Author Topic: The Land with no Stars  (Read 36950 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: The Land with no Stars
« Reply #220 on: July 06, 2009, 03:17:42 PM »
[spoiler]Init: 1d20+3=11

Yeesh.  :rollseyes[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: July 06, 2009, 03:31:49 PM »
Arytiss: 11
Sevra: 11
Fecerak: 21
Blackspawn: 17
Bloodhulk 1: 17
Bloodhulk 2: 11

Surprise Round: Fecerak, Blackspawn, Arytiss, Sevra. Both Bloodhulks are unaware. Start rolling dice, Bogsnes. You have a choice: Two Jump checks at a DC 4 each, or a single Tumble check at a DC 12 to completely ignore the campfire's slant and divot.

Edit: My bad, you don't have a running start, so the DC for both Jump checks is 8.

Edit 2: DC 15 Balance check also works, according to Crystal Keep.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:18:06 PM by Sinfire Titan »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: July 07, 2009, 07:35:58 PM »
[spoiler]I take the tumble checks (too lazy to make TWO checks :P )
And that was truly a mistake -_- http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2152450/ ... a two? WTF?
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: July 07, 2009, 10:18:56 PM »
And that was truly a mistake -_- http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2152450/ ... a two? WTF?
[/spoiler]

IP can boost that, or is that after IP?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2009, 02:06:28 AM »
[spoiler]
-------------------------------------
Hmm, damn, if only you could take swift actions in a surprise round, I could get everything done that I need to, and it's too late to say I prepped my blink shirt with extra essentia. And I so wanted to just teleport next to those bloodhulks and catch them unawares. :D

Anyway, when my turn comes up, I'll shift and rage, then jump down to where the bloodhulks are.

Jump:
1d20+10=29

Thank god I didn't land on my ass.  :p
-------------------------------------
[/spoiler]

Sevra quickly eyes her opponents, sizing them up against eachother as a challenge. Figuring that Fecerak and Arytiss would want to take out the blackspawn first, she narrows her gaze upon the undead abominations lumbering nearby.

'This is going to get ugly...', Sevra thinks, but immediately steels herself against doubt and draws in her strength, releasing it in a torrent of both fury and focus on one thing- tearing the horrible blood-bags to shreds.
As the adrenaline kicks in, Sevra grabs the tree branches beside her and uses them to launch herself toward the bloodhulks, managing to easily land in front of them. Bearing all four sets of claws, Sevra readies herself to let the blood, quite literally, flow freely.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2009, 06:11:43 AM »
With a mighty roar Arytiss steps out of his cover, revealing his full draconic form to his foes so that they may know they will be vanquished by the disciples of Bahamut.

As he opens his mouth a stream of fire erupts and engulfs his enemies.

[spoiler]5ft step south-west, use class breath weapon in a 30ft. line, originating from my square, over the square of the southern bloodhulk (who do I catch this way, both bloodhulks, or just the southern most hulk and the spawn, or all three?) and ending two squares south of the southern most bloodhulk (hope that made some sense...)

Fire damage, Power Surge for +1 DC, Entangling Exhalation and Clinging Breath.

Damage: 12 divided by 2 (Entangling Exhalation)= 6 Fire damage in a 30 ft. line.
Ref DC 19 for half damage.
Entangling Exhalation: any creature that takes damage from my Breath Weapon becomes entangled and takes an extra 1d6 points of damage, of the same energy type as normally dealt by my Breath Weapon (Fire), each round at the start of my turn. This effect lasts for 1d4 rounds.
Duration: 1d4=3 rounds.
Clinging Breath: Draconomicon p.67-68; Lasts for 1 round, deals half of original damage in round after you breath (3 Fire damage, or 1 Fire damage if the opponent made it's Ref save), foe can take full-round action to attempt to remove the clinging breath weapon before taking any additional damage. Succesful Ref save DC 19 to remove the effect, rolling on the ground adds +2.
Recharge time: 1+2=3 rounds.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 06:13:25 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2009, 07:26:21 AM »
[/spoiler]

IP can boost that, or is that after IP?

No, I think I'll have to do it before the check, not very sure though...

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2009, 08:04:18 AM »
Yep, you have to decide to use it before the check.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2009, 01:14:29 PM »
5ft step south-west, use class breath weapon in a 30ft. line, originating from my square, over the square of the southern bloodhulk (who do I catch this way, both bloodhulks, or just the southern most hulk and the spawn, or all three?) and ending two squares south of the southern most bloodhulk (hope that made some sense...)

You mean the Southwest corner of your space, pointing it due South to hit all three with one blast? It wouldn't anchor them, just basic entangling (they'd be able to move at half speed instead of being stuck in place). You would be aiming the line between spaces, and the RAW doesn't say what would happen. Were you one more space to the West, you could hit all three.

Your choice here Bowen. Full Entanglement on 1 minor threat or 2 bigger threats (you've been on the receiving end of a Bloodhulk's slam attack before and know that they are hardy, even for an undead, and Sevra is now adjacent to one of the Bloodhulks).

Sevra: Ends the Surprise Round in one of the spaces North of Hulk 1, right? I assume the one in the right-hand corner, nearest to your space, as your Jump check hits 14ft due to lack of a running start (or do you want the space across from the Blackspawn?)

Fecerak: I take it you are just going to move up to him, seeing as the partial charge failed due to difficult terrain.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2009, 01:18:23 PM »
Thanks for the clarification :)

I'll go for full entanglement on the 2 Bloodhulks then.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #230 on: July 10, 2009, 03:06:36 PM »
[spoiler]One space diagonal (NE) from the closer bloodhulk is fine.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #231 on: July 13, 2009, 07:11:10 PM »
Not appreciating the appearance of a third opponent, the Blackspawn's left hand instinctively darts for its right bracer, revealing a number of small flasks attached to its arm by thin straps of leather. It downs a flask of a light blue liquid, disappearing as it does.

Blackspawn has consumed a potion, and become invisible (go figure). This ends the surprise round. Round 1's Init list:

Fecerak: 21
Blackspawn: 17
Bloodhulk 1: 17
Sevra: 11
Arytiss: 11
Bloodhulk 2: 11

Sevra's Dex is higher than Arytiss', so priority goes to her when that number rolls around. Likewise, the Blackspawn's actions happen before Bloodhulk 1. I'll post an updated map soon, 'till then it's Fecerak's turn.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: The Land with no Stars News Update
« Reply #232 on: July 16, 2009, 01:23:26 PM »
Bad news guys: I no longer have a map maker program. The hard drive to my main computer got fried last night during a power outage (damn Florida!), so I need to find another way to make a map.

The good news is I still have a way to post (work comp), I just don't have mapmaking abilities. Think we can put up with the lack of map for a while?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #233 on: July 16, 2009, 01:34:48 PM »
Should work for now, we can keep the last map update as a reference, just posting where we move next in chess style (a-4, f-8 etc.)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2009, 08:59:25 PM »
I concur with Bowen.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: July 23, 2009, 04:17:21 PM »
Bump ???

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #236 on: July 23, 2009, 08:03:16 PM »
Bump ???

Been waiting on Bogsnes to post his actions.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: July 24, 2009, 06:18:47 AM »
From what I gathered from another thread he won't have access to a computer for the next couple of weeks...

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #238 on: July 24, 2009, 01:46:56 PM »
looks like I can use it actually, at least today and tomorrow...

I'll try to charge someone that isn't is still flat-footed, do I need to make any checks for that?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #239 on: July 24, 2009, 06:55:56 PM »
looks like I can use it actually, at least today and tomorrow...

I'll try to charge someone that isn't is still flat-footed, do I need to make any checks for that?

Not enough distance to charge, but a 5ft step gets you adjacent to a Bloodhulk.

Edit: Unless you didn't complete the charge action last turn, in which case you can from the top-right corner of the campfire. Just take 10 on a Balance check and you are set.

[spoiler][/spoiler]