Author Topic: Blue Mage build  (Read 5339 times)

Cyrocloud

• Curious George
    • Email
Re: Blue Mage build
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 10:50:15 PM »
Could you take leadership and grab an artificer cohort, he would be able to make scrolls and such to use on you so you could learn the spells, and since he is 2 levels lower than you he can constantly make spells that would be availble to a wizard of your same level :D.

AlisAtAn

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 11:25:24 PM »
Could you take leadership and grab an artificer cohort, he would be able to make scrolls and such to use on you so you could learn the spells, and since he is 2 levels lower than you he can constantly make spells that would be availble to a wizard of your same level :D.

Most games dont allow for leadership, but yeah. An archivist in the team would be nice too. They get all sorts of nasty spells to grind me with. This is one masochistic character.

I`m gonna have to re-read all the spell lists in BoVD and BoED. Lots of fun to be had. Assassin gets many spells lower than usual too. Too bad his spells are spread all across the splatbooks.
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 02:41:09 AM »
Or just use Choker from the MM. For additional cheesiness, Chronotyryn from Fiend Folio has dual actions that allows you to make twice as many actions as normally..
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 10:27:46 AM »

Warlock is probably better for this.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Shigunaru

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • I am your "friend"
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2008, 01:31:53 PM »
Posting guidelines. Read 'em. Use 'em. Love 'em.