Author Topic: Warm me up!  (Read 25342 times)

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
Warm me up!
« on: March 17, 2009, 03:21:30 PM »
Before we record each episode of Brilliant Gameologists, we like to watch a funny video or read something funny-- we want to get in the humor mood and align ourselves and just get ready to hit record.

I use the boards a lot for inspiration, but I end up spending so much time searching that it defeats the purpose of something funny.

So!  Help!

Post something that we'd find funny-- something we can look at online.  A song, a youtube video, a college humor skit, a failblog post, a funny ebay ad... anything!

We won't look at it until we sit down to record.  If your post makes us laugh, we'll give you a nod and a thanks on the show and in the shownotes!

These CAN be things cross posted from the "fun on the interwebs" thread or any other thread on these boards, other boards, the latest viral thang-- just give us 5 minutes of pure entertainment!
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
Re: Warm me up!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 03:39:44 PM »
Did you catch this video yet?  Not the absolute best quality video, but I thought it was freakin funny as hell.

Stephen Lynch - The D&D Song

Seriously, I love that third dude that comes in.
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 03:44:21 PM »
The impression I got from the title was a wrong one. Definitely and unfortunately.

Handy Links

Bell

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 04:08:23 PM »
The impression I got from the title was a wrong one. Definitely and unfortunately.
I think we may have had the same thought...  I too was disappointed by what this thread was about. 

But, nonetheless, I must say that I am quite partial to all of It'sJustSomeRandomGuy's videos. The newest one, with wolverine and Doctor Manhattan is particularly funny.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 04:09:58 PM »
I was thinking she wanted a pair of woollen stockings, you pervert.

Handy Links

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 04:11:02 PM »
This is one of my current favorites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkTQwP2gFxU
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 04:13:51 PM »
I think you are lying. I think you are lying, and that you should admit that you are lying. This is the Internet. No one on the Internet cares about woolen stockings.  They want filthy, steamy, raunchy sex. Preferably with multiple females. At once.    :P

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 04:18:10 PM »
And I think you should stop lying that I lie. I call shenanigans on your shenanigans!

Handy Links

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 04:23:21 PM »
You know, we could go back and forth like this forever. You and me, locked in an epic battle for all time, neither one ever giving in to the other.  Or, you could just admit that you were lying. I, personally, would prefer the latter, but, either one works for me.

Also, Bowen, I'd seen the third bit of that video before, but I never knew it was part of a larger video. (I refrained from saying anything about what's in the video for Meg's sake.)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 04:26:14 PM »
I'll continue mentally disagreeing with you, but I stop spamming the thread.

Handy Links

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 04:30:50 PM »
The point of this is to find links quickly, so no banter.  Spam somewhere else please.

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 04:34:44 PM »
On topic, I recommend George Carlin. He has numerous clips on YouTube and you could theoretically find anything to suit your mood. This requires you to like bashing stuff and/or analysing language though. If either of those are to your liking, I really recommend you to look Carlin's take on the Ten Commandments, airline announcements and whatnot. Enough material for dozens of podcasts.

Handy Links

Bell

• The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 04:38:51 PM »
Sorry, Meg, I was just joking around... :embarrassed
In atonement, here's a video I found on StumbleUpon the other day. http://www.todaysbigfail.com/view/20090304

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 05:11:46 PM »
On topic, I recommend George Carlin. He has numerous clips on YouTube and you could theoretically find anything to suit your mood. This requires you to like bashing stuff and/or analysing language though. If either of those are to your liking, I really recommend you to look Carlin's take on the Ten Commandments, airline announcements and whatnot. Enough material for dozens of podcasts.

Um, we hail to Carlin as our patron saint of the podcast and have dedicated a few of our shows to him.

But this brings up another point-- actual links only please!  Again, the idea is to be quick!  I want to click, laugh, hit record!

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 05:44:50 PM »
In case you ever do a Star Wars related episode, the Robot Chicken Star Wars sketch of the Emperor on the phone with Darth Vader is a classic. 2 minutes 27 seconds.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Justice

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Bear Swarm! Podcast
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 06:02:16 PM »

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 08:25:21 PM »
This entire site : http://pictureisunrelated.com/
Did you catch this video yet?  Not the absolute best quality video, but I thought it was freakin funny as hell.

Stephen Lynch - The D&D Song

Seriously, I love that third dude that comes in.

Thank you!  These were the first two we clicked on when we recorded last night and you each are getting a mention in the show- awesome tastic!

Johannixx

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 11:55:49 PM »

Johannixx

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 12:13:45 AM »
Zero Punctuation! reviews Left 4 Dead

Zero Punctuation! has got to be the most amusing review site I've ever seen.  If nothing else, listening to the endless variety of Anglo/Aussie profanity-laced insults always leaves me chuckling with insane hellish glee.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 01:41:47 PM by Johannixx »

Justice

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Bear Swarm! Podcast
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 10:53:56 AM »
No Punctuation! reviews Left 4 Dead

No Punctuation! has got to be the most amusing review site I've ever seen.  If nothing else, listening to the endless variety of Anglo/Aussie profanity-laced insults always leaves me chuckling with insane hellish glee.

Zero Punctuation.