since it's not that strong.

They'd suffer the 50% chance of hitting one of you, as per the Grapple rules. A 50% miss chance isn't that bad really.

[/spoiler]

Instead of holding the Blackspawn to the ground, Sevra's battle fury takes over, itching for victory. She releases the creature into the area immediately between her and her nearest comrade so as to flank the monster, and brings down the full force of her claws upon the it.

[spoiler]Free action to release the blackspawn, possibly necessitating a 5 foot move for flanking position purposes, I'm not sure. Then Full Attack against it. This bugger needs to go down.

Attacks:
1d20(10)+10=20+2=22
1d20(15)+8=23+2=25
1d20(14)+8=22+2=24
1d20(7)+8=15+2=17

Damage:
1d4(4)+8=12
1d4(2)+8=10
1d4(1)+8=9
1d4(1)+8=9

Total damage= 40

Sevra's claws tear into the blackspawn, and it falls to the ground unconscious.

He's merely dying (-6 HP overall). You've got time if you wanted to catch him alive. Bloodhulks spend their actions moving closer at 20ft/move action (they were 70ft away). They'll be within 30ft of you guys by the end of this round.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #321 on: October 10, 2009, 07:47:17 PM »
Bowen: It's Arytiss' action, and the Blackspawn's BW has worn off.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #322 on: October 10, 2009, 08:48:02 PM »
[spoiler]Yeah, time to take those ugly abominations down with some fiery death!  :D[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #323 on: October 11, 2009, 07:03:27 AM »
Moving around the tree and towards the undead abominations Arytiss unleashes a powerful blast of breath.

[spoiler]Try to catch both of the blood hulks, if that's not possible just take care of the one closest (and maintain as much distance between it and me as possible without being in the Blackspawn's breathing distance. (think we can get a new map, Sinfire?)

Fire damage, Power Surge for +1 DC, Entangling Exhalation and Clinging Breath.

Damage: 7 divided by 2 (Entangling Exhalation)= 3 Fire damage in a 30 ft. line. or 15ft. cone, whichever gets both Bloodhulks.
Ref DC 19 for half damage.
Entangling Exhalation: any creature that takes damage from my Breath Weapon becomes entangled and takes an extra 1d6 points of damage, of the same energy type as normally dealt by my Breath Weapon (Fire), each round at the start of my turn. This effect lasts for 1d4 rounds.
Duration: 1d4=2 rounds.
Clinging Breath: Draconomicon p.67-68; Lasts for 1 round, deals half of original damage in round after you breath (1 Fire damage, or 1 Fire damage if the opponent made it's Ref save), foe can take full-round action to attempt to remove the clinging breath weapon before taking any additional damage. Succesful Ref save DC 19 to remove the effect, rolling on the ground adds +2.
Recharge time: 1+2=3 rounds.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 07:04:59 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #324 on: October 20, 2009, 06:25:19 PM »
[spoiler]Not sure if it's the bloodhulks' turn or bogsnes's, but it's not mine and it's not Bowen's, so.... yeah. >_>   <_<

On a side note, I know Sinfire's been busy lately. Wanted to post to make sure this board doesn't get prematurely retired.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #325 on: October 22, 2009, 10:53:17 PM »
[spoiler]Not sure if it's the bloodhulks' turn or bogsnes's, but it's not mine and it's not Bowen's, so.... yeah. >_>   <_<

On a side note, I know Sinfire's been busy lately. Wanted to post to make sure this board doesn't get prematurely retired.[/spoiler]

I actually forgot who's turn it was...

And reading through, it's still Bowen's, I just need to make a reflex save for the bloodhulks to fix that. On that note, an 19 for one and a15 for the other (with the second bloodhulk being the failure).

Both undead get somewhat ensnared by the fiery blast, but one seems better off. The other, now trapped again, struggles fruitlessly.

Bloodhulk 1 will take its actions after Fecerak's turn.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #326 on: October 23, 2009, 10:44:03 AM »
[spoiler]I shall move up to the the colsest bloodhulk.
My poor tumbling attemp my get me hit: 1d20+8=14
Then I will proceed to tripping the undead I just approached: 1d20+2=11
1d20+9=18

Thus the undead might fall to my ultimate power.[/spoiler]