Author Topic: Fun gestalt gishes  (Read 4154 times)

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Fun gestalt gishes
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 05:24:15 PM »
I like the Trapsmith to Swiftblade entry, personally.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 06:19:55 PM »

Do note that this does need a houserule since swiftblade specifies casting haste in a third level slot.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 06:58:16 PM »
Heighten Spell will take care of that.

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 07:25:28 PM »

Do note that this does need a houserule since swiftblade specifies casting haste in a third level slot.

I seem to recall that this was addressed in the FAQ or something.  Trapsmiths use their first level slots to cast haste, as normal.

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 07:47:56 PM »

I seem to recall that this was addressed in the FAQ or something.  Trapsmiths use their first level slots to cast haste, as normal.
I think it was in an actual question directed at the Swiftblade author in some thread (similar to the Shadowcaster's fixes).

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 08:00:26 PM »

I think it was in an actual question directed at the Swiftblade author in some thread (similar to the Shadowcaster's fixes).

Can I get a link to the shadowcaster fixes?

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 08:26:41 PM »
Can I get a link to the shadowcaster fixes?
This was "server timed out" when I clicked on it.
http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2957649

Here's a direct reprinting of it (first SBLOCK):
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=611162

Here's some Shadowcaster stuff I played with (I was on a real SLA high for quite a while):
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=996546

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 12:33:57 PM »

The Swiftblade Handbook has a notice about that, second post.
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=859073
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

bitznarf

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 07:33:37 PM »
I'm playing a Wizard/Fighter/Rogue/Spellsword build myself at the moment and I'm quite enjoying it.  You can find the build I'm using here if you're so inclined.  While certainly not the most optimized (especially with the playstyle given that I'm not using polymorph), it really doesn't need to be any more optimized unless you are running around with optimized CoDzillas/Shadowcraft Mages or the like.

Basic idea is a trapfinding, selfbuffing tank - full caster levels and not much BaB loss.  The build has been continually tweaked based on gameplay, notably with the Leadership and Might Makes Right feats.  That and he recently started worshipping Boccob which prompted Knowledge Devotion.