Author Topic: [Old] The setting/Character groupings  (Read 26029 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: The setting/Character groupings
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2009, 04:26:27 AM »
As a plot tie in, the inability of the Nanoha group to leave Earth-space could be due to distortions in time/space caused by Lavos. The "Devouring Time" might have a small effect on time/space technology. ;)

Could be Culex as well...

EDIT: Or my guy's transport crashed into yours, destroying both...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 06:11:54 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2009, 05:04:06 AM »
oh good lord... yes, that's the only thing missing from that place... a psychotic bug oni that kills people for money and eats their souls...

I've read some of Negima, and was thinking it sounded like fun to be in that group.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2009, 05:47:35 AM »
Wait, you eat souls?!

my character IS a soul

stay out of my group  ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 06:11:14 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Planetouched Handbook

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2009, 05:49:14 AM »
oh good lord... yes, that's the only thing missing from that place... a psychotic bug oni that kills people for money and eats their souls...

I've read some of Negima, and was thinking it sounded like fun to be in that group.
Anything is excusable if you are a high charisma female thing. :D

As for why the nanoha team isn't back, only higher ranked mages(IIRC, A and above) can cross planes unaided(Nanoha and Fate started at AA+ IIRC, the Wolkenritter ranged from AA to AAA+), so rookies like our level 6 girls can't cross planes without Interdimensional Battlecruiser support.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2009, 04:24:47 AM »
so I bought Hellboy 2 tonight, and have been watching it, and while it's... bringing some less than pleasant thoughts to the surface, it did give me an idea.

We could have a BPRD group. I know a lot of you are trying to angle towards anime, but... for those who don't exactly consider themselves otaku, and for those playing monstrous characters... this could be a good group.

HeadofVecna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2009, 06:55:41 AM »
Prak, if I manage to finish my character in a reasonable amount of time, our character's might be a good fit. At this point I'm planning to go ahead with the chaos knight with some tweaks in build and concept to make him more legal and party friendly. But he'll still be more anti-hero than 'dark is not evil'. That said, a mysterious/nefarious benefactor might work better than a BPRD structure for such a grouping.  If I understand K'er'ask's motivations correctly, anyone willing to pay to create chaos and destruction would work for both characters as a ticket to board the plot. Don't get me wrong, I like the BPRD and there are plenty of examples in anime of somewhat similar organizations. But it seems like both our characters are the sort of beings that a BPRD would hunt rather than have as hunters.

Lemme know ...

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2009, 07:26:53 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I like the BPRD and there are plenty of examples in anime of somewhat similar organizations. But it seems like both our characters are the sort of beings that a BPRD would hunt rather than have as hunters.
hmm. good point, though I was thinking I'd somewhat rework motivations for a BPRD setup, I'd actually rather not do that though.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2009, 12:08:01 PM »
BPRD is?

Edit: Oh nevermind I found out.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:27:11 PM by Nick »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2009, 02:12:49 PM »
*Looks up from volume 5 of Negima*

BPRD? Dammit, not another thing I have to look up! Wait, you don't consider yourself otaku? Get out of my thread. :mad
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 02:15:32 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2009, 03:10:21 PM »

BPRD? Dammit, not another thing I have to look up! Wait, you don't consider yourself otaku? Get out of my thread. :mad

I hope you're reading Mahou Sensei Negima! instead of the other one. :)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2009, 03:13:53 PM »

There's another manga? So far the plot has consisted entirely of "Negi sneezes Asuna's clothes off". Oh, and did I say volume? I meant chapter.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:16:06 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2009, 03:24:26 PM »

There's another manga? So far the plot has consisted entirely of "Negi sneezes Asuna's clothes off". Oh, and did I say volume? I meant chapter.
Yeah, there's another one. You should be fine reading just Negima! for general knowledge, though (I haven't read it either).
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2009, 11:05:18 PM »

Ahh chapter 5. You're closer to a small clue of what Negima is about. When you find Negi vs Evangeline, you'll see why this isn't just a simple harem comedy.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2009, 01:27:12 AM »
Tis got a healthy dose of DBZ by now.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2009, 07:46:25 AM »

Ahh chapter 5. You're closer to a small clue of what Negima is about. When you find Negi vs Evangeline, you'll see why this isn't just a simple harem comedy.
Just got to it actually...
My work

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2009, 06:38:46 PM »
By the way, are we going to see any green dragons, will o' wisps, invisible stalkers or arrowhawks?
Planetouched Handbook

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2009, 11:51:47 PM »
By the way, are we going to see any green dragons, will o' wisps, invisible stalkers or arrowhawks?

I'd like to go one on one against a Valkyrie too.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2009, 12:17:23 AM »

Don't forget Djinnis.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2009, 03:00:34 PM »
Edited Lightning Bruiser(trope)'s AP bonus to "gain the Skirmish special ability as a Scout of your character level for one round." Seems more balanced in comparison to her other tropes than "take an extra move action", especially since that made Super Speed essentially useless.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2009, 09:15:54 AM »

I'd like to go one on one against a Valkyrie too.
After you groped her?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]