Author Topic: Melblen's Star Wars DoD game logs (may contain spoilers)  (Read 3497 times)

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Melblen's Star Wars DoD game logs (may contain spoilers)
« on: March 05, 2009, 10:50:10 PM »
Well, after a short hiatus from weekly gaming, we are finally getting back to it. We decided to scrap the P.I. campaign. I recently got inspired to try out Star Wars and was going to run a post Ep III/pre Ep IV so once I discovered the Dawn of Defiance adventures it fit right into the time line I wanted.

So we met on Tuesday and they rolled up characters. I changed up my rolling rules. I usually have them roll 4d6, drop the lowest, and put the scores whereever they chose. This time I made them go straight down rolling in order. One player got decent stats across the board and the other got 3 high ones for physical stats and 3 lower ones (He decided on a wookiee too and really drove the Wis and Cha into the ground). They haven't named them yet. I will have that next week. So far we have;

Wookiee Soldier 1

and

Ithorian Jedi 1

They are still deciding if and how they know each other if at all. The Jedi obviously has to have survived the initial phases of the Jedi Purge to get to the time frame when DoD starts. I have a gm PC I am going to put in to round out some skills that are lacking. Plus I wanted to go through the character creation process to better understand it. I went kinda crazy on her backstory (2 pages worth) and stuff and for her named I chopped up the name of the author of the Thrawn Trilogy, Timothy Zahn, kinda as a tribute.

Mythia Zahn
Human Noble 1

I gave her the force sensative feat and picked Connected for her first talent.

Mythia was born on Coruscant to a Corellian Father who was a Corperate Officer at a Starship Engineering corporation and her mother was a Senatorial Aide from Coruscant. To keep a long story short she was an up and coming performer and young holovid star. Became a vocal critic of the Empire after she watched a dear Jedi friend of hers die during Order 66. After Irking the Empire too often they attempted to arrest her on trumped up charges. She narrowly escaped and went into hiding. I inserted her into the story by working for Dr. Fenn at Delgas Medical on Sel Zonn station to explain some of her skill selection.

So once they choose names next week, outfit themselves, and finish up their back stories we will get started.

I made an opening crawl on Windows movie maker but it takes to long to upload to photobucket so I wont post it. My players are going to go nuts when they see it hehe.

Edit: posted the crawls to youtube so here is the first one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liyWPRiGgeo
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 01:02:33 PM by Melblen_Cairn »
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Melblen's Star Wars DoD game logs (may contain spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 01:38:19 AM »
Traitor's Gambit-Session 1

Met for our regular session. Plans to get another player fell through though so we proceeded with just the two PCs and my GM PC tossed in. They picked names and rounded out their characters including how they knew each other.

The wookiee player named his character Grozarra after i showed him the wookiee nomenclature site online. Meaning Burning Fur. The Ithorian Jedi named himself Trangle. We worked out their backstory as Trangle was sent with his master to Kashyyk to fight near the end of the Clone Wars. He managed to escape Order 66 (his master perished). The elder Wookiees felt they owed much to the memory of his master so they assigned Grozarra to help the Ithorian stay alive. Also in hopes of keeping the tempermental Grozarra out of trouble.

I ran the Crawl I had made and near the end had to endure a couple Darths and Droids quotes hehe. Like "I have a bad feeling about this....what? I am still looking at the equipment list"

So they find themselves on the run and manage a transport off Kashyyk and end up at Sel Zonn Station with little money left to go further. They encounter much anti-alien sentiment on the station. They search for some work at Gundark's cantina to no avail. They blow their perception rolls when they exit and miss the two imperial informers. They are a few steps out of the Cantina when I spring the first encounter on them. Maya bursts out of a turbolift and seeing those two stick out of the crowd heads for them, pleading for their help. A round later the Stormtroopers come out of the other turbolift demanding them to step away from her. Trangle uses his Jedi mindtrick power on one of them and they miraculously manage to pull off letting them leave with her (seeing as how I think they would have trounced all over these 4 enemies with ease I figured I would let them roll with the non-combat idea they had).

I had my GM PC Mythia on the staion only days before they arrived and working for Dr Fenn at Delgas. The PC's brought Maya in immediately after the confrontation. Mythia was able to perform surgery there bring her up some. They then took her back to Maya's quarters where she asked the three for additional help in retrieving the cargo.

They slice into the central computer and locate the information on V14 and head there. The jedi again non-violently deciding not to attack the guards and simply walk up and ask to see Switch. They were amused to find a protocal droid as their contact. The we able to negotiate past all the challenges, but still ended up giving up all the rest of the funds to the droid.

The encounter with Ganga Lor was quite amusing. Switch used his desk and the PCs as cover and fired his holdout blaster at the assailants. Ganga Lor took cover and shot as opportunities presented themselves. Thangle, ignited his lightsaber and jumped in front of Grozarra who leveled his Bowcaster. A shots started to fly Thangle was able to deflect all the shots the first round. Switch, Mythia, and Grozarra took out a thug each right away. Next round Ganga Lor called in Switches thugs to side with him and they turned on their former employer. Thangle managed another perfect round of deflections and on his turn used move object to throw on of the traitorous guards into another traitorous guard knocking them both out with a high damage roll. Mythis blasted away the remaining thug that came in with Ganga Lor. Switch's Twi'Lek associate killed the last of the traitorous guards. Grozarra made a great shot at Ganga taking him down quite a bit and Thangle moved in on the next round to finish him off. Which I said he lopped off Ganga Lors blaster hand (he rolled damage to get him to 0 but not over the threshold).
This began their tally of dismembered limbs they are going to keep track of from that point foward.

After the fight they get the side mission from Switch about the Corellian Ale delivery and they come up with a plan to get around Blue Deck a bit easier. They ask Switch if he can get his hands on a opulent looking garment which they will have Mythia wear and they will follow her like servants. They leave promising to send important info his way as they find it. Mythia changes into the dress and comes out more dolled up. Dressed liek that I allowed the PCs a Int check to see if they recall seeing her before some place. Thangle made it and recalled her resemblance to an actress in a  holovid he saw not long ago. She admitted to them who she was but not how she came to her present circumstances.

Once on Blue Deck they had Mythia go gather info on the hanger bay they were going towards. She finds out about the Storm Trooper squad they will likely have to face to obtain their cargo.

We ended it here for tonight we will definately be on for next week though. The players are hooked on the Saga rules now and are enjoying themselves thoroughly.

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 12:57:57 AM »
Traitor's Gambit- Session 2

A short one this evening as it is St' Pat's Day and we all had a few too many. As I write this now one of my players is crashing on my couch for tonight after passing out from a few too many.

Well, we picked up this week just as the players found out about a squad of Stormtroopers being sent down to the hanger bay to check on some suspicious cargo. Not wanting the cargo moved to somewhere before they could get their hands on it they hurried to the hanger. The door to the hanger bay slid open just as the repulsor sled was pulling out the "cargo" with a tow cable. All the stormtroopers had their backs turned as the cargo was coming out so I had the first few closest to the door roll a perception. The rest took a 10 and none noticed the door. As the surprise round the players moved into the control room. They also went first on init. Grozara and Mythia both opened fire from the doorway, Grozara dropping a stormtrooper. Trangle used move object and spent a force point and managed to seize control of the repulsor sled and then slammed it into the imperial officer nearly killing him. The rest of the stormtroopers moved for cover and fired back. Grozara on the next round took out the sled operator making controlling it via move object easier. The rest of combat was trading shot back and forth from cover and Trangle using the sled to bash them one by one making decent Use the Force rolls.

I had several troopers use surpressing fire and two troopers ran out and used autofire into the doorway only minorly hitting Mythia and Grozara. Mythia managed to take down the Imperial officer when he started shooting back after seeing most of his troopers fall. and Trangle and Grozara cleaned up after.

Grozara went searching through the rooms for the crate of Corellian Ale. Trangle smashed the repulsor sled against the door to the room untill it was disabled against it. Mythia moved to the Carbonite and reached Maya over the comlink for the transport out. Another squad of stormtroopers arrived a few rounds later, but with the repulsor sled causing difficult terrain they came over slowly and by the second round after their arrival the Banshee arrived and the PC's boarded under a hale of blaster fire.

After a brief intro and RPing with Sirona OKeefe (Platt's Aunt if you keep up on those old Platt's guides from the D6 SWRPG days of old) she showed them suites to rest up while they were enroute to Alderaan.

At this point one player was already out on the sofa and the others work cell had died so he had to run back to his office to make sure no one called him with an emergency so we called it early to definatly pick up next week. Sorry for the short one I was really hoping to get them on to a brief side trek while they headed to  Felucia but what I have planned will have to wait until next week.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 01:00:40 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 02:04:01 AM »
Traitor's Gambit- Session 3

Had a solid block of play in this week. During the trip to Alderaan, Grozarra decided to attempt an easy modification to his Bowcaster. Taking one of the blaster carbines Trangle retrieved for him he rigged a mount under the bowcaster. I ruled it would give him a -2 firing the carbine but would have no effect on the bowcaster. I also said it would be a swift action for him to go from Bowcaster to blaster. This should give him a bit more versatility. Other then that they rested up during the rest of the flight.

Arriving at Organa's palace, I don't think they were expecting to meet the man himself.  He asked them to find Admiral Varth and rescue him if still alive. I gave them some credits to spend to replace some of the resources they used during the last session. The group asked me to have Mythia use persuasion for haggling to up the reward for the rescue of Varth. Rolled a 20 so I upped it to 3000cr (up from the 2000cr).

Arriving in the Felucia System they encounter the Star Destroyer in orbit and Sirona slams them down through the atmosphere to the planets surface, breaking somethign in the process. The party goes off in search of the prison facility while Sirona and Crash stay to effect repairs. For the trip I created a random encounter table in the case they failed on the survival rolls by more then 5. No one had survival as a skill but Trangle being an Ithorian and having a decent Wisdom bonus was able to do ok only failing miserably once. The encounter the got was a couple Assassin Vines converted over from 3.5 rules to Saga rules. The vines got the jump on them and entangled Trangle and Mythia then proceeded to try to strangle both. Grozara with his high reflex defense was able to deftly keep out of the Entangle and avoid the snapping vine to attack the one grappling Trangle. Mythia was able to get free of the one choking her and she managed a shot that finished off the one on the Jedi only to be re-grappled by the one attacking her. Trangle was able to free himself from the Entangle and move up to kill the vine on Mythia and Grozara turned on the final one and easily dispatched it.

They briefly patched themselves up using a med pack each. They then get several good survival checks in a row to proceed into the encounter with the Felucian Scouts. This was a bit rougher on them then I thought it would be. As there attempts at diplomacy failed to stop the approach and attacks of the young felucians. Trangel and Grozara both used second winds during the fight and all were hurting near the end when they managed to incapacitate the last scout. Shortly after Vazus races up in a late attempt to avoid the whole conflict but was too late. He led them to the village explaining the misunderstanding.

The encounter with the Chief/Shaman went well as there are two force users in the party. With the players expressing their interest in a foray into the "Vanishing Place" helped improve the shaman's opinion of them. Trangle found the sick children and Mythia was able to work through the nigt to help them recover from the illness. Shortly after Grozarra and Trangle awaken the next day they (and the rest of the village) here the high pitched whine of a speeder bike. The party initally thought to simply hide thinking they were the ones being sought. SO in order to nudge them into pursuit I had Vazus run to the mushroom hut they were in and tell them that if the scout is able to communicate the location of the village it will be wiped out. He offers them both Kybucks (another skill they didnt have trained...ride. hehe). Trangle makes a great ride check none the less and gains a +2 to his ride check for the rest of the encounter while Grozarra botches his then instead of using the normal persuation to calm the animal he decides to try to intimidate it and fails again. Uses his wookiee re-roll on intimidate and rolls a 1 (which was in a long series of 1 rolls by all of us throughout the evening).

With the case underway, they both mess up their rolls in the second leg of the chase and get lost. Getting into the 3rd section they split up each taking one of the two paths and both manage to come through unscathed into the 4th section. The dying rancor missed Trangle as he deftly rode the Kybuck past but Grozarra took a glancing blow. When they got to the final clearing with the communications outpost the scout trooper was already relaying the info to the troopers there and I subtracted a round from the 10 rounds it would take them to get the signal to communicate the village's location. We ended it here with the Biker scouts heading towards them to delay the PC's while the troopers got the signal up.

Good news is I think I found another player for our group. So hopefully I can get him in somehow in the next session. If he has a character made for next week I will probably slip him in as one of the prisoners. Not sure what race or class he will pick yet. He is fairly new roleplaying games and has no experience with Saga rules. We shall see what he comes up with.

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 01:22:06 AM »
Traitor's Gambit- Session 4

The new player created a Human Scout with Force Sensitivity named Sirius. So this group is going to be a beacon to the Inquisitorious if they all keep accessing the force often. I put him in the same prison facility as the Admiral. We worked out that he was there with his two other companions (a scoundrel and a soldier) who were caught after smuggling a load of Spice and would have gotten away with it if their ship had not mistakenly received a transmission they weren't supposed to. This case of mistaken identity led the Empire right to them. Who carted them off to the secret facility to find out who sent them the treasonous message.

So, he had been imprisoned for a couple weeks before Admiral Varth got there. I expected him to sit tight and watch the other two players to get the hang of things like combat and such. Instead he jumps right in and wants to try to escape. Impressed, I let him come up with a plan to escape. He waited for Varth to be returned to the detention block and the warden droids come to get him for another round of interrogation. On his way out with the droids he wanted to try to use the force to steal a blaster from one of the detention block guards. He rolled a good Use the Force check and needed a Stealth check to do it without anyone noticing which he rolled well for as well. With a surprise round he blasts one of the droids. He had a high Init and went first. He managed to destroy the other droid as the two guards began to react. One discovering his pistol was gone turned back around to raise the alarm. Sirius Blasted him next and took cover. The remaining guard returned fire but was finished off the following round. He made a use computer to unlock both doors and released his friends but not trusting the Imperial Admiral locked him back in.

To gain more supplies he decided to hit the medical bay. I told him he had been in there several times for various interrogation sessions (torture). As soon as the door slid open and he saw the researcher (torturer) he opened fire out of vengeance killing him before he could even press the button to release the mutated Felucian's. I didn't give him a dark side point for this even though it was out of vengeance though I did warn him that it will lead down that path if he continues to react that way.

I was cutting back and forth between what the other two players were doing and what Sirius was doing. They were begining the encounter at the communications outpost. Trangle stayed on the Kybuck and charged head long at the Speeder bikes passing between the two missing one with the lightsaber. They headed straight for Grozarra who was busy shooting at the comm dish. Trangle turns the Kybuck and uses one of his Move objects on the scout trooper and slams him into the other trooper knocking them both off the bikes and out cold. Grozarra then opens up with the under barrel blaster carbine on autofire to make short work of the stormtroopers before they get the comm dish back up. They get the Kybucks back and rest up at the village now that all is safe. Trangle took a bit of damage during the fight and Grozarra did during the chase so Trangle puts the wookiee and himself into a force trance (Clone wars book allows for a use the force check to put another into a force trance). While resting up Mythia gets the task and explosives from Vazus to blow up the Comm center at the Vanishing place.

Saving the village puts them over the top in the good graces of the Felucian Shaman and he provides them with a guide to the facility. After a couple hours of travel they arrive. They survey the front gate and find a squad fo stormtroopers and more alarming a gun emplacement with a heavy repeating blaster. True to form they look for a back door to the place right away. The guide leads them around back and they spot the loosened vent cover. Grozarra yanks it open with an over the top strength check (though before rolling Trangles player felt the need to reference The Gamers lift gate incident  :lmao). Trangle climbs in and moves just above the medical bay just as Sirius shoots the researcher.

Dropping into the bay Trangle almost gets himself shot too. After a short intro and Mythia patching up Sirius a bit. They are soon discovered by one of the Stormtroopers from the Turret area. The tropper unloads a blast at the Scoundral companion of Sirius killing him. The soldier returns fire but misses due to cover. Trangle goes out the other door and takes cover behind the turbolift cluster in the main hall. Sirius also moves out into the main hall and uses the lift cluster for cover returning fire killing the first trooper. More arrive on the scene. Mythia pulls her heavy blaster and runs out into the hall and shoots at the troopers. Grozarra begins moving for the door Trangle went through. On the seocnd round Trangle shouts asking where the detention block is and Sirius tells him. He races across to the Doorway of the detention block deflecting blaster fire as he goes. Mythia drops a stormtrooper. Grozarra rages and races into the other two smashing down one with his massive petrified kashyyyk tree trunk club. Trangle calls Mythia in to use the computer to release the Admiral and escorts him out of the detention block. Next round Grozarra absolutely crushes the last stormtrooper. His rage far from playe dout he moves down the hall looking for more targets and as he crosses in front of the hall leading to the gun turret he gets blasted by a shot from the Imperial Gunner's Blaster Cannon. Sirius moves past the trooper corpses scooping up one frag grenade. He planned on tossing it down the hall but the following round Grozarra makes a charge and takes the Gunner down quite a bit. Sirius instead sticks with the blaster and shoots the gunner. Wrapping up the fight they all head back to the Med Bay. Mythia salvages the rest of the greandes and med packs off the troopers. Grozarra grabs a couple more energy cells foor the carbine. They also pick up the healing stims from the med bays storage cabinet.

Trangle hopped into the vent to see if they could get the admiral out to safety and then set the charges but upon peering out of the replaced vent cover he saw a dismal sight. The body of the Felucian guide surrounded by a platoon of stormtroopers and a ATST close by. The sound of several speeder bikes near also. That route closed off and the front gate guarded by a squad as well raised the tensions a bit. They decided to check out the comm center and set the explosives first then see if they could find a different way out on the second floor of the compound.

We ended it here. One of my players is dog sitting for friends of ours and he didn't want to come home to a bunch of tootsie rolls under his bed from the little rattling. Not sure when we will get to play next week. Softball starts for my friends on Tuesdays and Wednesday night not too good for me likely so look for the next update later next week.

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 06:14:18 PM »
Traitor's Gambit- Session 5

The Players go for the comm center to start this session. Upon opening the door the occupants hear the door open and aren't surprised. The officer orders the intruders and prisoners killed and captured respectively. Trangle leads the way in deflecting blaster bolts. He gets in close while the rest take shots. They make short work of the Imperial officer and several comm operators. Trangle demanded the surrender of the final operator.

When the fight was over Grozarra went about setting the explosives (he has mechanics). Mythia jumped on the computers. She brought up the incoming message about an Inquisitor coming to retrieve Admiral Varth. Trangle was a little worried that the Inquisitorious was involved. When deciding what to do with their new prisoner, Grozarra knowing that the explosives could consume the entire structure but not letting anyone else know suggested they lock him "safely" in the detention block area (specifically citing that he didnt care after what the Imperials have been doing to his own people). I let them play on but later gave Grozarra a dark side point for callously pursuing a path of vengeance against a prisoner at their mercy.

With the code cylinder in hand they all go up the Turbolift cluster in two seperate lifts. Once they burst from the cluster the command center explodes into chaos. Since they were fairly close together I had the storm trooper autofire and toss frags. In the first round they did quite a bit of damage to the party. Trangle see one of the monsterous Felucians and uses Move object, sinking a force point into it to make sure he get him. He starts to lift him to keep him out of the fight but gets force blasted by it the following round and is unable to maintain concentration. He retreats back to Grozarra and cuts down a neaby Stormtrooper. Meanwhile Syrius and Mythia deparately try to hold off the other Felucian while under fire from the troopers. Syrius gets slashed badly from the Felucian and Mythia suffers a crit from the troopers. They both plug the Felucian but it still comes after them. The next round the the first felucian moves to Grozarra and  gashes him badly. The other force blasts Mythia and Syrius. Trangle uses his second Move object and sends the first felucian headlong into the turbolift cluster and grozarra uses second wind to recover some and shoots the same Felucian with the bowcaster felling it. Syrius tosses the frag he had picke dup at the remaining felucian only doing half damage but Mythia was able to finish the job with a well place blaster shot. With both Felucians down before the Imperial Officer could use his Bolster Ally he uses it on a nearby stormtrooper. The party takes cover from the rest behind the cluster and an incoming frag drops Grozarra, Mythia, and Syrius. I had Varth grab the fallen blaster from Mythia and use it at that point. He shoots one of the remaining stormtroopers. Trangle uses mind trick on the officer to get him to surrender. Which works and after a brief display of lightsaber work gets the last Stormtrooper to give up as well. They call in the Banshee (who had previously communicated with them that the repairs were made and they could leave when the party needed). They had the Stormtrooper assist them in moving the unconscious party ( no surviving troopers to carry out though) on to the lift. Once the Banshee was hovering over the facility they went up to board. The Banshee exchanging fire with the ATST and troopers down on the jungle floor. Captain Okeefe helps them load the unconscious while Crash maintains the Banshees position. Once everyone is in they blast out of there and out of the planet's orbit shortly after. Within minutes there are TIE fighters enroute. The admiral uses a stim to bring Mythia out of unconsciousness. Mythia then works to bring out Grozarra and Syrius. They come out of it just before the TIE fighters are on top of them. Trangle and Syriius man the quad lasers while Grozarra works to keep the shields up. Captain Okeefe manages to keep them out of dog fighting range and since she is flying defensively the TIEs miss often but several critical attacks and the shields come down with the Banshee just making the jump to Hyperspace with 2 HPs on the Ship left. With a huge audible sigh out of everyone, you could tell they were on the edge of their seats on that one.

They made for the Zandrax system to meet up with the Resurgence after a brief meeting with the Captain the were shown to their quarters to rest more fully and we ended it here.

Should be good for Wednesday nights for a while as the scheduled sessions so the log should follow then. They are all just shy of the 3rd level mark so I will run them through the first mini adventure from Scum and Villainy. After they are third they might be able to get their own ship at that time, albeit a major archaic junker  :smirk

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 09:06:37 PM »
Pre-Wretched Hive Session

Sorry for the late entry. NHL playoff games to watch and all that so I have been quite busy of late.

Shy of 3rd level I gave them some down time before Wretched Hive would begin. They chose to follow up on a hint I dropped earlier about a smuggler on Tatooine looking for some people to employ for various jobs. They charter a lift to the planet from Captain OKeefe. They get a message to Sude Raalo to meet them in Mos Eisley's Chulman's Cantina. They pick up a couple drinks a wait for his arrival. During the wait Trangle does what I was hoping he wouldn't do. He searched for other force users. Makes a huge Use the Force Check and I attempt to cover up Obi Wan's presence and roll a 1. This is probably something I should have just fudged to keep things canon but I let him run with it later.

They first met up with Sude. The Niemoidian gives them the salvage job from the Scum and Villainy mini adventure #1. They have Mythia use hr haggling skills to bargin up the pay and down the rental cost of the YT. Grozarra inspects the ship and finds the multiple problems. Mythia goes out to restock the ship while Grozarra and Syrius stay behind to make repairs on the Laser canon and Long range communication. Meanwhile Trangle rents a speeder and heads out in hopes of finding the vaguely familiar presence he sensed in the force. Enroute I toss a random desert encounter at him of a Womp Rat swarm. It takes him down a bit but he manages to win out. He makes it to a small mud brick type structure after dark. He knocks at the door getting nothing. A second later there is a voice right behind him greeting him. He whirls and it is Obi Wan. I played his demeanor like that from the first book of the Last Jedi series, a bit brooding over the loss of the order and the betrayal of his friend and student Anakin. Trangle role played the encounter well not trying to get him to join them or anything. The next day Trangle made his way back to Mos Eisley.

With a restocked and patche dup ship they head to the coordinates given to them by the smuggler for the salavge job. They come out of Hyperspace without incident. Have no trouble picking up the trail of the ruined hunk of the cruiser. The sensors pick up two contacts. TIE fighters, they believe them to be imperials and that there must be a Destroyer near so they jam the communications and go on the attack. A short combat ensues with Syrius piloting the ship and Grozarra on the shields. They take the first out in a dog fight and then go after the second ship. They made short work of the second TIE as well.

They make several attempts at trying to dock with the spinning hulk each attempt failing and almost causing a collision once. They decided on a space walk to what's left of the ship. They get shot at by various droids floating in space. They force the airlock open and get inside.  They make a few good choices on doors and end up in the main hanger. Mythia begins searching the crate contents with her datapad while the others fan out looking for other items. They encounter the normal battle droids and quickly dispatch them. Grozarra finds the intact uncharged Droid ship and Syrius finds the fire control room with the intact quad laser canon. Trangle opens one of the doors with a super battle droid on the other side. He blocks aside the laser blasts with his light saber and smashes the droid into the ceiling with move object and cuts it down a round later. They don't encounter the other one. Mythia locates the main object they were hoping to find a droid remote processor that Sude was asking them to keep an eye out for.

Grozarra goes to work salvaging the quad laser. They move the Droid ship into the hold of the YT. and move all the rest of the intact crates into the holds as well. With the work done the head back to Tatooine where we ended it for the evening.

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 07:22:46 PM »
A Wretched Hive- Session 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izh3pt0mnJg

Before I played that for them we wrapped up the mini adventure by selling off the salvaged gear. With the proceeds going to a new ship. They found one on Tatooine for a decent price which left them with funds to upgrade. They kept the quad laser cannon from the salvage job to add on. They bought:

Vehement Fury
Archaic Used Dynamic Class Freighter
Colossal Transport
60 Ton Cargo Capacity
x5 Hyperdrive w/nav comp and x10 backup hyperdrive.
110 HP 15 DR 0 SR 75 DT 35 GP 12 REF 25 FORT

Double Laser Cannon

They also worked on Leveling their chars up to 3rd while we were picking out the ship.

They headed back to the Resurgence along side of the Banshee. While waiting for the briefing with Captain Verana and Gilder Varth they set about working on the ship to upgrade it out of Archaic. Later then head to the briefing. Captain Okeefe is there along with the several others. Varth goes through his whole long-winded explanation about the Hutt, Darga on Cato Niemoidia. Needing to make haste Captain Varth makes available a work crew to help with the upgrades to their ship for normal prices but they are able to complete 6 weeks of work in a very short period of time. Removing the Archaic templete and adding on the Quad Laser cannons. So armed, they set off for Cato Niemoidia. The Banshee joins them on the trip and will hide in the system and give them a heads up on any unwelcome company that might be heading tot he planet.

They land in Zarra, a shadow of its former opulence. They are greeted by two Niemoidians from spaceport security collecting docking fees and wanting to search the ship. Trangle uses mind trick on the officer and tells her she doesnt need to search their ship and that all their documentation is in order to which she repeats. They leave with the docking fees. Shortly after they out of sight though that the swoop bike gang led by Kessra drops in on the party. They demand a much steeper fee for docking of 1000 cr each. Trangle having regained his power from the previous encounter uses Mind Trick again on Kessra telling her they dont need their money. Kessra complying orders the rest of the gang to leave and swoops down the street but the rest of her gang figure something is up and decide to disobey and attack the party (I couldnt let them get out of the encounter with just one power use, yeah it takes out the highest enemy but atleast the rest of the party gets in on the action).

Init is rolled and Trangle goes first he tries to use Force Disarm on one of the bikers but fails. The Bikers go and fire at Trangle and the rest with the shots directed at the Jedi being deflected off. Grozarra puts a Bowcaster bolt into one nearly killing the biker. Syrius shoots the same biker killing him. The swoop bike plummeting over the edge and down into the mists below the city. Mythia fires her blaster but misses. Next round the Bikers continue to circle and fire. Trangle uses Force Stun on one and rolls a nat 20 with his skill mod puts it way over the Defenses of the biker and sends him out of control unconscious into a building wall. He falls off anf the biker takes massive damage. Grozarra nearly kills next biker and Mythia finishes him off (to unconsciousness) the bike veering directly at Trangle. Trangle uses move object to slow the bike just short of hitting him (he rolled low but with his skill mods he beat the bikes grapple by 1). The last biker took off down the street at nearly top speed. Grozarra and Syrius each try a shot at long range but both miss allowing the Biker to escape.

They bring both the bikers aboard their ship and stow both the working bike and the crashed one in the garage portion of the cargo hold. Binding up the stunned Biker they wait for him to come to and interrogate him while Mythia works to heal the other Biker a bit. They find he doesnt know much event with Grozarra's intimidation. They do agree to take the party to their hideout so they might capture Kessra thinking she might have some connections to the Hutt. The party drags the two bikers to the biker hideout, an old run down speeder repair shop, but find it empty and with signs of someone hastily leaving. They figure the escaped biker came back and informed Kessra of what happened and that they likely both lit out of there. Not taking the hint that Kessra might not be the best lead they press the bikers  for other hangouts. I give them the Federation's Folly cantina. Upon arriving at the cantina they still find no sign of Kessra. They release the Bikers with a threat of finding them if they tell the authorities or somehow inform Darga (whom the bikers did not know of).

I figured if they breeze too quickly through this  next portion before Dargas palace then I might have the bikers tell some Imperials about the Jedi they fought. I want to make it a bit harder of a choice for Trangle's player to use his powers regularly. So a minor Inquisitor and some Stormtroopers for an encounter next week while enroute to the palace should make for a decent deterant.

They ask Mythia to try to gather information from the local populace. They all put up some bribe money and she rolls well to get the name Warrick Redan and finds out where his location is. Finishing their drinks they head out. Not long after they cross into the mre abandoned sections of the city they come across the abandoned warehouse serving as Redans home. Syrius sneaks in through the whole in the wall made by a wrecked speeder. He stealths his way in and finds a good overwatch position to hide in. He sends a message of the comm link to the rest about the numbers inside. Confident in their impromptu sniper Trangle bursts through the front door and greets them all wishing to talk. The paranoid Redan squeaks and ducks out of sight ordering the goons to fire on them as they must be here for him. The goons shout for them to leave which is ignored of course so they open fire on the party. Everyone goes for cover and Trangle ignights his lightsaber and moves toward the group of thugs. Syrius hucks a frag grenade into the group of Thugs as does Grozarra blasting nearly all of them. Trangle Force Slams a few but then gets shot in the back by a hidden Redan knocking him down the condition track and way down low in HPs. A few well placed aimed shots though pick off the remaining two thugs. They hear a back door slid open and shut. Trangle rushes out to see a fleeing Raden about to round the corner. He stops him cold with Move Object lifting him off the ground with Warrick's legs still churning to run away. He spins and fires his blaster pistol back at Trangle but misses. Grozarra is next out the door and levels his Bowcaster at him and the pitiful Redan drops his weapon but not before Trangle decides to slam him into the wall next to him and put his lightsaber to his throat (I later warned his player about such outbursts of anger).

They easily "convince" Warrick to take them to Darga and set out immediately after Mythia tends to their wounds. We ended it here for the night. I think I will spring the encounter on them since they had such an easy go of it with Redan's group with allot of force help. I did give him fair warning to try to limit his force use when he met with Obi Wan after being told by him about the recent actions of the Inquisitorious and how they hunt down Jedi and other Force sensitives. The encounter should reinforce that he should be more cautious during these dark times. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:27:52 PM by Melblen_Cairn »

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 07:08:26 PM »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 07:14:56 PM by Melblen_Cairn »

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 07:28:30 PM »
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 07:40:48 PM by Melblen_Cairn »

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 07:07:25 PM »

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 02:20:36 PM »
A Wretched Hive-Session 5

The player's patch themselves up from the assassination attempt. They take their time to pick up anything they might want off the bodies and stash them in one of the rooms. They decide to rest in shifts in the same room after this to prevent being taken unaware again. They get in a couple hours of rest before Darga's court begins. They talk it over and rather then go to Darga angry they turn it around into something they can play to their advantage. They inform Darga they found out who poisoned him and took care of them (much to the surprise of Igren Demos). I have them make a perception to see if they catch his reaction which most do. They get their answer as to who was behind the attack.

Darga is pleased by their continued surprises. He gives then several bits of information. He first informs them of the results of the investigation into the attack on Trangle before. My players are finally beginning to realize the dangers posed to them by the Inquisitorious. Darga also informs them that an Imperial Liason is due shortly to meet with him and asks if they will observe to prevent the Empire from double crossing him. They agree and wait off to his side. Trangle wants to go have a word with Igren while they wait but before he gets a chance two whispers of Imperial Agents move through the crowded court and they part when a human woman and two human men move up before Darga.

They make both perception check I had them make so they first notice that the two guards could be twins were it not for various scarring and such. More importantly they recall seeing the woman before...on Alderaan, as part of the House Organa security forces. At first they jump to the conclusion that she is double agent working for Organa but when they rethink it they realize she is spying on the Senator. The Woman gives Darga the Empires new offer for more Tibanna gas to which Darga askes them to step outside while he thinks on the new deal. He then consults the PCs. They get right away the reference made to slaves as an optional payment method and advise against that. It took some explaining through Mythia before they understood that the slight discount they were offering for a doubled volume of the gas was a good deal, so said yes to that. They flatly advise 'No" to the security retinue the Emipre offer Darga. He compliments them and goes along with those decisions when the Liason comes back.

Rather than confront her about the spying the party decides they will need to get the Senator a message as soon as possible, and since they know now what Darga is up to they decide they are ready to leave once they tie up on emore loose end. The strong presence they feel in the Force and the voice that cals out to them for help.

They rest up in their rooms a bit more while they prepare for a possible fight. When most of the palace is quiet first try to locate Igren. Which I decide to have him visiting the prisoner currently so when the trail leads them to the guard room (I didn't find any opportunities to bestow the data card for the turbolift to them). Before they reach the guard room they disable once of the visual sensors in the hall leading to the room. This causes the three normal Gamorreans in the guard room to be sent to check it out. Hearing them come down the hall they slip around a corner and set up for an ambush. As they round the corner the party opens up.

After finishing them they move towards the guard room and burst in immediately engaging the two huge Gamorreans in there and not seeing a Gamorrean with a blaster rifle in the corner behind them. During the fight one of the guards is able to sound the alarm. Trangle is able to end the fight by slamming the last two uards into each other. It also needs to be mentioned that Grozarra is without any force points so its funny to watch him try to squirm his way out of fighting (plus he only needed 14 exp to level so he kept probing for easy ways to get it). After blasting the controls for the door, Trangle cuts a whole in it and they send Syrius sneaking down first. Creeping up he spots the two jailers hiding in cells waiting to spring out on them but they havent spotted him. Using the Force he hits the switch on one of the doors and closes the cell on one of the jailers. The other Jailer charges but before it can do much damage with its stun baton Trangle comes down and Uses Move Object to lift the Gamorrean and tosses him into a cell. Syrius closes it and Mythia tells him to toss out his blaster pistol in Huttese.

Trangle follows the force to the door holding the "voice". He opens it and finds an unconscious middle aged woman in Jedi attire being monitored by computers and fed intravenously a transparent liquid through a tube in her arm. Mythia looks he rover and determines she is beind kept in a comatose state and can get her out of it. She makes the proper roll and brings her out slow enough to only have a -3 on the condition track as opposed to a -4. After a brief intro and some info exchange they decide to get out before any more arrive. They found out she is Jedi Master Sage Denia and she has been in this state since near the end of the Clone Wars. The party arms her with the Lightsaber they picked up from the Inquisitor but as they exit the room they see more Gamorreans coming down the hall to attack.

The party autofires as much as they can into the confined hall taking several down a bit. Syrius gets a bit too close to one of the closed cell doors forgetting about the occupants they just put in there and is grappled by one of them taking a stun baton to drop him into unconsciousness. Denia is of some help during the fight but I played up the fact she needs major medical attention before she can do a lot, mainly since I did not want this to become the Jedi Master show. This combat was pretty straight forward otherwise since the gamorreans need to be in close combat to be effective they got taken down quite a bit by blaster fire so when they reached melee were easily taken down by Trangles saber-work. Syrius comes out on unconciousness shortly after.

They move up the hall and find the secret passage the Gamorreans used to get down there. They decide to take it. Getting close they hear the Majordomo conversing with someone telling him that Darga has fled. The other voice says he is enroute with the Assidious and will arrive shortly. Trangle peaks around the corner and sees a hologram wink out and Igren turn to those other sin the room and say Once more guards arrive they will go down to help the others finish them off.

Since the room was darkened they decided to attempt to sneak through first. Syrius goes first and easily is able to skirt around the room in the darkness. Grozarra who is the next dexterous is next but rolls a 1 and the rooms occupants set upon the rest of the party. As Trangle and Denia exit the tunnel the Trandoshian bodyguard of Igrens tosses a stun grenade into their midst and with a natural 20 easily knocks both down 2 on the condition track which drops Denia back into Unconsciousness. Dragging Denia over to Grozarra to carry the fight becomes a running battle through the palace. Trangle exhusts his force powers. Both Syrius and Grozarra nearly our of ammo from autofiring so much. Mythia is also a bit low and has been wounded quite a bit. Grozarra and syrius both aim for Igren which his bodyguard jumps int he way of Grozarras shot which kills him and Syrius's shot takes out Igren in the end. Before they can go back to loot any bodies though more guards show up so they hustle it out of the palace an dmove quickly back to the ship.

We stopped here. Since they didn't revisit Gome they don't exactly know where Darga fled to yet. Plus since they need to get Denia some better medical attention they will head back to the Resurgence. So between finding out where Darga's Tibanna gas mining operation is and the mission Switch has given them to do they have alot to work on next week.

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 03:05:17 AM »
Pre Queen of Air and Darkness- Session 1

Most of the session was leveling to 4. The players took a little detour while on their way back to the Resurgence. They got the idea in their heads that the Inquisitor they fought could have also placed a tracking beacon on the ship. So they searched it top to bottom and inside out. Once they were satisfied nothing was tracking them they proceeded on to the Resurgence.

Getting to the Frigate they updated Captain Verana and Admiral Gilder Varth, and were tasked with finding Darga to find out more about what this Sarlaac Project is.

The decide during their downtime to do the job Switch gave them. After equiping the ship with a decent shield generator and upgrading the hyperdrive they set off for Barab I to pick up the needed blaster rifles. After a time though they suddenly lurch out of hyperspace. Getting up to the cockpit they are soon coontacted by three closing fighters telling them to land on the 3rd planet of the system they were in at a paticular coordinates or they would force them down. Confident in their new shields and weapons array they don't comply. The ensuing fight was rather short but rough. They found that the hyperdrive was damaged and they needed to effect repairs before they could continue.

They avoided the coordinates given and found a semi-clear spot to land several Kilometers away. They figured out what parts they needed and decided to head to the coordinates on foot on the chance that the pirate's base might have the parts they need. Syrius initially took the lead since he has Survival as a trained skill but a couple failed rolls and close encounters with sinkholes and sucking bogs caused the party to let Trangle lead. As an Ithorian he can re-roll any Survival check. He fairs better for a few hours of travel but a bad roll leads them into a cluster of Tree Fishers.

For those familiar with d6 material, I am running the party through a little origin story for Port Haven and Hallomar from the old Platt's Starport Guide. Tree Fishers were these plant creatures that hunted by ensnaring their prey in their vine like tendrals and lifting them off the ground into the trees to consume them. Converting them was a snap. I simply took a Roper from the MM1 and toned down it's HD, changed a few things and turned it into a plant creature instead of underground.

Well only Trangle makes his Perception and sees the vines for what they are. The rest are scoped up 10 feet into the air during the surprise round. Poor initiatives all around have the party going after the plants. The 5 Tree Fishers either further entwine our heroes or attempt to snare Trangle. The two that didnt already have a snared hero go for Trangle both landing vines on him. They begin a tug-o-war of sorts with the Ithorian in mid air. The rest of the party is dragged to 20 fet int he air now. Trangle uses Force Slam on one of his grapplers and manages to get the one holding Mythia as well. He rolls well and not only does decent damage but the knocking prone effect of the power effectively sends Mythia and the two Tree Fishers plumeting to the ground. While Mythia doesnt take much from her 20 foot fall, the plants take a 40 foot header and go splat.

Being grappled in such a way they can only use certain weapons effectivly so Syrius drops his rifle and pulls out his heavy blaster pistol. The Jungle concealment proved to be too much though and he missed his attacker. Grozarra pulls his previously won Ryyk blade out and starts swinging it with abandon at the vines not doing much to severe them all. Trangle uses move obect and launches something at his other attacker killing it. Syrius manages to shoot his plant when he is daged into biting range. Grozarra cant' seem to hurt the Tree Fisher with the Ryyk blade but it can seem to find a seem in his armor yet either so they are at a standstill. Trangle readies a move object to catch someone who might fall. Mythia takes a shot at Syrius' plant and finishes it off sending Syrius falling. He is caught by Trangle's use of the Force though. With everyone concentrating fire on the last it goes down fast with an unfortunate wookiee falling 40 feet with the dead plant. He survives though.

They move on. Trangle rolls a one but re-rolls only to get a 4 on survival. rolling again on the random encounter table I come up with my Port Haven variant of a Stirge  :smirk , 14 of them according to the roll. It was getting late by this time though so I left off with the ominous sound of a large number of mosquitoes growing louder in the distance as night approaches.

I hope I get to use the encounter table I created for the planet a few more times. They need the extra exp to get them fully to level 5 before I want to begin the next installment for DoD. I figure between Port Haven and the mini-adventure task Switch has them on they should pick the level up.

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 06:02:58 AM »
Pre Queen of Air and Darkness-Session 2

Going to be a short update tonight as I am exhusted. After having to skip a session last week when a friend of the group was home from Afghanistan for only a couple days. Then I had to do all the preprep on the food and cake for my daughter's 1st b-day, so I had virtually no time to review my notes when we played this last Wednesday. Leading to a disheveled messy excuse of a GMing job and bolloxing up a later encounter that was going to be cool. Ah well I best get to it and end revisiting the painful memories  :bigeye

Well we ended in the midst of the growing sounds of the jungle and the impending darkness of night about to engulf the party. The sounds of a massive mosquito cloud didn't seem to alarm the party as much as I thought it would. So they went about setting up camp and watches. Grozarra and Mythia taking the first with Trangle and Syrius sinking into Force Trances.

Making attack rolls in secret I have my large bloodsucking saga edition stirge like critters stealthly latch onto the Grozarra and Mythia first. Their needle like stinger finding flesh and numbing the area quickly so they don't feel it (poor perception checks and beating fort defenses). 3 begin to feed voraciously on Mythia and Grozarra each. I revised these critters so that they only took 1 HP per round they sucked but for every 5 attack rolls that went over the fort defense they would go down 1 on the condition track. Only they don't realize this so once Grozarra starts hitting -3 ont he condition track I tell him he is begining to fell very exhusted and feels like he is going to topple over asleep any minute. I had several more begin to latch onto Syrius who also did not notice and Trangle who makes ungodly Perception checks often and leaps into action as the first lands on him. Trangle issues a loud warning to everyone as he leaps up.

He ignores his own peril and issues forth a loud bellow (Ithorian species trait) and manages to kill several of the bugs on Mythia and Syrius. Two more bugs latch onto Grozarra and in his already weakened state tries hard to fight them off. Mythia leaps over to help him trying to squash the bugs with strikes of her fists and takes on out. Trangle uses Force Grip on one taking his blood and it explodes under the pressure showering him with his own blood. Syrius rashly decides to take shots at the ones on Trangle and actually manages to snipe one off Trangles shoulder.

Grozarra collapses under the assault of the bloodsucking and Trangle quickly uses the opportunity to Force slam those groups over the Wookiee. With Syrius making short work of the last remaining one. Mythia immediately goes to work on Grozarra. With the persistant condition requiring atleast 8 hours rest they continue their camp. (had to endure a couple Blue Harvest quotes about Lightsaber bugzappers; "heeeyyy, why would you put that there, it looks so enticing" in his best watto voice :lmao)

About midday they get back on the move. Syrius manages several good Survival check in a row and the group seems to be making swift progress through the jungle. Their luck turns though as a bad roll sends them back to my encounters table. They find a quickly over growing trial and as they proceed down it find a small blueish lizard standing in the middle munching on something indistinguishable. Not know what it could be Syrius talks smoothly to it and it simple cocks its head in his direction. Thinking they have lucked out on an easy encounter Tranlge uses move light object on a peice of food to entice the critter and once it begins to follow the floating bit he flings it off into the wooded area off to the side. The blue lizard races off on two legs after it and disappears.

Grozarra growls something out about feeding the local wildlife, and as if he was foreshadowing events, sure enough not only does the lizard reappear to them a short while later in their path but now their are two of them and a peception reveals two more making their way toward the group from either side. Figuring niceties have fails Grozara move up to the pair and roars and tries to look as intimidating as possible but fails epiclly and tries a reroll only to net slightly better results but neither is enough to evoke much of a positive response other than the original lizard lunges forward to nip the wookiee on the foot. A ready Trangle stops it mid lunge with Move Object and then flings it a little too roughly against a nearby tree. The other reacting to the sudden rapid movements emits his stunning charge (yup another monster I appropriated from MM1 to populate my encounter table with). It knocks Grozarra down 2 on the condition track (not grozarra's night every attack to his Fort defense seemed to roll high). The party then notices two more rustling sounds coming toward them. The next round the lizards all move within range and BAM they loose the big electrical discharge, zapping everyone pretty good. Though they are minced pretty quickly the following round and the rest run off.

After another several hours of progress and one more encounter with a sinkhole. They manage to get very close to their destination but hear a group coming towards them. The party quickly ducks into the brush and they send Syrius out to see who they are. Syrius hits a 1 on his Stealth ceck but quickly rerolls due to improved Stealth and gets a nat 20. So he gets within a few feet of the group as they move down the path. A young human male is in the lead of the group hacking away with his axe clearing the already over growing trail and looking positively miserable. Folloing him closely pointing a blaster rifle at his back is a large feline species a head and a half taller the Grozarra even (a Togorian) who tells the human to get moving and that they want to get to that ship by nightfall. Several other pirates looking individuals follow made up of an assortment of species including one Jawa trying hard to keep up swearing rapidly in it's own tongue. Rather then commlink once they are out of sight Syrius decides to head back to where the others are hiding.

He must not have been paying too close to my description or my storytelling just wasnt up to par that night and he botches up the description the group so I help him out with it. Then leaves out that they are headed for their ship. To which the other players were OOC'ing to him saying umm arent you forgettign something. o I allow him a Int check to recall the events in a better fashion and it fails as well. So advising the party that the jungle heat and dehydration must be affecting his mind they press on to the settlement figuring their best chance at trying to find the parts they need is now while some of the inhabitants are gone.

As they move closer in the following minutes they hear in the distance a echoing rapport of a slugthrower shot and then several blaster shots.

Knowing they dont have a lot of time they reluctantly have Syrius go on ahead and take a look at the settlement. He contact them via comm link and advises them he sees a small village of a dozen or so stone buildings and a large tent surrounded by a large mound of refuse that rings the area.He also informs them that several ships are landed on the beach on the other side of the village. He moves to a better vantage point after trangle inquires what type of ships. Syrius informs then their are two more Dianoga class fights and a Freefall class bomber parked together and by itself is a freighter, intact but it's landing gear partially sunken in the sand indicating that it has been there for a little while.

They decide to send Syrius then Grozarra toward the freighter and then the fighters and see if they can swipe the parts they needs from under the pirate's noses. Hopefully before more pirates return. They manage to find much of what they need from the freighter and it only takes a short period of time to strip it off. They need one more part and its not on the freighter so they decide to strip it from the bomber. They make great stealth rolls and avoid notice of the village occupants who are all inside anyhow to avoid the heat. Once inside they locate what they need and begin taking it off. Just as they are doing that I have all make a perception roll modifies by distance for Listen. Mythia and Trangle hear it and then quickly see it right away and Grozarra picks it up too even from his distance. The band of pirates that went out has returned one number less with the Togorian loudly berating the rest of the group. Several other pirates join them outside. One human adressing the Togorian with authority as Ruukin asks what happened. Ruukin harshly tells him that Hallomar has escaped before he could get them to the new ship. The apparent leader replies unworried that he wont go far we have three of the other villagers left and he fancies the girl. He will be back. we will take the Freefall out to the coordinates and drop a boarding party on the ship from above. We will have our new ship and can leave this rock for good.

As they turn to head into the apparent Cantina though the leader spots the still lowered ramp on the freighter and then the one on the bomber. He orders his men into two groups. he leads one to the frieghter and Ruukin leads the other toward Grozarra and Syrius. Grozarra sees them coming and they both set up knowing they will be trapped. They set a couple frags nearby ready to toss and set their weapons to auto.

The first group of pirates get tot he freigter first and two toss grenades in which let off the telling sound bursts of stun grenades then two more rush up the ramp with large rifle type weapons with flared muzzles and each lets off an easily identifies stun blast. Trangle quickly relates this tactic to Grozarra. Grozarra pulls Syrous back into a side compartment instead away from the incoming pirates sealing the door. They hear te commotion just outside the door. Trangle and Mythia rush toward the Bomber coming in hard behind the pirates as the last ones are going up the ramp he attacks charging in and lays ones out with a lightsaber cut. Mythia providing coverfire for him as the rest of the pirates turn. Trangle then blasts the remaining 3 with force slam knocking them pron ebut not fully out. and starts inside. Meanwhile the door to the compartment slides open and a Gamorrean stand right in the opening taking the brunt of attacks from Syrius and Grozarra. Wheeling around from their cover on either side of the door, two pirates unleash stunning cones from their deck sweepers. It does nothing to Syrius who Evades quickly and Grozarra shrugs most of the damage off. The Togorian steps over the fallen Gamorrean and wielding a power hammer wades into Grozarra smashing him HARD. A following Gamorrean moves quickly into melee with Syrius doing some decent damage and the Decksweepers drop their weapons and pull vibro blades to join in soon. Ruukin demands they surrender the fact that an obviouse value of a wookiee on the slave market outwaying the species usual aggressiveness. Grozarra quickly realizing he is outmatched and not knowing where Trangle is drops his weapons. Syrius (his player playing rather erratic this session) decides he is going to toss a frag. It takes out a few behind the group but the Gamorrean in his face slices him bad and Syrius needs to use a Force point to survive in unconsciousness.

The other group of pirates having finished their search of the freighter craft come out and see the fight at the bomber and begin the charge over. Once their they all train weapons on Trangle and Mythia as the pirates holding Grozarra and carrying Syrius approach as well.

Even in the face of such overwhelming numbers my players are still in D&D mode thinking they can hack through anything. So it takes quite a bit of convincing conversation from the leader to get Trangle to relinquish his lightsaber.

Now that the leader is closer Mythia recognises him, "Tuval Vorn, I would have thought you'd be dead by now." her revulsion is obvious, "After all you pulled at my Father's company I am not surprised your in league with pirates as well, and it explains how you managed to evade the authorities those years back."

"Young Mythia Zahn," he licks his lip slightly as he leers at her, "my, you have...grown" moving close, lightly moving some of her hair to his nose and inhales. " I often marveled at life's little surprises. I am going to enjoy having you and your friend's as my "guests"."  He turns to his men "See to it that they are made comfortable in their new accomidations." to which they all laugh and usher the party off.

The one carrying Syrius splits off and heads into a diferent stone hut. The conscious party members are pushed into an empty stone house with manacles haphazardly forced into the walls. Tuval asks Trangle is he will be a good little Jedi and enjoy his hospitality or is he going to have to remove his tongue for the safety of his men. Trangle agrees to keep quiet. Grozarra tries the strength of the manacles and finds they are strong. Trangle then tries to influence one of the guards into letting the go but only manages to eventually get himself gaged instead.

After the Bomber gets repaired back up they take it tot he coordinates of where the party landed their ship and return shortly with it. Putting it down on the beach as well. Trangel and Grozarra both audibly groan.

They decide to get their rest while they have time. Only later they here stone scraping stone ever so slightly. A rock at the back of the house is soon dislodged and moon light streams in. They se and axe being used to dig out the hole underneath to widen it. Soon a body slides under. In the dark he quietly introduces himself, "I am Hallomar, I will free you." He sets about wokring on the manacles freeing each of the party and leads them out to the jungles edge where the body of Syrius is already there along with an older man tending him.

We ended here befor emuch conversation could take place as it was getting late and I didn't to do anything more untill I could alter my notes to account for the changes made on the fly during the session. Wow this went longer then I thought it would  :p

GM for Dawn of Defiance