Author Topic: Across the Stars - Game Thread  (Read 49921 times)

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
Re: Across the Stars - Game Thread
« Reply #480 on: August 18, 2009, 01:58:07 PM »
Turning her comlink back on, Teela interrupts the Trooper and Kel-Dor.  "How much farther to Bestine?"
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
  • Nar dralshy'a - "Try_harder" (mando'a)
« Reply #481 on: August 18, 2009, 03:31:45 PM »
Relating with the Twi'leks impatience as well as noticing the elasped time from traveling, Alt's voice is heard over the comm channel:
You'll be seeing it any second now. It just over that ridge there. He points.
The growing city is set below the plateau we are trailing on.  The sand seems to hide almost everything here on Tatooine...all walks of poodoo in the galaxy.  That's why you haven't seen anything yet.  We can drop off the speeders near the starport, and then walk to the hidden bunker-it's only a klick away, but they easily startle and foot approach will be less threatening-unless you want to barge in blaster, and lightsabers, blazing and demand the information.  Either way I figured we'd make here with about 30 mins to spare before they start so y'all could do come recce-reconnaissance- if we decided on the stealth and surprise approach.

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Alt   in SWSE PBP Across the Stars
Str 14(+2) Dex 17(+3) Con 14(+2) Int 14(+2) Wis 14(+2) Cha 9(-1)
Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #482 on: August 18, 2009, 11:50:22 PM »
Hey, remember how I may or may not have made up your entire life? Well, I can do that to other people as well, just takes a wave of the hand.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #483 on: August 19, 2009, 06:49:31 AM »
"Not this poodoo again..." Jayce sighs.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #484 on: August 19, 2009, 11:04:59 AM »
Alt slows down his swoop bike to a stop at the ridge.  And glances down at the young rising city.  It's dark now that it's late into the night and Tatooines setting suns are completely hidden. 
I have always loved working under the cover of night 
He grins. Alt turns his head and looks toward the others waiting for them to huddle around him and discuss the next step.

I take it that that's one for blazing in?

Seeing how I left on neutral grounds-neither for nor against them, the CIS members may seem open enough for us to just show up; however, I doubt that since this is a sensitive thing for them: these meetings.  We could get lucky. But they may not care to pause to see whose coming before they take pot shots at us and release a squad of droids.

Also, those corporate people they are working with may be trigger happy and send everyone else up into a frenzy too. I don't know them.

I'm for the stealth approach.

I didn't really have anypart of what they do at these meetings or what they are like, I just killed for them, and got paid. So I'm in the dark as well.  But I do know that Mell shows up.  I kept my eyes and ears opened you know: Investigate, record, understand.  Intelligence saves your life sooner or later. And pays out.

...then if needs be,
he motions to Torin
Torin you can use your Alt waves his hand theatrically mimicking Torin's earlier movement Sith mind rape force magic stuff.  
If they intercepted the ambassador guy and thought thought someone could trace them to here, they may already have extra croonies on guard thinking Jabba might come looking for the dead beat Republic contact.

I can do either approach though.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 11:31:36 AM by stevemfred »

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #485 on: August 19, 2009, 02:05:38 PM »
I think I'm going pro stealth here also.  maybe disperse and surround...
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #486 on: August 19, 2009, 02:22:30 PM »
Teela nods in agreement.  Stealth is okay with me.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #487 on: August 19, 2009, 02:27:04 PM »
"Stealth it is."
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #488 on: August 19, 2009, 03:24:52 PM »
Alt nodds in acknowledgement and engages the swoops throttle and accelerates to a slower speed- one more compliant with city limits, as if casually strolling to his favorite pub.  

He parks the swoop bike across the street toward the rear of the local cantina.

over the comm:
This should be a good place to leave them so as not to draw attention to ourselves.

He dismounts, pockets the ignition chip, and briefly scans his gear going through a mental checklist to make sure all is still there and ready to go. Grasping again his preferred weapon of choice, his Deece, he primes his light repeating blaster rifle and then visually scans, nonchalantly, to see if anyone is around or notices him; but he is slightly distracted by his new associates following him.

Stealth Check:1d20+10 ? [5,10] = (15)

Perception Check:1d20+11 ? [3,11] = (14)

[spoiler]  :twitch not as well as I had hoped for [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:15:25 PM by stevemfred »

[spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #489 on: August 19, 2009, 04:47:24 PM »
Alt steps off the bike, noticing that no one seems to have noticed his arrival thus far. A quick glance around reveals nobody nearby, and the trooper takes a few steps away from the bike.

Out of a small alcove nearby, a quiet, refined voice asks,
"Koona t'chuta, Alt?" The trooper feels a slight pressure in his side, where the armor plates reveal the body suit. The object pressing into his ribcage is about the size of a blaster muzzle, and after a second, it disappears.

Alt:
[spoiler]The voice is that of Kaska Tavi'lya, a Bothan who you recall from your short employment here. He was never an active proponent of the CIS, but rather the quiet one who would say a few words and sit back to watch the resulting argument.

The Huttese should need no translation. :D[/spoiler]

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #490 on: August 19, 2009, 05:39:59 PM »
Fierfek!
Alt's heart races, an icon on his HUD flashes indicating an obivious spike in his heart rate. 

Alt switches off the comm channel from the others with a blink, and then activates the voice projector:
Kaska... he coughs out, obiviously having been startled.
What an unexpectant visit you pay me.  You always were a werdla bothan weren't you?

Scolding himself: I haven't had anyone get the drop on me since the Null's pulled that prank with that hydrospanner.
I got distracted. Kal'buir would kick my shebs for such a rookie mistake.

He smoothily yet cautiously directs his gaze at the Bothan. He slowly eases his second hand off his Deece.  The left hand slowly motions a non agressive possition - opened palmed, nearing perfect anatomical postion.
However his right still clasps the the grip of his weapon-ready to react and take him down if needs be.

Grinning, but hiddened from the barrier off his buy'ce, he fasciasously says:
It's been a long stressful day and I can't sleep.  I'm feeling like a stroll around the town is what the doctor order.

[spoiler]
buy'ce=mando'a for helmet
werdla=mando'a for stealthy
shebs=mando'a for rear, backside, butt
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #491 on: August 19, 2009, 07:35:31 PM »
"A stroll around town?", the Bothan purrs, stepping carefully around to Alt's other side and motioning for him to drop his blaster. "Why, Alt, can it be that you have finally seen your error in leaving the Confederacy's employ? Or do you normally carry your weapons for a casual walk after the suns set?"

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #492 on: August 19, 2009, 08:29:56 PM »
Good ol' CIS, I'd join 'em if it weren't for the Rule of Two Torin thinks as he watches Alt and the Bothan from afar. But, they never seem to grasp the rules around here. For example...
Torin moves closer to test the Bothan's awareness

Stealth: 1d20+4=22

[spoiler]Torin's goal is to get up behind him.[/spoiler]
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #493 on: August 19, 2009, 09:11:57 PM »
Jax watches all of this nonchalantly, seeing no reason to get involved.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #494 on: August 19, 2009, 10:05:53 PM »
Kaska glances around, seemingly out of habit, then blinks. A slow smile creeps across his face, and his ears twitch slightly."Tell your acquaintance to come stand over here. Quietly, and casually, or else we see how good this armor of yours is. Once he gets over here, have him drop his weapon too." The blaster does not waver, but stays pointed at the bodysuit.

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #495 on: August 19, 2009, 11:21:44 PM »
Torin walks over, seeing that he's been spotted. I knew you aren't as stupid as you looked. But, here, let me help with this mugging/shady conversation. You don't want to stand so close to the other guy, take a step back. Also, although it is good to keep an eye on your surrounding around here, you should really be focusing on the other guy's weapons until he is completely disarmed. You look like you've got pretty good ears, so you should rely on them until you are absolutely sure the other guy is harmless. You were pretty smart keeping the blaster off him, but that works even better if you are behind him. As long as he can see the blaster, he knows where your aiming and might see you pull the trigger. Torin says, moving to behind Alt and making a gun with his fingers. Torin aims at Alt's head, Bang, he's dead and he will only know it's coming once he hears or feels it. On a related note, make sure that he is not wearing a helmet, these things will make it harder for you to tell if he's lying and they often have comms, recording devices, and occasionally computer interface. Torin continues with his "lesson", trying to disassociate himself with Alt and make him look like less of a threat. By the way, the name's Torin. I'd offer to shake your hand, but in your situation that would be a really bad idea, don't you agree?[
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #496 on: August 20, 2009, 12:06:52 AM »
The Bothan bares his teeth in a feral grin, but keeps his eyes on Alt, not letting the arrival of Torin distract him. "An expert on the subject, are we? Very well, perhaps you'd care to disarm yourself? Set a good example for Alt here."

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #497 on: August 20, 2009, 12:19:44 AM »
I'm unarmed, in a sense. Torin says merrily. I'm never truly unarmed though. That's a trouble these days, you have people who have all sorts of ways to defeat you without weapons Torin throws a kick in stereotypical martial arts style to the air. If you wish, I can stand far enough to give you some reaction time in case I must attack.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #498 on: August 20, 2009, 12:32:27 AM »
A chuckle escapes the unknown Bothan's lips. "I'm no stranger to fighting myself. However, I'm a bit more concerned with what you're wearing at your waist. Why don't you put your lightsaber down, Jedi? Take the power cell out first, though. We wouldn't want anyone getting hurt if it accidentally ignited."

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #499 on: August 20, 2009, 12:59:16 AM »
Torin slaps his forehead. I'm sorry, I completely forgot. But, two things, one I NEVER remove my lightsaber. If you wish I can remove the energy cell but the body stays with me. Two, I AM NOT A JEDI. Torin shouts I'm a Sith, not a Jedi. Refer to me as one once more and I will rip out your wind pipe with my mind.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat