Author Topic: Map testing  (Read 2062 times)

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
Map testing
« on: March 15, 2009, 01:18:58 PM »
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:10:18 PM by ksbsnowowl »
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
Re: Map testing
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 05:19:41 PM »
 :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow
I hereby declare you "Battlemap Mastermaker Extraordinare" :D
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 05:25:54 PM »
:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow
I hereby declare you "Battlemap Mastermaker Extraordinare" :D

+1

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 05:57:06 PM »
Thanks guys.  This is actually a test for my current live table top game.  My wife has been accepted to a few Grad schools in Missouri, so in all probability we will be moving in the next 5 months.  I'm right in the middle of running Expedition to Castle Ravenloft with my group (they just entered the castle for the first time two sessions back), and so I'm trying to find a way to continue gaming with them.  It may be that we play conferencing over Skype, with me just overwriting the map and them reloading this page each turn.  That's what this is about (though your maps will be similar.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:32:00 PM by ksbsnowowl »
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 06:28:49 PM »
Watch out! There's scary old guys everywhere! It's a trap!
/joking

Though seriously, it looks good. It will be interesting to see if/how you handle low-light vision and darkvision.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 09:18:13 PM »
Though seriously, it looks good. It will be interesting to see if/how you handle low-light vision and darkvision.
Probably like the new image.  The Blonde Chick is a warlock that has darkvision via See the Unseen, and thus she can see the whole room.  The next lightest area is what the Shifter can see as shadowy illumination, the lightest shaded area is fully lit for the Shifter, and shadowy illumination for the Fighter.  The clear areas is what everyone can see well. (Note that illumination is cut in half within Castle Ravenloft itself, thus the 10-ft radius bright illumination from the torch.)