Author Topic: Across the Stars - Game Thread  (Read 49935 times)

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
Re: Across the Stars - Game Thread
« Reply #460 on: July 27, 2009, 05:42:15 PM »
Torin slides up besides Teela, Don't worry, I've already tested you. Do you know why you agreed to this?
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #461 on: July 27, 2009, 06:27:02 PM »
[spoiler]Maybe I should've been more clear, but I was talking to Teela the old-fashioned way, not via the comm-system ;)[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #462 on: July 27, 2009, 06:27:50 PM »
Jax lets out a robotic chuckle, breaking the facade of a normal 3PO droid.  "I know why I agreed to this, your little tricks don't work on me."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
  • Nar dralshy'a - "Try_harder" (mando'a)
« Reply #463 on: July 27, 2009, 06:35:03 PM »
So wait,... Alt asks surprisingly, you mean the tinnie here is manning his own ship and not owned by anyof y'all?

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Alt   in SWSE PBP Across the Stars
Str 14(+2) Dex 17(+3) Con 14(+2) Int 14(+2) Wis 14(+2) Cha 9(-1)
Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #464 on: July 27, 2009, 06:38:56 PM »
"Jep, he's workin' for his own share, just like all of us." Jayce informs Alt over the commlink.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #465 on: July 27, 2009, 06:57:15 PM »
"I am JX-3PO, specializing in scouting, stealth, and subterfuge....and human cyborg relations."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #466 on: July 27, 2009, 06:58:06 PM »
Torin laughs, Droids are NOT slaves nor possessions, they are sentient tools, just like everyone else.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #467 on: July 29, 2009, 10:22:16 PM »
Out of curiosity, how many people here are familiar with the Sarlacci? Fascinating creatures they are. I have a strange fascination with them. When I did freelance work for Jabba, I charged less than most bounty hunters in exchange for an hour by the Sarlacc pit, I even got to watch an execution via Sarlacc once. Did you know that it is theorized that a Sarlacc absorbs the intelligence of its prey? Torin asks excitedly
[spoiler]Would it be okay to have Torin be a Sarlacc expert, seeing as it would most likely have no effect on the plot what so ever?[/spoiler]

I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #468 on: July 29, 2009, 11:19:38 PM »
Alt remains silent but thinks to himself:
Sarlacci...I've heard of them in conversation at Dric's cantina, and I remember some notes on them from my flash-learning sessions.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:47:16 PM by stevemfred »

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #469 on: July 29, 2009, 11:50:41 PM »
The greatest sight in the universe is a sarlacc eating its prey.  There is nothing so beautiful, so awe inspiring than that.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #470 on: July 31, 2009, 09:55:01 PM »
Hey, Alt, where'd you get that fancy armor? Looks kinda what I've seen of the Mandolorians, but...
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #471 on: August 02, 2009, 08:11:11 PM »
Alt proudly announces over the comm after a brief hesitation trying to determine how he should form his answer:
Well Torin ... lets just save my beskar'gam-mando'a for armor-was a parting gift He emphasizes by some hut'uun aiwha-bait. My Katarn-Class armor is Mandalorian based.  
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 08:13:08 PM by stevemfred »

[spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #472 on: August 02, 2009, 11:57:48 PM »
Aha! I knew it! I've never actually worked with Mandolorians, but the holocrons I studied occasionally referenced them
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #473 on: August 05, 2009, 11:48:16 AM »
Holocron? What's that? Never heard of one till you metioned it.  Is it like a holozine or holovid?

[spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #474 on: August 05, 2009, 05:38:55 PM »
Yeah, sorta like that, only more Sithlier
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #475 on: August 07, 2009, 10:46:06 AM »
Alt glances again at his chrono and then again at his now exposed holster holding his blaster pistol- the "charge light" shows that it's full.
Good, about time.  It maynot be as powerful, but its definitely more reliable.

He scans the horizon looking for the familiar landmarks indicating how close they are getting- as well as glances quickly around at the party, their vehicles, trying to notice anything that he should be aware about as well as anything on the horizon that could be a threat.

Perception Check
1d20+11 ? [18,11] = (29)

Over the comm he says...

[spoiler]What's he notice Boz?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #476 on: August 07, 2009, 05:59:43 PM »
Alt:
[spoiler]So far, nothing more out of the ordinary than a solitary bantha has presented itself.
You're about a kilometer out.[/spoiler]

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #477 on: August 07, 2009, 06:52:30 PM »
I believe bantha's like the one over there,He motions to the bantha he notices are quite the meal for the renoun Krayt Dragons.  Any of you ever see one or even go up against one of those dragons?  I wonder whether the sarlac could take one.

[spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #478 on: August 07, 2009, 07:15:40 PM »
It would take a big sarlacc, also, because you don't actually die in a sarlacc, it could get out. Torin says, I've seen a Krayt Dragon once, fortunately, as long as you are near a herd of banthas, your fine.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #479 on: August 12, 2009, 11:35:31 AM »
Visiualizing in his mind's eye a Krayt preying upon the lone bantha Alt begins to reflect upon life and death...

Kal'buir said "One can't live without death, can't die without life" ...
I need to "cuyanir" - survive.
  He thinks about his tatoo under his left gauntlet, under his black bodysuit on his left forarm spelling the word out in mando'a.  A permanent visual reminder no matter how bad the situation gets, no matter how affraid he may become.

[spoiler]