Author Topic: Across the Stars - Game Thread  (Read 49948 times)

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
Re: Across the Stars - Game Thread
« Reply #560 on: September 13, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »
Stuff that can attract attention over time
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #561 on: September 13, 2009, 11:35:36 PM »
"Not the most subtle of operatives, I take it?" the bartender asks with a wink.

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #562 on: September 13, 2009, 11:51:46 PM »
Depends on your definition of subtle. If it means no witnesses, than I am very subtle
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #563 on: September 14, 2009, 12:33:30 AM »
"But not when it comes to the blaster marks on the wall, huh? I can understand that," says the barkeep, pouring a customer another drink. "You know, I wouldn't have taken a Kel Dor for a heavy weapons type of guy."

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #564 on: September 15, 2009, 07:35:30 PM »
I don't use blasters, too messy. I use a modified vibrosword. Instantly cauterizes wounds to prevent blood splatters. I also get a few credits on the side from the local butchers. Torin leans in, Take my word, you do NOT want the bantha meat at the Mos Eisly market this month.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #565 on: September 15, 2009, 09:59:52 PM »
For a heartbeat, the bartender's expression doesn't change. Then he bursts into raucous laughter, stopping only when it trails off into a racking cough. "Guy, you've got some kinda sense of humor. You feel free to stop back here any time if you get a job, hear me?"

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #566 on: September 17, 2009, 06:56:28 PM »
Torin laughs as well.
Got it.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
  • Nar dralshy'a - "Try_harder" (mando'a)
« Reply #567 on: September 19, 2009, 02:42:00 AM »
Alt eyes his fellow patrons next to him.
"Really? Ships too." Alt breaks his gaze and one can see that he is pondering over something. He takes another drink. 
More of those B-1 Federation Batkoid types, right?

Has your Intel let y'all know if the Republic will aid the Hutts? I'm sure the Hutts are suspicious, if not already aware of your intentions?

Any Republic deadbeats show up to confirm any possible intel on it?

-Persuasion check for sharing what info they may have:1d20+1=17or gather info check 1d20+1=18]

[spoiler]
OOC:Sorry school, and family stuff have made me be so busy.[/spoiler]

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Alt   in SWSE PBP Across the Stars
Str 14(+2) Dex 17(+3) Con 14(+2) Int 14(+2) Wis 14(+2) Cha 9(-1)
Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #568 on: September 19, 2009, 08:46:26 PM »
"Yeah, the Baktoids. Of course, we haven't had anything to shoot at for a while, so the men're getting a bit edgy, yeah? Some of them took it into their heads to shoot at womp rats when they were on patrol after curfew, so they started having the droids do it instead. As for the Reps, well...None of them walk into town directly, but sometimes, when you're on patrol, you might see something that looks a little bigger than a womp rat. No word from the Hutts just yet, but with their ambassador missing, it's only a matter of time, wouldn't you say? Naturally, and I'm sure once that happens we'll be getting the go-ahead quite soon," Ev and Sal inform Alt, in a back-and-forth manner that seems to amuse the pair to no end.

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #569 on: September 24, 2009, 07:32:19 PM »
Alt says
So the Republic's missing someone.  An ambassador.  I bet the men ...
<He motions with his fingers a subtle military sign language for slotting someone.>
...helped him find his way find here on Tatooine?

stealth check to conceal the sign to only just his two associates in front of him
[spoiler]
invisible castle is down atm, i'll try to edit this in here once its back up [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:24:29 PM by stevemfred »

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #570 on: September 25, 2009, 01:23:55 AM »
The twins glance at Alt's gesture, then at each other. Ev--or Sal--responds in kind under the pretext of reaching for his glass.

Alt:
[spoiler]The sign in question means "nonlethal force", and is generally used to indicate the use of stun weapons, concussion grenades, and the like.[/spoiler]

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #571 on: September 28, 2009, 11:05:23 AM »
I wonder how long his host's intend to be so accommodating. Alt grins having understood their response

[spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #572 on: September 28, 2009, 09:30:34 PM »
"Probably until he finds his way or until the gentlemen upstairs see fit."

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #573 on: October 13, 2009, 08:03:13 PM »
Is he blessed with enjoying the guest house? or the v.i.p suite of his benefactor's humble aboad?

[spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #574 on: October 13, 2009, 10:53:49 PM »
Identical winks meet Alt. "He's enjoying some pretty fancy quarters. Nothing shabby--finest curtains, wallpaper, locks on the doors--you know, the works."