Author Topic: The Land with no Stars  (Read 36948 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: The Land with no Stars
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2009, 04:32:20 AM »
Do keep in mind the way negative HP works in this game. Rage Claws+Dragonic Aura (Vigor) will mean practical Immortality for you, Venn.

To bad by RAW I can't get my hands on the Vigor Aura ;)

That's what Cohorts and level dips are for. And house rules. I'll allow the Vigor aura through the Dragonic Aura. It's a very useful ability, and this party needs what help it can get.
[spoiler]
Well, he'd have to get it through a feat or by dipping into Dragon Shaman. And I really have no room myself in my build anymore for more feats. At least, not until it's too late. :/ [/spoiler]

Sevra stretches all four arms as she finishes preparing for the day. Gone is the white, lupine mask, revealing Sevra's natural face. Though uncovered, it holds the same look of determination and fierceness inherent in the mask.

Hmm, yes Arytiss. I am feeling much better thanks to our allies here. I've no clue what those abominations were, but they reeked of evil. We knew it would be dangerous out here, but we've got to be much more careful now that we know what, at the very least, we must contend with. Today, Tenrai lends me greater strength than the day before, and for her and everyone else, we shall achieve victory. I must not fail her, or any of you. That is my word, and I always keep my word.

The shifter helps the others in the travelling party to pack up.

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2009, 11:52:46 AM »
[spoiler]Note to self: Prepare Grease today for gods sake...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I prepare grease :P[/spoiler]

Fecerak helps packing up before he goes to sleep.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2009, 12:10:43 PM »
[spoiler]I think we fast-forwarded (is that even a word? :P) sleepy time and it's morning again.

And yeah, Grease is a pretty good idea :P[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2009, 01:51:48 PM »
[spoiler]By the way, if it wasn't already abundantly clear, I shaped the Girallon Arms, Blink Shirt, and THE GODDAMNED RAGECLAWS.

:lmao[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2009, 04:11:51 PM »
Now you understand why Eisin never unshaped those things. Die Hard is some good.

Rundas motions for the three of you to step aside. It's pretty clear he's concerned for the carvan's morale. Could I talk you three into scouting ahead a bit? From what we saw last night, you three have a physical advantage over the others, and we need to put that to good use. We'll give you a 20 minute head-start, and make sure you have the proper equipment to take care of yourselves with. In exchange, I want you three to make sure nothing like those undead show up and startle the others. I don't think they can stand another scare like that. He has several wands and scrolls on him, at least one of which you recognize from last night, and a number of other mundane items.

The "scrolls" are Lesser Schemas of select spells (mostly control spells). The wands are mostly healing and long-term buffs like Mage Armor.

2 Eternal Wands of Greater Shield
1 Wand of Impeding Stones
3 Schemas of Lesser Restoration
2 Wands of Lesser Vigor (one partially used)
1 Eternal Wand of Entangle
2 Wands of Enlarge Person (Under the effect of the Fortify Spell Metamagic feat, effectively a 2nd level wand each)

The mundane items are mostly stuff like chalk, rope, rations, etc. I'll sift through the A&EG and Dungeonscape for appropriate items.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2009, 08:28:47 PM »
"If you believe you will be safe from ambush, then I would be privileged to scout ahead for you. I'm sure my companions here would agree; Preparing for the dangers ahead is vital to your safety."

Sevra bows before Rundas, and once her companions are set and packed, she begins the trek forward as part of the scouting party.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2009, 06:25:18 AM »
"I agree with the lady, scouting could provide us with an advantage we might need, and if nothing else protect you and your companions from further surprise attacks."

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2009, 07:55:15 AM »
"I agree as well."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2009, 08:52:35 PM »

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2009, 03:39:10 AM »
[spoiler]Spot, Listen, Hide, Move Silently:
1d20=16, 1d20+6=11, 1d20+3=11, 1d20+3=20
[/spoiler]

The Spot check helps. Thanks for that. I'll just roll Bowen's and Bogsnes' to speed things up.

In other news, I finally got internet at my house again. I even have a computer set up with everything I need to run a campaign from my bedroom. Photoshop, Word, Excel, iTunes, the works. I've transfered my PDFs to the hard drive, and have access to all of my books to boot. This should make things easier on me, and explains why I haven't posted in the past 2 days (been busy cleaning up the room and getting everything needed to run the computer).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2009, 05:07:43 AM »
[spoiler]Heh, well glad to hear you've got everything running now.[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2009, 07:35:01 AM »
[spoiler]Sorry for being kinda slow, been hella busy with uni stuff. My posting should improve again starting friday.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2009, 05:31:45 PM »
It's almost noon when the havoc starts. This time, there's no hiding involved. The enemies are in plain sight, actively tracking the Greenspawn that you killed last night.

White chitinous hide stands out in this light undergrowth, amidst the sparse trees that make up this forest. Two unusual beasts are bound by long lengths of chain. The beasts have multiple scythe-like claws in place of limbs, and they scuttle along the ground like beetles. They are approximately the size of a small child. Glistening on their skulls is a single amethyst tattoo.

Behind them, holding the chains, is another breed of Dragonspawn. Like it's pets, its hide is stark white, and looks to be stained with copious amounts of caked blood. It's a savage, unruly creature, constantly barking insults in Dragonic at the two beasts. It's head is that of a White Dragon. A ranseur is in it's primary hand, and a handaxe and shortbow are stowed on it's torso. It bears the same amethyst mark that it's pets have, but it isn't a tattoo on him. From the looks of it, the stone is like an insignia showing it's rank. The stone is fairly small, about the size of a marble. But it stands out in this lighting like a mirror in the desert.

They don't seem to have spotted you, yet. It looks like the spawn is relying on the beasts' scent to follow a trail. Several trees, shrubs, and other hiding spots are scattered around you, but the shrubbery conceals another threat (and only a lucky glance manages to reveal the hidden enemy).

These snakes are the size of a Great Dane, and very poorly concealed as a result. A purple stripe runs along the sides of them. But something is incredibly unusual about these snakes. They seem to flicker from one position to another, making it difficult to pinpoint their exact location. They do notice you, but also notice the spawn and it's pets. It seems like they are trying to decide which would be the easier meal. It may be possible to manipulate them into attacking the spawn and his pets.

Sevra's Wild Empathy can be used on the snakes, but they are magical beasts and the check takes a -4 penalty. Rushing the check adds another -10, but the snakes look easily convinced to change their potential meals to the spawn. Knowledge (Arcana) can be used to identify all 5 of these creatures, Arytiss all ready knows what the Whitespawn's immunities are, but not what purpose it was created for (in other words, you know it's a Whitespawn, but not what type of Whitespawn).

The snakes or in the shrubbery, making a Hide check (untrained) in effort to ambush something. Everyone has beaten their Hide checks. You must choose whether to hide or not before rolling Inits.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2009, 01:05:20 AM »
Sevra notices an opportunity to save her allies some hassle, as well as unnecessary discomfort, and moves closer to the shrubbery- attempting to use it for purposes of escaping the white creatures' notice as well as to ply her trade on the serpents. She attempts to convey that the dragon-like creatures would provide a tastier, more substantial meal, and that she and her allies are not worth the effort.

[spoiler]Hide: 1d20+3= 19
Wild Empathy: 1d20-1= 19[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2009, 05:33:44 AM »
Arytiss swiftly follows his shifter companion into the shrubbery, trying to stay out of sight of the Whitespawn, while keeping some distance from the serpentine creatures.

[spoiler]Move as close to the enemy as possible while staying within the shrubbery, so that would be the upper left corner of the shrubbery.

Hide: 14[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 01:30:20 PM by BowenSilverclaw »

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2009, 07:25:25 AM »
[spoiler]1d20+13=16

Can I kill invisiblecastle? Please?[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2009, 06:58:30 AM »
Don't be so upset Bogsnes. It's not like the Whitespawn can spot you with a roll of a 4 (seriously, that's what I got). His pets might as well just sniff for you instead of rolling the Spot check.

Snakes: Currently indifferent, but not hostile or unfriendly. They are smart enough that they will stay out of the fight until someone or something falls unconscious. Once that happens, there's no guarantee they will sit on the sidelines and wait for the party to escape. Any fallen party members are at dire risk of being attacked by the snakes.

Init rolls. Party has a surprise round to set up.

Spawn: 18
Pet 1: 24
Pet 2: 13
Snake 1: 9
Snake 2: 17
Arytiss:
Sevra:
Fecerak:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2009, 07:06:14 AM »
[spoiler]Initiative: 23.

Heh, natural 20 :)[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2009, 07:37:05 AM »
[spoiler]Initiative: 23.

Heh, natural 20 :)[/spoiler]

If only there were a way to get your Con to init. You would never lose the Init checks.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2009, 07:49:01 AM »
[spoiler]The reason to why I am so annoyed of invisiblecastle is that I haven't had, like 2 rolls above ten in a row...

Let's see if it is better this time: 1d20+7=21

Fair enough...[/spoiler]