Author Topic: [Old] The setting/Character groupings  (Read 26092 times)

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: The setting/Character groupings
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2009, 07:10:02 PM »
Hey prime, how about you and me make a team?  :P There's always room for antagonistic bad guys.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2009, 07:29:05 PM »
Hey prime, how about you and me make a team?  :P There's always room for antagonistic bad guys.
And post up their names and character sheets? :P I don't think we need a "Team Evil".
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2009, 07:42:12 PM »
And post up their names and character sheets? :P I don't think we need a "Team Evil".
Maybe if they're Team Rocket?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2009, 08:07:30 PM »
Well, I'm sure you can handle the blasting...
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2009, 10:15:56 PM »
If I WAS gonna team with a ghost, it's because he doesn't appear to be totally hollow-evil, but I wanna keep a (hostile) eye on him. I suppose it could work; my guy's kind of an asshole anyways, so could be funny enough. And besides, the whole throwing many blades at once with telekinesis (if that's the charrie I'm thinking of) is very bleach.

Danke, lame year though (19); feel like I'm in the interim with legal (18), no longer a teen (20), and able to buy drinks (21). 19 just gives you fuck all, lol.

Angsty sorcerer would be skydragonknight then? Haha, sounds fine by me, I can be pretty flexible as a character. Whoever needs a melee guy. Team up all three for a ranged tele, spellcaster, and melee?

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2009, 12:11:51 AM »
(Edited groups into first post)

Okay, now it seems Flay doesn't have a partner. How do you feel about teaming up with an angsty, incestuous sorcerer? :P Prak's character is basically a Hollow, so you would need some strong justification there.
(Also, Happy Birthday!)

I don't think I got an answer for teaming up Heliomance with Operation Shoestring - is that okay with the two of you?

Sounds okay to me.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2009, 01:07:20 AM »
So, what's the word on how expensive material components will be handled?

I'm eventually going to use animate dead, and I'd like to avoid having to carry around

(25 gp/ hit dice), (fifty gp to the pound)... half a pound of gold worth of onyx per hit dice... gold is selling for about $880/ troy ounce...around $6400 per hit dice of onyx... Onyx is currently going for less than a dollar per carat, but let's round up... 6400 carats is 1.28 kilograms... density of onyx is 2.6 g/ml...

I am NOT cramming HALF A LITER of onyx into the eye sockets of the WEAKEST POSSIBLE SKELETON.  I don't think I could even BEGIN to make it FIT...  :banghead
 :(

:blush

Sorry.  But seriously, the current rules are a bit... off.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2009, 02:18:19 AM »
So, what's the word on how expensive material components will be handled?

I'm eventually going to use animate dead, and I'd like to avoid having to carry around

(25 gp/ hit dice), (fifty gp to the pound)... half a pound of gold worth of onyx per hit dice... gold is selling for about $880/ troy ounce...around $6400 per hit dice of onyx... Onyx is currently going for less than a dollar per carat, but let's round up... 6400 carats is 1.28 kilograms... density of onyx is 2.6 g/ml...

I am NOT cramming HALF A LITER of onyx into the eye sockets of the WEAKEST POSSIBLE SKELETON.  I don't think I could even BEGIN to make it FIT...  :banghead
 :(

:blush

Sorry.  But seriously, the current rules are a bit... off.
Having helped a buddy with a necromancer lately, the money lies in using Fell Animate spells to kill your enemies, so they rise up. At first you'd mostly be using Fell Animate Chill Touch for multiple Coup De Graces to do that though.

Also, later, if you were corporeal, I'd have suggested paying for Spellstitching the required spells, but since you're incorporeal, you'd have to take control of a suitable undead and spellstitch that. Or somehow become corporeal long enough to get the requisite magic tattoos.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2009, 11:06:33 AM »
Or you could stand in front of some good-aligned church and give out free arrows as people come out.
The arrows, of course, are Unholy. Enjoy your army of wights.

On a different note, how will the nanoha group handle telepathy (you know, like between the Wolkenritter, or Tia and Subaru)? The first solution tha came to mind is a permanent item of Mindlink, which would cost about 4k, if three people were to be linked. This could be reduced to 3,600 if we make it restricted to one alignment (say, NG, since bothShina and Liliana are NG). Should be easy to handle if everyone chips in, but are there any cheaper alternatives?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2009, 03:14:01 PM »
Permanent Message?
Spell level x CL x 2000 x1.5 = 1500 each. But it works on anyone we can see and goes both ways. And a spellcasting/spellcraft limitation makes that 1350gp or 1050(if you link it to your own casting class, that'd do it, the items don't have to be the same) each.

EDIT: Brainfart, Message no work like that. Mindlink is better for the same price.
Fairly sure we can adhoc that to be more flexible though.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 03:20:23 PM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2009, 03:21:11 PM »
EDIT: Nevermind. Not a brainfart, but was too lazy to read up. :D

EDIT 2: Would having it crafted by someone with Overchannel work? >_>
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 03:23:36 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Rufei

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2009, 07:48:21 PM »
>__>

Oh jeez.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2009, 08:19:18 PM »
You're in the real world, right.  We have unlimited free mundane equipment, right?  The equipment can be reflavored into innate powers, right?

You've got a couple walkie-talkies.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2009, 10:24:09 PM »

Quickened + Command word activation using DMM to get it crafted with Quicken without the higher caster level it entails?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2009, 11:06:30 PM »
So yeah, any new word on the groups? Don't let it lose steam!

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2009, 11:16:49 PM »

Quickened + Command word activation using DMM to get it crafted with Quicken without the higher caster level it entails?

Or Shina could just manifest Mindlink whenever we need to split up or communicate telepathically...

ML 6 at 10 min/level for 3 people is 2pp for 1 hour of a 3-way mindlink.
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Rufei

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2009, 01:44:03 AM »
I'm still working on items. I need a way to imitate a touhou spell (read: bomb), but it doesn't seem too feasible (at least with the way things are set up). For starters, though, I'm going to pick up something that grants me evasion (to imitate bullet dodging). Dunno how I'd do grazing.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2009, 09:22:18 AM »
I should have just gone with Mutants & Masterminds :P
My work

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2009, 10:59:45 AM »

:lmao
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2009, 04:18:31 PM »
Haha, I did suggest that, way back, it's a bit more flexible, if less accessible. But we can fly with what we have.

Mindlink, manifested proper seems ok. Was wondering though, if a shared, immaterial 'item' any of us can activate for Mindlink would work? That'd let it connect team members anywhere, regardless of the usual targeting limits, and anyone can activate the dohickey to get telepathy with a stranger in close range.

As for a Bomb, you could just go with a heavily metamagiced AoE spell, seems that the thing is either a scroll or a highly limited(1/day or 1/week perhaps) item of such a spell. OR you could grab a metamagic rod and combine that with a spell to produce unusually powerful/large effects

Say, Prime, opinions on the rules issue? Been waiting for a couple o days now.
Want my animal companion/familiar/freak.:D
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]