Author Topic: [3.5] LogicLand: A World with a Plausible Extrapolation of D&D's Mechanics  (Read 13746 times)

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
Here we have one thousand monkey, hitting on a thousand type writers... and they will one day make a campainsetting...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
Here we have one thousand monkey, hitting on a thousand type writers... and they will one day make a campainsetting...
Naw... I don't think thats what this is about. There are plenty of workable campaigns... even if we had come up with one it might not be something worth playing in.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Caelic

• Hong Kong
Strict regulation of Wish abuse, so as not to devaluate the monetary system.

Sort of like the regulations concerning private ownership of gold in the real world?  I could see that.

It'd take a heck of an enforcement bureau to make it stick, though...

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Could also limit the number of higher level spellcasters. Xp costs aren't cheap, even with thought bottle abuse, after all.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.

Sort of like the regulations concerning private ownership of gold in the real world?  I could see that.

Make it to where the "inevitables" are actually badass and good at thier jobs.
You know there are Quaruts out there... somewhere...
Fiend Folio I know but the concepts exists there actually is some crazy celestial law enforcement bureau out there. Maybe they limit people to 3 wishes per life or something. I dont' know.
I don't know at what point it'd be that the real answer becomes "wish spells don't exist" which is close to "You can start casting wish, but giant God robots will come to kill you if do..."
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email

Make it to where the "inevitables" are actually badass and good at thier jobs.
You know there are Quaruts out there... somewhere...
Fiend Folio I know but the concepts exists there actually is some crazy celestial law enforcement bureau out there. Maybe they limit people to 3 wishes per life or something. I dont' know.
I don't know at what point it'd be that the real answer becomes "wish spells don't exist" which is close to "You can start casting wish, but giant God robots will come to kill you if do..."
What about, if you make a wish, it's judged but an active true neutral Greater Outsiders (Io, etc)
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing

Pun-pun standardizes languages, prices, and currencies. 
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email

This ^
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko

This ^
That does the trick, any wish aiming to break these matters are counterwished into oblivion.
What was Pun-Pun's alignment again?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email

This ^
That does the trick, any wish aiming to break these matters are counterwished into oblivion.
I think he'd be like Io, all 9, because none of the actions need for Pun-Pun to assend into godhood require an allinement.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email

This ^
I think he'd be all nine, because he's the goddamned batman.

ftfy
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
This ^
I think he'd be all nine, because he's the goddamned batman.
ftfy
I call shananigens, Pun-Pun is the anti-batman.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
Just considering that a L(Whatever) Pun-Pun would seek to keep everything running in an orderly manner. :)
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Just considering that a L(Whatever) Pun-Pun would seek to keep everything running in an orderly manner. :)
but the C(Whatever) Pun-Pun would disrupt the order...

veekie

• Organ Grinder
And hence everyone mostly gets along just fine, until you attract the attention of one of the pair.

Down one path is Rocks Fall.

Down the other is railroads.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
And hence everyone mostly gets along just fine, until you attract the attention of one of the pair.

Down one path is Rocks Fall.

Down the other is railroads.
In between there is Pun Pun the rule lawyer, the red-mage, trying to figure out the exact DC of the reflex save of "rocks fall you die"

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Well, Pun-pun leans chaotic good, as LG paladins can pull off the trick just fine (and remain LG), and furthermore have a much better chance of getting it to work.  On the other hand, CE characters can't even start it.

The alignment shift, and easier use of paladinness means that we'll see

n True Neutral Pun-Puns, n NG Pun-Puns, n NE Pun-Puns
0 LN Pun-Puns, 0 LE Pun-Puns, approx 3n LG pun-puns
n CG pun-puns, 2n CN Pun-Puns, and 2n CE pun-Puns

That's 3 evil, 5 good, 3 lawful, 5 chaotic.

So the net effect of Pun-Pun is neutral, leaning CGish.  Which explains the weirdness of prices (RE: 10 foot poles)- pun-pun screws with people in mostly harmless ways.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.